PDA

View Full Version : so... have you SWITCHED?

Empire State Buddy
06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
ok... now that most of us have tasted ZERO... and Diet Coke with Splenda... i'd like to find out how many of you have "switched" to a new drink.

for me, once Zero is in 12 pack cans, and readily available, it will totally replace Diet Coke (and/or Diet Coke w Splenda) for me.

and, as some of you know, C2 has already replaced Coke Classic since last year... in my fridge.

(note: you can also include Pepsi drinks in this thread if you've switched to or from them)

Mr Zabe
06-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I have switched to Coke Zero for diet Pepsi.
( I did have a can of DP with dinner tonight and it tasted real good. LOL I have 8 cans of DP left in the fridge.)

TaB
06-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I switched to TaB 4 months ago. (from classic)

Never looked back.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Fufu Leth:

Never looked back. TaB? Are you serious?!?

Where can you even find that stuff?!? LOL.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:55 AM
I'd like to keep a six pack of TaB in my fridge... just to see how people react to it. LOL.

I think I'd be embarrassed buying it though. Doesn't it still come in a PINK can? smile.gif

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 04:03 AM
LOL

(Just a joke, I did drink TAB for a few years as a kid. LOL)

TAB = Totally A$S Brewed

I have never herd of a person as of recent, that still drinks TAB and or just started to drink TAB LOL

Just shows you different soda pops for different folks. smile.gif

[ 06-17-2005, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

BottleBoss
06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
They taste bad, It's just a different type of bad than the old diets.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Never again will I buy a diet cola other than Coke Zero.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Never again will I buy a diet cola other than Coke Zero. wow! that's a stong statement!

but, i agree... if there's a choice... it's zero.

hmm. that might be a good slogan. smile.gif

anyway... as for TaB... yeah... i tried it a couple years ago... because i was curious, and... dang! it was AW-FUL-PENDOUS! :eek: u'd have to REALLY want to be SKINNY to drink that swill. LOL. plus, there was the whole problem with trying to hide the pink can... smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
They taste bad, It's just a different type of bad than the old diets. it's "evil in a can." LOL.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Do any of you drink beer?
I did in college. LOL

We had a funny way of drinking. We would buy a few premium six packs to start off our partying and then we would switch to the cheaper beer. At some point we got so happy (drunk) that the taste of the beer was not as important. LOL (We were poor.LOL)

I have switched to Coke Zero, but as a soda pop freak, I will still keep some of my A list and even a few of my B list favorites in my fridge. I guess what I'm saying is that I need a variety of soda pops in order to stay happy. (I gave up beer many moon's ago. LOL)

[ 06-17-2005, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Again with the can color, ESB...

What if C2 was pink?

Yes, I'll never again buy a diet cola if it's not Coke Zero... but that's only cola.

There are several other diet sodas I enjoy that aren't colas, such as Diet 7-up, Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, and maybe a few others.

jmyjunk
06-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Ehh. I do enjoy Coke Zero more so than Diet Coke and Diet Coke with Splenda (It gives me a headache) I think I still love my Vanilla Coke as my number one soda, and as my everyday soda coke classic.

Look In The Tunk
06-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Never looked back. This is my kind of person! :D

Look In The Tunk
06-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fufu Leth:
[qb] I switched to TaB 4 months ago. (from classic)

Never looked back. This is my kind of person! :D

----

I still like my diet cokes (reg. , cherry, vanilla, the 40-someting cans of lemon I still have). I don't like any kind of Diet Pepsi though. I love me some diet A&W though.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
Again with the can color, ESB...

What if C2 was pink? i'd secretly pour it into coke classic cans, of course. ;) LOL.

just kidding... i'm not sure what i'd do.

it's funny u mention that though. i was just telling a friend how i was drinking "fresca" for the first time... and how i thought it was "the g*yest thing"... and that even though i liked it... i'd be afraid to drink it in public... cuz it's a girl's drink.

and, he was like, "so what. who care's what people think!"

good point, i guess.

and... i didn't mean to offend anyone by that story... i'm just being honest in saying that i felt a little weird buying it. (shrugs)

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:20 PM
wow. i really like fresca. LOL. how ironic.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 03:23 PM
My friend drinking a soft drink of any kind in public means never having to care what others think. smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:24 PM
fine. fine.

but... let's just say i'm happy that i hate the taste of TaB, okay? ;)

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Fresca is a great summer soda pop.
It refreshing and has a nice citrus kick to it.
I like the after taste. LOL

[ 06-17-2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
You can hate the taste of tab all you want. :eek:

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 03:33 PM
i don't really taste an after taste with fresca. except for the "grapefruit" one... but... for some reason, it works.

i'm sure as i kid i would've hated this stuff though. LOL.

mjb1124
06-17-2005, 04:12 PM
This drink essentially "replaces" Coke Classic, C2, regular Diet Coke, and Diet Coke w/ Splenda all at once for me. I'm also probably going be drinking the flavored diet colas less often now.

I just hope Zero is going to start showing up in fountains, so I don't have to choose either Classic or Diet Coke (or a mix of both) anymore. I also hope they make a caffeine free version.

Empire State Buddy
06-17-2005, 05:35 PM
it definitely replaces Diet Coke for me (once fully available).

but... i don't think it's going to be available at fountains anytime soon. which will kind of suck.

a caffeine free version would be GREAT. but that will only happen if Zero takes off. right now... i don't think many people even know it exists...

[ 06-17-2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

mjb1124
06-17-2005, 09:09 PM
On the subject of being embarassed to drink certain things...I feel no shame about drinking Fresca, however, I admit to have been embarassed to be drinking 7UP Plus. Of course, I don't like the stuff much anyway.

Back on the subject of Coke Zero...I was in my local Rite Aid today. In the Coke cooler, there was a row divided between Coke Zero and Diet Coke w/ Splenda, but there was no regular Diet Coke. That's sure to confuse consumers.

Mr Zabe
06-17-2005, 09:34 PM
You know, you raise a good point.
I have been in 4 or 5 same (Jewel and Dominick's)
grocery stores. Maybe 4 or 5 each and a mega store in Wisconsin.

There was not even a similar merchandising plan from same store to same store. As well Coke with splenda was haphazardly cut in and about the main Coke Zero front and center display. No POP (point of purchase) display pieces for Diet Coke with splenda were to be found on the big display pieces either.

I knew what I was looking for so finding Coke Zero was not so hard. I wonder how confused everyone else would be? My gut tells me that this Coke Zero roll out was managed by the take your child to work program. LOL

[ 06-17-2005, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 02:10 AM
LOL!

yeah, i haven't seen any commercials or promotion or ANYTHING. it's just like... suddenly, there it is in the cooler... next to diet coke with splenda.

[ 06-18-2005, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

TaB
06-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Hm... Nobody has ever bothered me about the colour of the cans.

It's quite easy to find in Northern Illinois, Indianda, and Ohio.

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 05:26 PM
well, clearly the color of the can/packaging is important to a lot of people... b/c they put a lot of research into it.

research showed that young males liked white cans with red and black logo... and that's why Zero is that way.

i'm guessing that TaB was put in a pink can to appeal to women... of that time (the 70s?).

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-19-2005, 07:11 AM
I was at an outdoor concert the other night, and they had a promotional Coke machine that was competely stocked with C2!

Woohoo! :D

PepsiBlue
06-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I bought 7up Plus and I didnt care it was pink

but anyways Coke Zero is good!

TaB
06-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know if there is still TaB in other countries? (I want glass bottles)

Empire State Buddy
06-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is still TaB in other countries? (I want glass bottles) i'm still surprised that TaB is sold at all. i mean, who's drinking that stuff? the volume can't be that high... so why doesn't coke just cancel it?

Mr Zabe
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
LOL
The CEO and board of directors of Coca Cola are taking TAB shots off the board room table. LOL
Each production/product development meeting, the board gets TAB'ed and gives the "pink" buzz bait drink their royal vote for a few more production runs. LMAO

[ 06-20-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fufu Leth:
Does anyone know if there is still TaB in other countries? (I want glass bottles) i'm still surprised that TaB is sold at all. i mean, who's drinking that stuff? the volume can't be that high... so why doesn't coke just cancel it? </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think Anita (TheConnieVandelayShow) is going to appreciate that comment very much. ;)

I've actually never had TaB...I think I'm gonna pick some up just to see what the fuss is about.

EnergyKing
06-20-2005, 07:14 PM
I live in Oregon and my girlfriend buys TAB every now and then, its not bad.

TaB
06-20-2005, 09:46 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fufu Leth:
Does anyone know if there is still TaB in other countries? (I want glass bottles) i'm still surprised that TaB is sold at all. i mean, who's drinking that stuff? the volume can't be that high... so why doesn't coke just cancel it? </font>[/QUOTE]Sales are consistent. That's why.

(The CEO also loves the stuff. smile.gif )

I think, if done properly, it could be positioned as the "alternative" cola.

Empire State Buddy
06-20-2005, 11:12 PM
what sweetener is in TaB? is it still saccharin?

Mr Zabe
06-20-2005, 11:29 PM
I beleive a number of years ago, Tab was changed over to Aspartame????

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 03:42 AM
i'm curious how it tastes then. i believe i tried it once, a long time ago... and it still had saccharin in it.

maybe coke should give TaB a makeover. sweeten it with splenda, and aim it at women. after all, coke zero is aimed at men. still, maybe that would take too big a bit out of diet coke's sales.

The Interpreter
06-21-2005, 06:54 AM
TaB is sweetened with a blend of aspartame and saccharin.

http://home.epix.net/~tjwagner/tab.html

The Interpreter
06-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Also, TaB has a VERY loyal following and NO ONE else drinks it. Putting Splenda in TaB would be its death sentence. It'd be about as inane as was the TaB Clear a few years back, which gracefully plopped.

Why must you guys think Splenda goes great in anything and everything? Next you will be wanting to put it in the dog's food! smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I do like a good cola...

I suppose I should try TaB, then.

I don't know if I've ever had it. If I have, it's been quite a while.

But here's my point: If I make the decision to find TaB, there's a good chance that I won't be able to find it anywhere.

Its distribution is very irregular, mainly because of the aforementioned pockets of hardcore drinkers.

Dang it.

TaB
06-21-2005, 08:36 AM
what sweetener is in TaB? is it still saccharin? A mix of calcium saccharin and aspartame.

TaB is NOT a women's drink. It's a diet drink. Considering sales are split 50/50 now, I'd hesitate to do such a marketing push.

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 02:36 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
what sweetener is in TaB? is it still saccharin? A mix of calcium saccharin and aspartame.

TaB is NOT a women's drink. It's a diet drink. Considering sales are split 50/50 now, I'd hesitate to do such a marketing push. </font>[/QUOTE]then they'd have to change the color of the can. because a lot of the guys i know... even if they were willing to drink "diet" soda... would NOT drink it from a pink can. i know it sounds silly. but it's true.

TaB has "retro" appeal though... to a lot of baby boomers (mostly female)who were the first to drink "diet" sodas. Reintroducing TaB, with a new taste, etc. might just work.

still, i doubt they'll do it. not with diet coke(s) doing so well, and coke zero aimed at men. that's already 3.

TaB
06-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Well... It's not even really -pink-.