PDA

View Full Version : So is Vault selling well in my area or not?

David J.
05-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I was out for a nice drive today, and remembering that a place that sells nothing but beverages sold Vault cheap (two for a dollar), and every other store in my area has a limited supply of Vault, so I went in and they had Vault, but it was four for a dollar. However, it was all expired -- a date of April 24th, but still very good (I bought 24 20oz bottles for seven dollars). I even got the crate too. :D

Did every other store that sells it dump their inventory on this localy owned store? There was a lot a this store, like an entire cooler of it, with the same exp. date. Or maybe did the store order too much? Very curious.

pepsidew
05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
i have seen outdated 20oz in some of my grocery stores - and these are busy grocery stores. but it could be because coke loaded up the backrooms with vault thinking it was going to fly. they did the same thing when black cherry vanilla coke came out - i guess they can keep getting outdates for all i care smile.gif

fusion
05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
We won't talk about all the 20oz and 1L Pepsi Blue... lol.

David J.
05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, when I get my paycheck cashed, I'll spent my entertainment expenses and buy more! smile.gif

SURGE
05-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Hardly a surprise- I see a few post-daters around here as well but mostly in the stores that had mega displays. This is common since alot of those bottles were only a month shy of expiration when they hit shelves. Most bottlers/retailers had stock in the backroom for weeks prior to launch and even then we saw scarce numbers in some areas for awhile.

CStoreCatMan
05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
We won't talk about all the 20oz and 1L Pepsi Blue... lol. Difference is Pepsi didn't expect Blue to be big or compete with anything from Coke's CSD portfolio...

fusion
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, I thought we were just talking about finding outdated product in accounts.

Mello Yello Luver
05-16-2006, 03:15 AM
It seems to be selling really well around here. Regular is sold out everywhere. All I can find is Vault Zero.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I was in U.S. and I was drinking a bottle of Vault... but unfortunately it was just a dream I had last night (sigh) :(

Mr Zabe
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm living in the US and I'm dreaming of cane sugar glass bottles of Mexican Coca Cola. LOL

[ 05-16-2006, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Hollow Man
05-16-2006, 12:01 PM
It's doing well here, but it is on sale somewhere every week, which helps.

It cracks me up that pepsidew makes a point in posting in all of these threads, to put in his two cents on how it's not selling well. Have a Pepsi and relax man, it's all good!

-HM

Tri-Magnum
05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Vault is selling really good here ,and Regular Vault is usaly sold out!

bigrich
05-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Mello Yello is still "King" here. I believe Vault has really helped Mello here. I think it reminds consumers of how much Mello Yello tastes better. I see Mello now everywhere including vending.

pepsidew
05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Hollow Man:
It's doing well here, but it is on sale somewhere every week, which helps.

It cracks me up that pepsidew makes a point in posting in all of these threads, to put in his two cents on how it's not selling well. Have a Pepsi and relax man, it's all good!

-HM i'd say i was just talking smack but i'm honest when i say its doesnt seem to me to be selling well - but like i have said before i dont see the C-store sales either.

i'll drink a pepsi vanilla and relax smile.gif

SURGE
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Mello Yello is still "King" here. I believe Vault has really helped Mello here. I think it reminds consumers of how much Mello Yello tastes better. I see Mello now everywhere including vending. Are you sure that isnt just cleaning out all the stuff left sitting in the warehouse? I mean its quite likely they arn't dropping it entirely but I have yet to hear of any bottler who picked up VAULT who hasn't scaled back Yello atleast to some degree.

David J.
05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
I think Mello Yello is still being sold in my part of New York. I've seen fridgepacks at some of the grocery stores with exp. dates of December. But there are only three or four out at a time.

I haven't seen 20oz bottles in a while.

golee1
05-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bigrich:
Mello Yello is still "King" here. I believe Vault has really helped Mello here. I think it reminds consumers of how much Mello Yello tastes better. I see Mello now everywhere including vending. Are you sure that isnt just cleaning out all the stuff left sitting in the warehouse? I mean its quite likely they arn't dropping it entirely but I have yet to hear of any bottler who picked up VAULT who hasn't scaled back Yello atleast to some degree. </font>[/QUOTE]I was in Lexington VA today (Consolidated) and was suprised by how much Mello Yello is still around. 16.9 oz, 2 liters, 12 packs, and 20 ounce in Food Lion, Krogers, and Wal-Mart. The Food Lion actually had more facings for Mello Yello than for regular Vault. Yet go 30 miles north to Staunton (CCE), and Mello Yello is gone. They still have C2 also, and I was able to find Von Dutch.

David J.
05-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I hope Mello Yello doesn't go away from my area. It is truely refreshing and easy to drink. There's a few fridgepacks out at any grocery store at any given time so I am curious if it is no longer being produced or old stock.

One of the subways in town has it in their fountains, the last time I checked.

iluvsurge220
05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I agree. I drank Mello Yello over anything, and now that Vault is out I drink it more, but still a lot of mello yello. It has the best citrus taste of any citrus pop IMO.