PDA

View Full Version : Warning(Sobe Superman)

fitz54
05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
i recently bought a sobe superman energy drink..and an hr later after drinking (kinda dehydrated)...i began to loose all functions of my body and went into almost seizure like convlusions. scariest thing in my entire life so i personally would not recomend this drink to ne one.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-15-2006, 05:21 PM
holy damn, if that is true, thats freaky! i had one a couple weeks ago and it did not cause that in me, maybe you are sensitive to the ingrediants in it...

fitz54
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM
its completly true....ive never had a problem with ne other energy drink...and it most likely was from the caffine amount in the drink and going out drinking the night before being dehydrated....but i wanted to let people know so they dont have the same problem

Mr Zabe
05-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Do you take any RX drugs?
Had that been your first liquid of the day?
Was your stomach empty?

I think your right,just curious. There should be a warning "do not drink on an empty stomach and drink water before drinking Sobe Superman."

I'm glad your ok!

fusion
05-15-2006, 05:32 PM
So it's your fault, not the drink's fault.

Next time, try water.

CStoreCatMan
05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
There should be a warning "do not drink on an empty stomach and drink water before drinking Sobe Superman."

I'm glad your ok! First...glad he's okay. However, I don't know how much of it was the "Sobe Superman" e-drink as opposed to the night of drinking, being dehydrated, etc. More than likely, it was a combination of many things that led to his body's reaction and not this one particular beverage. Always drink water WHILE you're out drinking and before going to bed! It helps A LOT!!!

fitz54
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
yeah im not blaming it entirely on the drink...def a combo of different things ...just didnt want people to make the same mistake.....im ok thankfully....thanks everyone

greg
05-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Well if you're not completely blaming it on the drink then why make this post? That is irresponsible in my view.
Energy drinks by nature are dehydrating. If you were already dehydrated why did you drink an energy drink?

Have you seen a Doctor since this episode? If so has he ran any test for certain deficiencies or other anomalies?
I'm glad you are OK but with your admission of drinking the night before I think you really need to look to your self for your situation and not blame it on SOBE Superman. You could have 2 cups of coffe and had the same reaction.

pepsidew
05-17-2006, 03:28 PM
thats why i wont ever drink a redbull vodka - hope you're okay now - i cant drink enough water the day after a night of drinking but to drink an energy drink the next day - thats crazy

Doug
05-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Superman doesn't have THAT much caffeine..Hell, drinking 2 cans of Vault will give you about the same amount of caffeine

DJ HawaiianShirt
05-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Has anyone tried Superman, anyway? It doesn't take much to stay away from that drink, unless you like cherry cough syrup.

popologist
05-17-2006, 11:54 PM
i didn't know that energy drinks caused dehydration (i would've thought just the opposite).

also, my home cure for hangovers is to drink a gatorade/powerade BEFORE you go out, and one AFTER you're all done. and it's also good to drink some water while boozing as well.

that combination usually kept my hangovers at bay.

greg
05-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by popologist:
i didn't know that energy drinks caused dehydration (i would've thought just the opposite).

Caffiene is a Vaso Cosntrictor. This means that it constricts the blood vessels. When this is done the Heart has to work harder to pump Blood through your sytem resulting in a higher heart beat. Consequently the harder the body and heart have to work the more the water in your body is used for cooling and oxygenation of the blood at the cellular level. Stack this on top of the dehydrating efects of the Alcohol and you will have negative reactions.

Hacksaw
05-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Caffeine will also dehydrate you by stimulating the kidneys.

I would think taking an energy drink when you have a hangover could cause some real bad headache & dehydration problems.