PDA

View Full Version : coke and pepsi at superbowl?

popologist
02-03-2007, 09:57 AM
are both, coke and pepsi, at the superbowl this year? and do any of the coke ads include the re-launch of coke zero? just wondered.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-04-2007, 12:22 AM
According to some news releases I readed, Pepsi will launch several commercials releasing their new marketing platform featuring the Pepsi globe as the main character of the ads, and also will be aired some Sierra Mist commercials during the Super Bowl, while Coca-Cola returns after nine years of not being advertised on the Super Bowl, and returns with the "Happiness Factory" and "Video Game" ads, (if you want to see them you will see a lot of posts of these ads on YouTube) and also will be aired a third commercial that has been made for this event and has been kept in secret...

And talking about Coke ads, do you know where I can see the "Timeline" commercial?, I'm searching it like crazy!

[ 02-03-2007, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

popologist
02-04-2007, 08:36 AM
yay! coke is back at the superbowl.

now... if only they could make a commercial as entertaining as pepsi.

as for the "mystery commercial"... i hope it's for coke zero. smile.gif or maybe it will be for diet coke PLUS...

Mr Zabe
02-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe the re-launch of Coke Blac....ROTFL,LMAO smile.gif

da987
02-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Ramon, Which timeline Coke ad are you refering to?

popologist
02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Maybe the re-launch of Coke Blac....ROTFL,LMAO smile.gif ha ha ha ha ha ha!

was there an initial launch?!? ;)

Cherry7Up
02-05-2007, 12:12 AM
So I saw both of the Coke ads, but must have missed the "secret" third. What was it?

Mr Zabe
02-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Funny, at the 2nd half two minute warning they announced the premier of the winning commercial.LOL,either I was over gassed on Pepsi or I just spaced out....I did not see it. LOL

I must say,over all the TV adds and the half time show really were below par. Actually I thought Prince's show sucked. :( {The goofy 70's flashback black garbed "go go" dancers nearly caused me to PIMP (piss in my pants) with belly laughs.}

[ 02-05-2007, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Red Sox fan
02-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Thought Cokes "video game" ad was the best Ad of the Superbowl...

Found it to be refreshingly positive. Great ad!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by da987:
Ramon, Which timeline Coke ad are you refering to? This one, finally I found it on the SuperVote section at YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgR92otjoUk

It's cool! I like specially the background blues music!

And I love the "Happiness Factory" and "Videogame" ads, really cool too!

SURGE
02-12-2007, 11:59 PM
The video game ad was really great and seems is pretty highly rated on the sites that track Bowl ads. One of my biggest complaints about Coke has been that their marketing is terrible and never as memorable as Pepsi's this year though they did a far better job than the mostly lame Sierra Mist ads which are usually pretty clever. Bravo!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SURGE:
The video game ad was really great and seems is pretty highly rated on the sites that track Bowl ads. One of my biggest complaints about Coke has been that their marketing is terrible and never as memorable as Pepsi's this year though they did a far better job than the mostly lame Sierra Mist ads which are usually pretty clever. Bravo! I'm completely agree with you... in this Super Bowl commercials, Coca-Cola won the tournament... IMO the Sierra Mist ads were not good, even SNL's Tracy Morgan couldn't save the Sierra Mist commercial, the four Coke ads are awesome!... and definetely the "Coke side of life" campaign is a big hit worldwide... everytime I search for Coke pics at flickr, I see a lot of "Coke side of life" billboard photos... and a lot of posts of the "Happiness Factory" and "Video Game" ads at YouTube... Definetely Coca-Cola and Wieden+Kennedy (the ad agency) make a good couple!

[ 02-13-2007, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]