PDA

View Full Version : jones soda in chicago....

peachykeen
04-16-2002, 07:59 PM
can anyone help me out....
i recently discovered jones soda while on a road trip, and now that i'm back in chicago, i can't find any place to buy it!?!?!?! if you know of any stores in the chicago area that carry it, i would be soooo greatful if you'd fill me in!
thanks.

~peachykeen~

Ron Swedelson
04-16-2002, 09:51 PM
I'd say refer to the complaints and grips section of the bevnet. Chances are, Chicago stores do have Jones, but it might be old. Check the dates, better yet, look for an alternative brand.

sodasommelier
04-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Chicago????? Hello, that's Cool Mountain's hometown. Try a Cool Mountain Peach; if you even ventured forth to like Jones, you'll love Cool Mountain! And of course, Green River... that's something that comes from Chicago.

peachykeen
04-17-2002, 02:11 AM
yeah..i actually found one store that has "some" jones...and it's rather old....but alas they don't have my beloved peachy keen or the very berry lemonade :( but i still bought a few random flavors anyway....

and cool mountain peach....never seen it, but as you can tell i'm a big fan of peach type things...stewart's peach was not very appetizing however :-/

jonesing for a jones,
~peachykeen~

peachykeen
04-17-2002, 02:31 AM
ok i went and read some of the gripe stuff....and frankly i don't care what the company is like...i just want to drink a peachy keen soda...that's all i'm asking for...is that really too much to ask?

sodasommelier
04-17-2002, 09:58 AM
Well... if it's for the peach soda you can try the Cool Mtn guy at 888 838 **** (toll free); I'm sure he can recommend a store in Chicago that has the Cool Mountain Peach. I don't know if you'll like it but I think it's pretty good. He's right there in Des Plaines, Illinois so he's a local smile.gif

bigbottom
04-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Jones is working on there 4th distributor in Chicago. After requiring the last one to wall paper his warehouse with the stuff or they were going to give it to X distributor He told them to shove it! Now it sits dormant for someone else to get caught up in the hype, but considering the new distributor sells Beer, wallpaper is all it will remain. I have an idea why don't they give it away? Already done that! Oh well? :D

sodasommelier
04-18-2002, 04:28 AM
Do they have enough $ to even send someone to Chicago to attempt to deal with this situation?

Oh yeah.. for that Cool Mountain number, it's the digits that spell soda. I guess for some reason, they may have been blacklisted or otherwise, another company uses soda in its number and that company is blacklisted. Sorry! Cool Mountain... change your number and solve the mystery!

RealSugarLover
07-04-2004, 06:50 AM
You might want to give Sunset Foods a look. They are located in the Northern Suburbs like NorthBrook and Libertyville areas. They have some Jones and they carry a soda called Stone Creek which totally rocks. They have a Black Cherry, Red Cherry, Orange, Lemon-Lime, Creme Soda, and Cola but they are made with real Sugar instead of the HFCS.
Good luck on the Jones hunt!

Hacksaw
07-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Frostie makes a really nice Peach Soda.

Dr. Cherry
07-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I'd say Peach Crush is my favorite peach soda. Frostie is good too. To me Cool Mountain is the worst.

Ron Swedelson
07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I cant remember which one was wich. I had a cool Mt. Peach, and a cool Mt. Mango. One was pretty good, the other was terrible.