PDA

View Full Version : Starting Out Small

Romario
09-24-2002, 02:51 AM
Hi, I'm a college student interested in the Beverage Industry, from an Independent, Small Operations Point of View.

I am looking for information about:
1. Finding a place to develop my intial drinks
- Orange - Root Beer - Cola - Etc -

2. A place that can bottle the drinks for me and put my labels on them.

Is there a place that does all 3? Make the Drink, Bottle, Label, Package?

I just want to help finance my college education and do something I love and am good at to help deliver a common product in a new creative way. Thats what I do, create creative solutions.

Since I'm starting small, I'd like to maybe develop a few hundread bottles and distribute them myself locally to small coffee shops, grocery stores, college cafe's, etc, places that conform to the little guy.

Any insight would be helpful, people to call, places to research. Anybody who also was in a position like me just starting out who would like to share their experiences, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again everybody

-Nick-

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-24-2002, 11:13 AM
you in grand rapids, michigan or minnesota chief?

Romario
09-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Tribecabev
09-24-2002, 07:10 PM
contact me at 813-215-7931 and lets chat. I started a year ago. Small quantities will be your biggest hurdle but it is viable.

Romario
09-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to answer some of my questions. A lot of it sounds confusing, but I think I can do it if I can find a place that can manufacture a small amount of cases for me.

I can build from there.

WarDekar
05-10-2004, 03:37 AM
I'm in college and not really interested in sales, but am interested in drinks for my own personal satisfaction and am wondering how you got started? I don't even know where to start, are there any sites dedicated to starting out with recipes, etc.? I know places sell extracts, but I want to try creating original tasting things, not your standard cola, lemon-lime, etc.

Stevia Dude
05-20-2004, 05:37 PM
You should try herbs and spices...a good article about the origins of root beer http://tn.essortment.com/historyrootbeer_rhnc.htm
There's a bunch of undiscovered (to the American palette) flavours out there. There's even ways of formulating so you don't have to add any preservatives. But the unfortunate part is most people want the cheap "sugar water"...

[ 05-20-2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Stevia Dude ]

<Dale>
05-28-2004, 12:46 AM
I am in a similar situation to Romario (except in Kalamazoo, MI. Anyone willing to offer advice to me on starting a beverage line?

Bryan
06-30-2004, 01:36 AM
If you need packaging design help or just have questions please feel free to contact me.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-01-2004, 10:32 AM
go romario go