PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what happenned to Cheerwine?

FitzgeraldHead
09-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Ok, I understand that Cheerwine was supposed to be FINALLY sold in the Atlanta area, which should have been an obvious move to make since the beginning. I also saw 2L bottles in the grocery stores soon after the big announcement. Come two weeks or so after that, the town is completely dry. WHY? I expected a gradual introduction from just 2L bottles to 20oz in gas stations, and 12oz 12 packs in stores, but not so. I haven't seen ANY Cheerwine in Atlanta for weeks!!! I would really like to know what's going on, if anybody has a theory or knows.

fusion
09-16-2002, 12:19 AM
I honestly don't know, I really don't even know if the small house that was selling it in the greater Philly region still has it, either. I do remember the rep I used to talk to told me that his boss (owner) was a little suspicious of the company/guys he dealt with (not sure of specifics). Was Cheerwine doing the distribution? or someone else?

drpep
09-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Cheerwine is abundant in Roanoke VA and the Carolinas.

bigrich
08-01-2004, 02:06 AM
I am so happy to see All-American Bottling Company of Louisville, KY & Seymour, IN (AKA - Big Red Bottling) finally selling Cheerwine regular and diet. They are carrying it in 12 packs and 20oz. PET. They deliver some of their products to some of the far south suburbs of Indianapolis. I stocked up today and will continue to when I buy Big Red. I purposely drive to the south side because I prefer to buy products from All-American instead of ABC because All-American has better tasting product.

Shatter
08-02-2004, 03:05 AM
Cheerwine has come to Texas, too! Two bottlers, one in Beaumont, and good ol' Temple Bottling in Temple, TX, have started making it. I'm going to be travelling through Beaumont in a few days and i've got to pick up a case or two!

Shatter
08-07-2004, 11:20 PM
I bought a couple of 12-packs of Cheerwine while I was in Southwest Louisiana yesterday. I also bought a 20 oz. bottle that's in a Dr Pepper angle style plastic bottle. I didn't find any 2-liters in the stores I went into, though.

I've only had Cheerwine in longneck bottles before, and I noticed that the cans taste different. I haven't opened the 20 oz. bottle yet to see if it has a different flavor.

Cheer-wined
08-08-2004, 11:41 PM
regular Cheerwine in the bottles is made with cane sugar but cans/PET use HFCS ... maybe that accounts for your taste difference?

Shatter
08-10-2004, 02:22 AM
That might be the case, and it might not. Pepsi Blue fans like me noted that plastic bottled Blue tasted a lot different than canned Blue. I don't know why that was, but it was true.

And I drank the 20 oz. Cheerwine when I went to work this morning, and it didn't taste as good as glass bottled Cheerwine. The 20 oz. bottle also seemed kinda flat. And the strange thing I noticed about it, the bottle's cap said "Bottled by the Dr Pepper Bottling Company of Texas, Dallas, TX 75265", which is my area's DP bottler, but we don't get Cheerwine here. I'm wondering if the reason we don't have Cheerwine is because we still have Red Fusion?

[ 08-10-2004, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

pinkphlair
09-18-2004, 02:47 PM
There is a Cheerwine plant where I live, in Wilmington, NC. Here is a link from their website that might help you find your brew: http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Territories.NorthCarolina . BTW- ever heard of Hineywine?

sodasommelier
09-21-2004, 12:06 AM
You can find it in the glass bottles with the cane sugar in upscale stores throughout the Western USA. I like Cheerwine; it's its own unique beverage.

pdxbevman
10-24-2004, 08:52 PM
never seen the stuff, would like to try it.

DPDude
10-31-2004, 04:50 AM
Cheerwine is now available in 20oz bottles at the Shell Station at I-10 and Hwy 71 in Columbus, TX. Caps state that it is bottled by Dr Pepper Bottling Co. of Dallas, TX.

teamtitan512
11-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Only places that have it here are Pepsi Shenandoah places in VA. No one else bottles or distributes it around here. I've never seen it in MD, WV, PA, or OH.

KanKing
11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
I think a guy in Lanham, Maryland distributes it. You have to buy by the case though. He gets it from west jefferson in glass bottles. I think. Nehi also.

upinarms
12-05-2004, 10:15 PM
The northeast seriously needs more distributors of this fine drink.

fusion
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Only places that have it here are Pepsi Shenandoah places in VA. No one else bottles or distributes it around here. I've never seen it in MD, WV, PA, or OH. PA has it, although they aren't listed on the website. Superior Beverages in Phoenixville distributes it, mostly in the metro Philly area, and southward. I was in Oxford, PA last week, and saw it in a new Redner's location. 2 liter, 6 pack can, 12 pack can. They also distribute Hires, Crush, Diet Rite flavors (in some places), Jolt, and other smaller brands.

drpep
12-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Over on PA's west side you can find it in Oil City.