PDA

View Full Version : Storm

Doug
05-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Probably never a very popular drink, but I used to love this stuff. Do they still make it in any region?

fusion
05-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Nope. Long gone. It was dumped to make way for Sierra Mist.

It was only test marketed in certain areas. Pepsi Pennsauken NJ was one of the test bottlers.

Doug
05-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I loved that stuff, R.I.P. Storm

BATBL18
05-18-2006, 07:50 PM
If you search there are a few other topics that are fairly recent in the past 6 months about Storm.

From 1/20/06:
Well before they even brought out Sierra Mist as their lemon-lime soda, they tested Storm.

For everyone who doesn't know...Storm was a soda test-marketed by Pepsi introduced in 1998 in select test markets(much like Vault). Storm however was never released nationwide and quickly went away. Storm was a Caffeinated Lemon-Lime soda. So think 7-Up's dNL without the fruit flavoring. A caffeniated lemon-lime is a rare combination, so that could have contributed to its failure. Eventually Pepsi then developed and tested the current lemon-lime on the market, Sierra Mist.
There was also a diet version called Storm Light.

It was known to be test marketed in: Colorado (Denver/Colorado Springs), California, Indiana (Indianapolis), Philadelphia, PA, Omaha, NE, and Southern New Jersey.

Pictures:
Regular: http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcstorm.JPG
Diet: http://www.usasoda.com/images/pcdstorm.JPG

Doug
05-18-2006, 08:05 PM
those links don't work...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
it was also tested in janesville wisconsin, both in cans, bottles, and fountain at taco bell

Look In The Tunk
05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Usasoda.com has been under repair for a while, so all the pics on the site don't work.

chuncken
05-18-2006, 09:36 PM
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/davide.andreani/collezione/serie/Altre/storm.jpg

There's a picture of a Storm can. Looks like it is from the Star Wars, Ep. 1 promo from 1999.

BATBL18
05-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Some Storm links:
http://www.beverage-digest.com/editorial/970327.html

http://www.beverage-digest.com/editorial/980306.html

Now some working pictures:

A pin I found on this website thats being sold for $3: http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/sherrysantiques/items/440116/catphoto.jpg

Storm Regular, Storm Light, Jar Jar Binks Storm, and Qui-Gon Jinn Storm:
http://static.flickr.com/54/149080882_cc94f61b18.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/44/149080883_23598637c2.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/56/149080884_ae43fd1231.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/51/149080886_8f68aea759.jpg

BATBL18
05-18-2006, 11:41 PM
By the pin it says caffeine free for the fountain. That's really cool. Was caffeine free the only fountain form? I can imagine because Sprite and 7-Up were both caffeine free that many did not want Storm because of the caffeine.

[ 05-18-2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: BATBL18 ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
05-18-2006, 11:44 PM
i remember how my ex girlfreind complained how storm in stores wasnt caffeine free, but the fountain was...

BATBL18
05-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
i remember how my ex girlfreind complained how storm in stores wasnt caffeine free, but the fountain was... ...And that's why she's your ex... tongue.gif ;)

killjimmy
05-20-2006, 04:47 AM
wow, i barely remember that and am pretty sure i never would have thought of it again unless someone else mentioned it. i'm pretty sure i recall having some of those star wars cans, i think i was in around 5th grade.

Doug
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by killjimmy:
wow, i barely remember that and am pretty sure i never would have thought of it again unless someone else mentioned it. i'm pretty sure i recall having some of those star wars cans, i think i was in around 5th grade. It was about the same time for me, I remember I was in Senior Little League when it came out (11-13 yo)

SURGE
05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Storm was a really cool concept and not a bad product-far better than Mist- too bad it didnt fare better.

chuncken
05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
I also remember those cans from when I was in Fifth or Sixth Grade... ironic that we are all about the same age.

And SURGE, it was better than Sierra Mist? Becuase Sierra Mist is prety good. How so? (Just curious, becuase when Sierra Mist came out, my friends and I were excited to have something that was way better than Sprite.)

the saint
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by chuncken:
I also remember those cans from when I was in Fifth or Sixth Grade... ironic that we are all about the same age.

And SURGE, it was better than Sierra Mist? Becuase Sierra Mist is prety good. How so? (Just curious, becuase when Sierra Mist came out, my friends and I were excited to have something that was way better than Sprite.) how can you possibly think that mist is any good??? don't you know the ramifications of thinking this??? it is from Pepsi so it is bad, it must never be spoken good about, EVER.

SURGE
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Um..... I think I just praised Storm (along with most on this post). I think the fact that SM has been reformulated 4 times in like 5 years pretty much makes the point better than I. Sure some people like it, some people like TaB Energy too- I stand by the fact that Missed is of Shasta quality on not on par with its competition, Storm, or Slice.

I really wish that you Saint would try and keep an open mind, because your claims are really just out there in the above post and seem based on nothing in this topic at all.

Doug
06-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by chuncken:

And SURGE, it was better than Sierra Mist? Becuase Sierra Mist is prety good. How so? (Just curious, becuase when Sierra Mist came out, my friends and I were excited to have something that was way better than Sprite.) It was basically Sierra Mist with caffeine, with a little more Mountain Dew-citrusy taste to it

wonkapete
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Well, since we are looking at the old drink's packaging, here's one of my bottles... since a bottle hasn't been shown...

http://static.flickr.com/57/160912477_112594cfb0.jpg?v=0

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
i was just in a gas station yesterday, and i looked at the pepsi thing that was holding a bunch of 2 liter bottles, and i noticed that part of the stickers of pepsi logos were coming off, and underneath were storm logos...

CStoreCatMan
06-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Um..... I think I just praised Storm (along with most on this post). I think the fact that SM has been reformulated 4 times in like 5 years pretty much makes the point better than I. Sierra Mist has had a few package changes...not to be confused with formula changes. Diet Sierra Mist became Sierra Mist Free in 2004/2005...that's about it. I haven't been able to find actual information on Mist having "several" formula changes as you claim. Your signature tells us all we need to know when listening to your "opinion" of Sierra Mist...

Doug
06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't think the formula was ever changed after Storm was converted into Sierra Mist, though I thought Storm tasted better...

the saint
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Um..... I think I just praised Storm (along with most on this post). I think the fact that SM has been reformulated 4 times in like 5 years pretty much makes the point better than I. Sure some people like it, some people like TaB Energy too- I stand by the fact that Missed is of Shasta quality on not on par with its competition, Storm, or Slice.

I really wish that you Saint would try and keep an open mind, because your claims are really just out there in the above post and seem based on nothing in this topic at all. UM....I really wish that you Surge would try and keep an open mind because your claims are really just out there in the above post and seem based on nothing but label changes.
My post was sarcasm obviously you didn't get it. Your claims are based on your hatred for a soda company, regardless of which soda we are talking about. As far as formula changes yes it was changed one time about 1 year after it came out. The other 3 were logo/label changes.
Before you mention ALL of you claims of unbiased opinions Yes, you gave great reviews of Josta and Storm. It must be something about you to liking products that pretty much no one else did since all of them were discontinued including your namesake.

[ 06-06-2006, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

SURGE
06-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SURGE:

I really wish that you Saint would try and keep an open mind, because your claims are really just out there in the above post and seem based on nothing in this topic at all. UM....I really wish that you Surge would try and keep an open mind because your claims are really just out there in the above post and seem based on nothing but label changes.
My post was sarcasm obviously you didn't get it. Your claims are based on your hatred for a soda company, regardless of which soda we are talking about. As far as formula changes yes it was changed one time about 1 year after it came out. The other 3 were logo/label changes.
Before you mention ALL of you claims of unbiased opinions Yes, you gave great reviews of Josta and Storm. It must be something about you to liking products that pretty much no one else did since all of them were discontinued including your namesake. </font>[/QUOTE]Other brands I have credited as really good: Diet Pepsi, Pepsi (cane sugar version esp.), Kas, Amp, Slice,Holiday Spice, SoBe, nor do I dislike Gatorade,H MDX, or even Dew. Just to name a few- yeah sure I hate Mist, and I prefer VAULT over Dew. But I would take a cane sugar Pepsi over a HFCS Coke any day of the week, or a fountain Diet Pepsi over a Diet Coke, or an Amp over a Von Dutch (yuck), TaB-E (double yuck), or a Fury, or Rockstar (get the point?). I'm not some paid shill who comes on here to pump up his product. I'm also not going to be afraid to say what I have to say. If I'm wrong sometimes that happens. Its not like I don't expect to be corrected on a board with such knowledgable people including yourself. Is there maybe a tad of a Coke-leaning on this board? Sure, but I have never seen such a bunch of whining from such a well represented slight minority. You would have us believe that everybody on here is a foaming at the mouth raving Coke-fan boy. This is hardly true and don't pretend it is. Every time a conversation on a brand comes up you have to make it Coke Vs. Pepsi thing and that is just really sad considering the insight that could (and sometimes do) provide to the discussion.

Acheron
06-07-2006, 07:04 AM
They had the SW:EP1 Storm cans at this grocery store in this teeny, little town in central Wisconsin back when. I lived about 20 miles away, in a bigger town and never saw it.

[ 06-07-2006, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Acheron ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
what town was that?

we had it here in janesville

the saint
06-07-2006, 07:25 PM
whatever avery...you win.

Croc
06-08-2006, 03:54 AM
Storm tasted almost exactly like Vault...with Vault's success Pepsi should bring Storm back...

the saint
06-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Croc:
Storm tasted almost exactly like Vault...with Vault's success Pepsi should bring Storm back... How is that possible?? Storm was a lemon lime soda much like 7up/sprite/mist and Vault is a citrus drink much like dew/sundrop/surge/mello yello.

.:.[S.H.C.].:.
06-08-2006, 10:40 AM
i wasnt around to taste storm... :(

Acheron
06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
what town was that?

we had it here in janesville Montello

And it tasted nothing like Vault.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
montello... yes, they are really small... and no, definetly not vault

Doug
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Croc:
Storm tasted almost exactly like Vault...with Vault's success Pepsi should bring Storm back... It was about 3/4 Sierra Mist and 1/4 Dew

wonkapete
09-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Here's some Storm.. all full....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l33/wonkapete/018-2.jpg