PDA

View Full Version : WHOA! is anyone else getting a "buzz" from Zero?

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 04:03 AM
yesterday at work... i had a couple zeros and... whoa... i had a major caffeine buzz. like... i felt jittery and a little dizzy.

tonight, i've just had one (20 oz)... that i've been drinking for about an hour and a half and... whoa... again... a slight buzz (though not as strong as yesterday).

is there more caffeine in it?

i've noticed that caffeine seems to effect me more in diet drinks in the past. does anyone know why that might be?

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 04:56 AM
LOL
I said the very same thing in a thread I started last week. (I changed the name of the thread to something about on the rocks. LOL)

Yes I too am getting a good buzz after drinking a 12 and or a 20oz size Coke Zero. It is the strangest feeling as it sort of sneaks up on me and then within a few minutes it starts to feel(as Emeral says) HAPPY. LOL It lasts for a good 30 minutes. I wonder if we are just odd balls or if this is a real problem.

I mean the amount of caffeine soda pop that you and I drink....we do not get buzzed so easily????

[ 06-18-2005, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 07:06 AM
yeah. i work nights. so i drink caffeine all night long (green tea & diet coke)... so, one bottle of zero shouldn't make me feel like i'm on speed. LOL.

could it be the ace-k? i mean, i don't really drink other drinks with ace-k in it... so maybe that's it...

[ 06-18-2005, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Empire State Buddy ]

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Your very well could be right. LOL

XLS_04
06-18-2005, 09:25 AM
ok you people are getting a little too obsessed with this coke zero lol.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 10:49 AM
LOL
Coke Zero is the best thing since ice cream and apple pie. LOL

We are still in the early stages of learning all the ins and outs of a new generation soda pop that we find intriguing. LOL After all we are soda pop freaks. LOL

[ 06-18-2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
ok you people are getting a little too obsessed with this coke zero lol. i wonder if i can get it through intravenus while i sleep... ;)

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 11:29 AM
ESB.....LMAO ROTFL

XLS_04
06-18-2005, 01:53 PM
what i meant was people make a big deal when coke comes out with something when all they really did was copy pepsi one, the same thing happened when C2 came out.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 04:30 PM
True...but Pepsi nor any other brand of soda pop has yet to develope a no calorie soda pop that tastes nearly like it's flag ship soda pop; with using the old school sweetener aspartame.

So yes we are excited not because it's a Coke product but because it is a new innovative product that has our keen attention.

[ 06-18-2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Empire State Buddy
06-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
what i meant was people make a big deal when coke comes out with something when all they really did was copy pepsi one, the same thing happened when C2 came out. that's only partly true. i mean, yes, pepsi released Edge before Coke released C2... but it was only a matter of weeks... which means, coke already had developed C2 long before that, as did pepsi.

the same goes for pepsi one and zero, and the lemon and lime drinks. those things had probably been tested many years ago... but were only released recently.

anyway, to address the "excitement" about Zero...

i just happen to like it. i was never very happy with diet coke. and, to me, the splenda version just didn't have much "kick." but, zero, to me, tastes pretty good... considering it has no calories.

trust me, if it was awful, i'd be bashing it just as bad. smile.gif

BottleBoss
06-18-2005, 10:23 PM
I spat it out and dumped the rest of the bottle out before I could drink enough to get a buzz.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Anecdotal evidence can be a real B!tch. LOL

I like ketchup with salami and eggs. LOL
You might find that gross.
One man's feast could be another man's barf starter. LOL

TaB
06-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Uh... Pepsi Edge was copied off C2 in development - It was just released into the market first. -_-;;

The Interpreter
06-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Pepsi Edge may have been the first to the market, it it is also the first to be gone. C2 is probably not long behind it. Both products answered needs consumers neither knew they had nor even had....

Empire State Buddy
06-20-2005, 12:30 PM
well, i don't understand why coke keeps a product like TaB, which can't possibly sell as much as C2... and, yet, will cancel C2.

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-20-2005, 08:08 PM
I think cos TaB has a definite market niche, while C2 does not.

I think that there is no need for DC, DCswS, and Coke Zero. I mean...I think they need to ditch DC, as after drinking swS and Zero, I can really tell if I have a can of DC and end up throwing it out. i think that maybe (key word) DCswS and CZ can hold the market together, but maybe DC (entire brand) can be phased out to CZ...as CZ tastes like coke, etc.

TaB
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Empire State Buddy:
well, i don't understand why coke keeps a product like TaB, which can't possibly sell as much as C2... and, yet, will cancel C2. Die-hard fans who are giving it steady, profitable sales with no advertising.

The Interpreter
06-20-2005, 09:46 PM
...which is the SAME reason the current Diet Coke will NOT be reformulated, will NOT be discontinued and will continue to sell in large volumes to the faithful.

To some extent, this is an age thing. Coca-Cola Zero is aimed at the young. The older people who drink diet colas aren't about to change, and don't want Coke messing with Diet Coke, for the most part.

Empire State Buddy
06-20-2005, 10:05 PM
wouldn't those 5 TaB drinkers just most likely move to diet coke though? LOL.

ecliptic
06-21-2005, 02:41 AM
I don't know why people think C2 is being canceled. It's still alive and kicking here in Ohio and the bottler says they had no plans to ever cancel it. Sales are too good.

Plus IMO, C2 > all other colas.

Also on the note of Diet Coke with Splenda and Diet Coke. My local Krogers can't even keep some on the shelf long enough before its sold. They can't seem to push regular Diet Coke anymore.

Oh and Coke Zero just got here in 2-liters. smile.gif

[ 06-21-2005, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by ecliptic:
I don't know why people think C2 is being canceled. It's still alive and kicking here in Ohio and the bottler says they had no plans to ever cancel it. Sales are too good.

Plus IMO, C2 > all other colas.

Also on the note of Diet Coke with Splenda and Diet Coke. My local Krogers can't even keep some on the shelf long enough before its sold. They can't seem to push regular Diet Coke anymore.

Oh and Coke Zero just got here in 2-liters. smile.gif thanks for the GOOD news on C2, ecliptic! i'm a C2 fan, and hope it sticks around. smile.gif

as for diet coke w/ splenda... i'm not surprised it's selling so well. it simply tastes better than regular diet coke. eventually, it will probably replace diet coke altogether... and coke zero will be coke's aspartame diet drink (which i think tastes better than diet coke w/ splenda). ;)

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 03:31 AM
also, coke needs to do some research into areas where C2 is selling well, and then aim it's commercials at those same types of consumers in other markets.

Mr Zabe
06-21-2005, 04:32 AM
ESB,
Those "niche" Coke C2 markets are for all practical (statistical) reasons not even a minor blip on Coke's regional or national sales radar.

If Coke C2 were more appealing of a product, by now with the major roll out and national media campaigns; Coke C2 would have caught on by now.

(I recall that for a good two months both in
print,TV,radio and in store marketing/promotions,
Coke C2 was in my face every day.)

Bottom line the public sp@ke and Coke C2 just did not please the consumer's sensative taste for a hybread sweetened Coke soda pop.

[ 06-21-2005, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

The Interpreter
06-21-2005, 07:00 AM
I somewhat disagree. C2 did please consumers' sensitive taste for a hybrid sweetened Coke soda pop. The problem was that only about six people wanted such a thing. Metaphorically speaking.

And even some of them are now drinking Coke Zero instead. Witness even our own Empire State Buddy.

Mr Zabe
06-21-2005, 08:06 AM
OK...it's kind of like.....

Coke invented the egg before it invented the chicken????

I get your point... smile.gif

Empire State Buddy
06-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by The Interpreter:
I somewhat disagree. C2 did please consumers' sensitive taste for a hybrid sweetened Coke soda pop. The problem was that only about six people wanted such a thing. Metaphorically speaking.

And even some of them are now drinking Coke Zero instead. Witness even our own Empire State Buddy. well, i haven't turned my back on C2 yet.

for now, zero is just replacing diet coke for me.

if C2 were cancelled, i'd most likely go back to buying (less) coke classic (since it has more calories) and/or mixing zero with classic (which could become tiresome).

if zero were offered at fountains/restaurants, there's a chance i'd order it instead of classic... but i don't see that happening anytime soon. not with TWO versions of diet coke out there. :(

ecliptic
06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Right now I drink Coke C2 over regular Pepsi. Only non-diet Coca Cola I drink is w/Cherry and that isn't very often.

Also on a note of Coca Cola Zero. Don't pour it in a glass then drink it, yuck. Even out of a 2-liter I have to drink it straight out of the bottle. They shoulda used Splenda/Aspratame/AceK mix. :/

jtcg
06-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Hmm so caffeine...in Coca-Cola Zero there is 23mg/8 fl. just like Coca-Cola classic

most of the Diet Coke brand extensions are sweetened with the same sweetener blend (amounts probably vary)

I am glad to see Zero is being well received...

do NOT mess with the soda of a people

I wouldn't want the TaB people to turn on me
or the Diet Coke people

or the Coca-Cola C2 people...

consumers are fiercely loyal to their beverage of choice..

don't take my word for it though...talk to a SURGE fan.

Empire State Buddy
06-22-2005, 05:41 AM
i think C2 still has a shot at lasting. i think coke is going to wait and see how the product does now that Edge is off the market.

they might also try a simpler marketing approach.

my brother works at one of the largest ad agencies in the world/nyc, and he said that the C2 ads were a little "confusing" for a NEW product launch (i.e. half the politics, all the party).

he said they stressed "attitude" more than content. and for a new product, content is more important. in other words, i'll bet most consumers STILL don't know what C2 is... that's it's half the calories and sugar.

Mr Zabe
06-22-2005, 06:22 AM
ESB
You brother is right. How can you expect a new consumer to buy into a new concept and promote attitude and not taste???? There would have been so many creative ways to show what C2 was all about in very simple terms. People in general are lazy when it comes to new advertising campaigns. The idea is to sell the main product components so that a 5th grader could understand them.

Gee, you would think Coca Cola's advertising firm would know that keeping it simple is smart and not stupid.

Empire State Buddy
06-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
ESB
You brother is right. How can you expect a new consumer to buy into a new concept and promote attitude and not taste???? There would have been so many creative ways to show what C2 was all about in very simple terms. People in general are lazy when it comes to new advertising campaigns. The idea is to sell the main product components so that a 5th grader could understand them.

Gee, you would think Coca Cola's advertising firm would know that keeping it simple is smart and not stupid. that's almost exactly how my brother explained it. LOL.

coke did a much better job with "coke with lime" (they put the lime in the coke). not very creative... but who can forget it... right?

"attitude" advertising is okay for an established brand, like pepsi or diet coke, because everyone already knows what it is. but... for C2...

well, we see what happened. NOT MUCH.

that's why i think a relaunch is in order.

also, they should change the packaging. make the C2 bigger (with the swoosh thru it) and the coca-cola smaller... just to differentiate between the two. they look almost the same, except for the white and/or black script.

Mr Zabe
06-22-2005, 06:49 AM
ESB,
You and I should form a carbonated drink advertising/marketing firm. We would be a breath off fresh air in a stale media world.

Hiring us would be money well spent. Could you imagine all the "test" soda pops we would end up drinking. LMAO

Empire State Buddy
06-22-2005, 07:47 AM
ESB,
You and I should form a carbonated drink advertising/marketing firm. We would be a breath off fresh air in a stale media world.

Hiring us would be money well spent. Could you imagine all the "test" soda pops we would end up drinking. LMAO how about a hostile takeover of coca-cola? you wouldn't happen to have $80 billion would you? smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-22-2005, 08:23 AM
How can you expect a new consumer to buy into a new concept and promote attitude and not taste????SEE: RED BULL

Empire Buddy, you want a relaunch of C2? That would be the straw on the camel's back to irrevocably confuse consumers.

All of a sudden, everyone's head would explode due to over-confusion.

Let's try it. smile.gif

riot
06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
If people are confused, then they're just not paying attention. It's very simple.

But I agree about the packaging. C2 looks almost exactly like Coke Classic. I've almost made the same mistake.

[ 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: riot ]

Dewman1979
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
empire posts way too many threads

riot
06-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Maybe he should be banned.

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-23-2005, 08:10 AM
He's keeping half this board alive. Don't complain.

riot
06-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:
He's keeping half this board alive. Don't complain. Apparently he is banned from posting. Not sure why. :confused:

Good thing I showed up then. ;)

[ 06-23-2005, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: riot ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Are you being sarcastic or is that true?

If so, how do you know?

Empire Buddy is an enthusiastic member of this board. And while he posts alot, he brings up good topics, which in turn, lead to other topics.

[ 06-23-2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

Mr Zabe
06-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Gee, ESB in my view shares his views, experiences and humor in a very contributing way. If you take the time to know him you will understand him the way I do.

I was offended by a few comments that were posted yesterday. I kindly request that before you say negative things about EBS, try and get to know him.

If you don't like someone's style or personality you do have the option of ignoring those people.

I would hope this board remains bully free.

Zabe

[ 06-23-2005, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

riot
06-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm not kidding. ESB is blocked from logging in.

As for how I know...

just call me Peter Parker. ;)

I did notice, however, how someone in another thread said that he was posting too much.

I suppose ESB thought this was a "discussion" board. I guess he was wrong. LOL.

riot
06-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Dewman1979:
empire posts way too many threads Maybe you should let us know how many are "just right"... since we're all here to please you. :rolleyes:

DJ HawaiianShirt
06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
If ESB is indeed permanently banned from this board, it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

Unless he's done something that we don't know about, I don't see any grounds for banning.

All of his posts and threads were honest, relevant, and well-presented.

Whatever. I'm not the board admin, so I don't know what's going on.

riot
06-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me like "jealousy." LOL. ;)

Mr Zabe
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
riot,
I wish I could make a funny comment or joke but
I will be straight up with you.

Your lame comments about a respected board mate are not funny. There, I did not want to have to spell it out to you. :(

Why not focus on soda pop instead of making snide comments about this board mate or any other board mate.

riot
06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Yeah. You're right. Sorry.

I'm leaving anyway.

I don't like being banned for no reason. Peace.

[ 06-23-2005, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: riot ]

Mr Zabe
06-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Peace out ;)