PDA

View Full Version : What if....?

iluvsurge220
06-14-2005, 01:07 AM
If Vault is a huge success in the testing areas, how long do you all think it would take to make it everywhere throughout the nation? How long is it going to be tested? If Vault does go nationwide, what kind of advertisements do u think they should have? Just trying to see if anyone has any good ideas.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, it's clear that Coke really knows how to populate shelves nationwide pretty quickly. Coke Zero is just about everywhere already, except at Empire State Buddy's neighborhood in NYC. ;)

I really hope Vault is a success. We need more "Mountain Dew"s on the market, regardless of what the haters say.

Also, if this is indeed supposed to be a competitor to Mt Dew, then that means that Coke will add its own spin on the generic formula (ala Surge), which I look forward to tasting.

iluvsurge220
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Now that Vault is supposedly going nationwide around the new year, what kind of advertisements do you all think we will start seeing, and do you think it will compete with Mountain Dew?

Mello Yello Luver
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
My Advertising Slogan would be:

DRINK VAULT - JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

[ 09-14-2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
09-14-2005, 08:10 PM
I remember that when I used to have satellite TV, appeared an ad of Surge, there where two guys making an "eight" on a field with their car, watching a Surge can passing from one side of the car to another, the background music was "Rockafeller Skank" from Fat Boy Slim, and ended with the slogan: "Life's a scream", ... I remember another ad, where a guy returns from a grocery store with a lot of Surge bottles to a truck with their friends, and they make joke of him making the car marching and not letting him get into the truck.

[ 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Look In The Tunk
09-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ramón el Coca-Colero:
I remember that when I used to have satellite TV, appeared an ad of Surge, there where two guys making an "eight" on a field with their car, watching a Surge can passing from one side of the car to another, the background music was "Rockafeller Skank" from Fat Boy Slim, That was one of the final Surge ads, I think it was done in 2001 or 2002. I probably have it sitting on Daily Show tape or an episdoe of The Critic I recorded off of Comedy Central back then. (no, I can't get a copy of it up ******).

Mr Zabe
09-15-2005, 02:39 AM
I would like to see Cheryl Crow all cowboyed up, sing a good hearty song with the whole crowd (not a bar but a 200 seat joint). The on stage rowdies and the audience are sucking down 20oz bottles of Vault.

Towards the middle of her song, a rowdie runs out and hands her an ice cold Vault. She takes a nice swig and keeps sing. Her song ends with the phrase "Damn Good" as she give the bottle of Vault a wink.

This would be my new catch phase..."Vault is Damn Good."

That's my idea of a good appealing add campaign.
Zabe

[ 09-15-2005, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

BottleBoss
09-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Maybe they should play that Queen song in a comercial. You know, 'Another One Bites the Dust'. Because that is where Vault will probably go. It seems to gimmicky or whatever. They should promote what they have already.

Mr Zabe
09-15-2005, 08:34 AM
BottleBoss
Have you had your first dose of caffeine yet? LOL
A little competition never hurts. In the long run if Vault catches on it will pump up Dew sales as well.

Vault would attract first time drinkers in this category. Some will try Dew and become Due lovers.

[ 09-15-2005, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
09-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I would like to see Cheryl Crow all cowboyed up, sing a good hearty song with the whole crowd (not a bar but a 200 seat joint). The on stage rowdies and the audience are sucking down 20oz bottles of Vault.

Towards the middle of her song, a rowdie runs out and hands her an ice cold Vault. She takes a nice swig and keeps sing. Her song ends with the phrase "Damn Good" as she give the bottle of Vault a wink.

This would be my new catch phase..."Vault is Damn Good."

That's my idea of a good appealing add campaign.
Zabe Good idea!, but lets see if Lance Armstrong allows her to do the commercial... LOL

But IMO I would change the cowboy thing... seems like a beer commercial... LOL

[ 09-15-2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
09-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I think that the Vault ads will be similar as the Surge ads, maybe we'll see a lot of images of guys practicing extreme sports or something like that, the slogan says everything: "kicks like an energy drink", like in the Surge commercials or the Mt. Dew ads, in fact, the mexican Beat made enfasis in extreme scenes too...

One commercial showed a girl that runs to a Beat vending machine and is so close of giving a karate kick to the machine, until a Beat can goes out of it.

Another one that appeared in mexican TV: there was three guys in a truck entering into a tornado, a Beat vending machine appears flying into the tornado, the guy flies with the power of the wind and goes to the Beat machine, finally he comes back to the truck with a can of Beat. (Too much fantasy... huh?)

[ 09-15-2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Ok MrR
I thought of the Cheryl Crow commercial for a few reasons.

1. You are correct, right now Lance Armstrong is very popular in the US and by association Cheryl Crow is even more so in a spot light.

2 Country music has been growing in popularity and has a wide appeal. It has crossed over to main steam music. Most people do not associate Cheryl Crow with Country Music. Her albums have a mass appeal.

3. The Vault connection is that good fans of a great performer and hard working roadies love Vault for the "boost" and for it's good taste.

4. Vault is just not a new sport energized soda pop it is a tasty drink for the masses.

That was pretty much my way of thinking. If middle America does not embrace Vault than in my view, Vault will not be successful.

[ 09-15-2005, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

pepsidew
09-15-2005, 05:25 PM
http://www.savesurge.org/surge/kc_dew.jpg

ramonazo
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Ok MrR
I thought of the Cheryl Crow commercial for a few reasons.

1. You are correct, right now Lance Armstrong is very popular in the US and by association Cheryl Crow is even more so in a spot light.

2 Country music has been growing in popularity and has a wide appeal. It has crossed over to main steam music. Most people do not associate Cheryl Crow with Country Music. Her albums have a mass appeal.

3. The Vault connection is that good fans of a great performer and hard working roadies love Vault for the "boost" and for it's good taste.

4. Vault is just not a new sport energized soda pop it is a tasty drink for the masses.

That was pretty much my way of thinking. If middle America does not embrace Vault than in my view, Vault will not be successful. No doubt about it, the association of a product with a star is a good strategy for a product, ask Pepsi who had a lot of stars, recently in Mex appears in the ads the soccer player Rafa Marquez and musician Juanes (that also they appear in the labels here), and others that I don't want to mention because they make me sick (like the one that became a mother yesterday), ugh!.

BTW, did you know that Jon Bon Jovi appeared in a German Coca-Cola commercial in 2002?

[ 09-15-2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
This note will give us a little clear view of the next Vault ads:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/business/12483614.htm

[ 09-19-2005, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

CaffeineBoy
09-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
My Advertising Slogan would be:

DRINK VAULT - JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!!!! i think that's already Monster assault's slogan.. or something to that effect...