PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice to break into industry

RocketRanchDesign
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi All,

I run a small but super-highly creative graphic design studio in Seattle that specializes in branding.

My studio has done some packaging design here and there, but is looking to do more work with branding beverage products and creating label/package designs for such products.

Is there an industry expert out there who can give me advice on gaining visibility in this market? How do I meet or get in front of the right people who would use my branding services? My portfolio is excellent and I have all the right stuff, I just gotta meet the right people.

Any thoughts?
Are there associatons I can join?
Note, I have a limited marketing budget, so expensive trade journal advertising may not be an option for me.

Thanks for any advice you can offer me!

climaxenergydrink
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
whats your web site pm me i am always looking for different options !!

CLIMAX

LENNY

greg
02-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Considering your marketing budgets are limited you need to get in front of as many people at one time as possible.

I suggest you go to trade shows and go booth to booth showing off your designs, graphics, ideas, etc. Some of the smaller companies may be looking for a guy just like you.
In my industry, Sports Nutrition, there are many products that have bland plain labeling. They need something to get their product noticed on the shelf.
The Arnold Classic in Columbus Ohio sees over 150 vendors and 125K people in 3 days. The Olympia in Vegas sees about 100 vendors and 70K people in 2 days.
The NACS Show being hel in Atlanta in November (I think)is a great way to see companies that may be just starting out looking for distribution and may need your help in developing brand awareness.
There re also other shows throughout the year. Check Bev Spectrum, Bevergae Industry, Beverage World and others for dates.
Packaging digest will also have dates of show.
Place a free ad here on BevNet in the classifieds.

RocketRanchDesign
02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone, and thanks for your replies!
Your advice is great. I'll be sure to follow those strategies.

Thanks again!