PDA

View Full Version : i'm drinking my first ZERO right now...

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 07:11 AM
well, i finally stumbled onto some coca-cola zero at a midtown drugstore and...

it's definitely the best diet cola so far. the aftertaste is slight (but you almost have to TRY and taste it), and the cola taste is "stronger" than regular diet coke.

if regular coke classic is a 10 for flavor. i'd give C2 a 9 (yes, i like it). zero an 8. and regular diet coke a 6. that's quite an improvement.

i'm half-way through the bottle and... the aftertaste becomes less and less the more i drink (that's sort of what happened with C2 for me as well. now i barely taste any at all).

zero will definitely replace diet coke and dc w/ splenda in my refrigerator. not sure if it will replace C2 or not though. we'll see.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. the wait is finally over. smile.gif

The Interpreter
06-16-2005, 07:49 AM
YAAAY!!!!

The sad thing is, I doubt you will have any choice as to whether or not it will replace C2. My guess is within a year your choice between C2 and Coca-Cola Zero will be a default one, as I doubt the former will still be offered....

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-16-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm so proud of you, Empire Buddy.

But I noticed you had no mention of ice. Use ice, and I bet the score will go to 9.5

The Interpreter
06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
...and I, at least, think it is better in the cans.

Go figure!

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
I'm so proud of you, Empire Buddy.

But I noticed you had no mention of ice. Use ice, and I bet the score will go to 9.5 it's true... it's better over ice. but, still... there's no substitute for real sugar (or high fructose corn syrup, as the case may be. LOL).

sometimes you just want "the real thing." and, as good as zero is, i'm not ready to trade in my C2 yet.

still, zero is very good, and a noticeable improvement. it will definitely replace diet coke for me (when available)... and, maybe, someday, C2. we'll see. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 08:39 AM
i generally prefer cans over plastic bottles. bottled soda sometimes seems "flat" (maybe because it's exposed to sun light or something).

i'm drinking from my second 20 oz bottle... over ice. and it does taste a lot like C2... but there is a difference (no sugar). smile.gif

MATHA531
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
So let's see...is coke zero vanilla next?

Or how about caffeine free coke zero?

Or how about caffeine free coke zero vanilla with lemon?

And how about coke zero cherry?

And the list goes on and on!

[ 06-16-2005, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: MATHA531 ]

Mr Zabe
06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
ESB
You changed your picture and I almost freaked out.
(LOL...Just joking,)

Congrads....Your Coke Zero quest is finally over.
After a few more bottles/cans you will slowly forget C2 ever existed. LOL

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
ESB
You changed your picture and I almost freaked out.
(LOL...Just joking,)

Congrads....Your Coke Zero quest is finally over.
After a few more bottles/cans you will slowly forget C2 ever existed. LOL i changed my picture because someone else was using it. i wish they had a C2 avatar... b/c i'd use that.

Mr Zabe
06-16-2005, 12:59 PM
ESB
Ask around, there is a way that you can capture a Coke C2 picture and format it into an Advare image. Hey you should have the picture you want. smile.gif

[ 06-16-2005, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 01:47 PM
thanks Zabe. smile.gif

oh... i was just talking to some friends who have tried zero and diet coke with splenda. almost everyone agreed that both tasted better than regular diet coke... but they were mixed on which tasted better.

many used the word "smooth" to describe DCWS... and i'd agree... it's definitely the "smoothest" going down; BUT, to me, it doesn't have any flavor, and that's why Zero gets the thumbs up from me. it tastes more like cola. in fact, i think they could've even given it a little more cola taste. but i'm not gonna complain at this point. it's an improvement, so i'll take it.

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
ok. i just made a "rough" homemade coke zero avatar. i'll try to make a better one, or a c2 avatar later. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 02:12 PM
uh... i'm such a dork. i forgot to save the avatar, so it didn't "take." i think i did it right this time... so i guess i'll wait a few mins.

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 02:15 PM
ok. snapplevenom sent me a c2 avatar, so i'm gonna switch to that one now. and i'll put the coke zero one in my profile for the time being. brb. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 02:26 PM
ok. sorry to get "off topic"... but i wanted an original avatar picture. smile.gif

with the help of snapplevenom, i cropped the c2 logo off of a bottle, and voila! ;)

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Even though it's a little late...

When you change your avatar, every post you ever made also switches...

So you don't need to post to test your avatar...

tongue.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 04:10 PM
well, it seemed to only change in threads where i posted a new comment. and that my old avatar stayed in old threads without a new post. but... maybe i was just being impatient.

thanks again, dude. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 10:51 PM
i've got a 20 oz zero in my locker at work. so far, i haven't found it in 12 pack yet, but will keep looking.

right now, i'm drinking some diet cherry coke. i picked up a 1.5 liter bottle when i picked up a 12 pack of C2. the diet cherry is okay. if they sold it in 12 pack cans around here, i might buy it every now and then, but i don't think they do.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 12:48 AM
the more i drink Zero... the more it tastes like C2... and the more it tastes like Classic.

still, for the time being. i will keep buying C2 to "treat myself," but... if C2 were discontinued, there's a chance that Zero would replace, both, Diet Coke and Classic/C2 in my fridge.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 01:21 AM
well, i was just drinking Zero WITH FOOD for the first time (some baked Doritos) and... wow! what a difference. it tasted almost exactly like C2. the after taste was almost non-existent, but the sweetness was enhanced.

since i usually only drink C2 with food, there's a possibility that Zero may end up replacing C2 for me, down the road... as some predicted. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 04:16 AM
It is funny but eating food especially salty food does work real well with Coke Zero. I will say that in general salty food IMO makes soda pop taste good. But for a zero calorie soda pop, it does taste awesome. In a goofy way it's like having your cake and eating it too. LOL

Zero Coke On The Rocks....Rocks!!!!!!

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-17-2005, 08:13 AM
I think it's funny how Empire State Buddy keeps comparing Coke Zero to C2... he's the first hardcore C2 fan I've met. lol

I used to like C2, but the sugar+artificial sweetener combination got on my nerves.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
SEV
Well said!!!!!
Like you said the sugar with the artificial sweetener did not work for me. It felt like an assault on my taste buds. I had such high hopes that I would like it. :(

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 08:44 AM
yeah. i AM a C2 fan. and i try to get other people to try it. and they usually like it... but i don't think they really see a purpose for it.

for me, C2 is about 90% as good as coke classic.

and Zero is approaching 85%. it really is getting better the more i drink it. and... it definitely tastes better with food. but so does regular coke. smile.gif

MATHA531
06-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Of course, you should understand diabetics (my sister) should not drink C2 but I don't see a problem with zero.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM
the reason i like C2 is that... i can drink MORE of it... but get the same amount of calories.

one can of classic just isn't enough for a couple slices of NY-style pizza... so, now, i can have two cans (of C2)... and still get the same calories.

i love to eat... and i love coca-cola, so... it's a compromise i can live with. my guess is, this is a similar situation for other C2 fanatics. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 09:40 AM
NY style pizza....YUM!!!!!!

Are you buying a Pizza lunch for us today? LOL
(In cyber space anything is possible. LOL)

I have grown to like ice cold water with those high calorie meals. Cold water for me always hits the spot when I'm eating good greasy food. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:36 PM
it's probably better to drink water with those kinds of meals (since it might fill u up and help you eat less... and/or wash some of the fat away).

still... when i'm indulging... at a restaurant, or at home... i usually order a coca-cola... i just REALLY love the stuff.

but... if i order from mcdonald's (another small "addiction" of mine)... and bring it home... i order a large diet coke... but just save it for later... and have 2 cans of C2 instead... which would have about half the calories of a large coca-cola drink at McD's. (hey... every calorie counts!) ;)

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
ok. check out the KEWL Zero jpg i found on the net... i just posted it in my profile. i wonder if they're going to sell limited edition bottles like that. or if it's just a graphic.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
That's pretty cool.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah. i thought so too.

so far, though... i've seen no promotion or commercials for zero. has anyone else?