PDA

View Full Version : Mello Yello Melon

drpep
09-16-2002, 03:54 PM
In Roanoke VA where I found all 3 flavors of MY last Dec I have now found only Reg and Cherry. Further south only cherry and reg. I did find 20oz melons in 2 locations in GA. Will give details when I get home or find a better computer.

mickstafa
09-17-2002, 01:07 AM
I REALLY hope its not gone now!! I hear commercials on the radio for Cherry and regular, but no melon. WHY DO THEY PICK CHERRY OVER MELON!? There is Cherry everything, Melon is SO much more orginal. Also, the Cherry MY tastes so much like regular; the melon is PERFECT! This is a huge mistake! :mad:

steveu
09-17-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it's still extensively available here in Bama.

SURGE
09-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Yeah Mellon is good and Cherry is sooo typical but as i have pointed out before in another thread the purpose of Yello isnt to innovate its to match Dew flavor by flavor. Anyway rumor has it Mellon is on its way out. A damn shame!

-Avery

fusion
09-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Does this mean we'll be seeing a

www.SaveMelloYelloMelon.org (http://www.SaveMelloYelloMelon.org) website? ;)

steveu
09-20-2002, 06:26 PM
I'm not trying to create envy, but ... it's still here in Huntsville! Saw two rows in a rack of it a few hours ago at my corner store.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-21-2002, 11:51 AM
steve u - i think you might start having to ship it from down there to elsewheres!

steveu
09-21-2002, 02:18 PM
I just finished a can, as a matter of fact. Really. Hell, I'll buy and ship to anyone who wants. Another crazy thing: single cans of this, and most other 12 oz. alum prods, is just 49 cents! Cheapest cans I've ever seen. That's not a sale price.

Downside: Haven't seen MY Melon multipaks much of anywhere, but I'll be alert for em.

karks88
09-22-2002, 01:14 AM
Wow, I wish they would make this stuff around here, I'd love to try it.

Fusion, I don't think we can handle any more websites! At least, I can't smile.gif Coke just needs to start listening to their customers.

SURGE
09-22-2002, 02:36 AM
Well ya know fusion I would like to say to anybody interested that I am very happy with the results we have gotten with SaveSURGE and would urge anyone who loves mellon or any other drink to consider a site of their own. It really raises awareness! If I only had and extra 40 hours in a day! Still i wish Coke wouldnt cut stuff so much, just scale it back. I mean its not like they lose any money all they need to do is lower production levels to match sales. :D

-Avery

bigrich
09-23-2002, 12:35 AM
Another place to buy Melon Mello Yello is in Elizabethtown, KY. It is shipped in from Huntsville, AL.

Terry K
09-23-2002, 04:41 AM
We have confirmed reports that Melon is still sold in New Hampshire as well. I sent our roving salute to soda correspondent out to find it and he came back with some from an independent coke bottler in upper NH.

drpep
09-23-2002, 12:47 PM
I found MY Melon at the Amoco station off I-95 exit 94 near Savannah, GA. It was in 20oz only had only one facing. The other stores at that exit did not have any.

CCEmerchandiser007
01-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Mello Yello Melon is my Favorite too!! It's not selling real good out here in 20 oz's but 12 packs of it are doing good.
I got to stop at one certain store to get an 20 oz bottle of Melon which is worth it!! If any one wants I'll be gald to start up a savemelloyellomelon.com Just send me pics and backgrounds for it!!! I already got a 10 megabyte webspace out there!! So send all pics/ etc for it to jjjlong@frontiernet.net :cool:

This is all I could do so Check it out!!
http://www.frontiernet.net/~jjjlong/

[ 01-04-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: CCEmerchandiser007 ]

BottleBoss
01-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Anyone seen this stuff in maryland?

SURGE
01-21-2003, 08:50 PM
savemelloyellomellon.com eh? Sounds like a great idea man!!! Best of luck and myself and I'm sure Eric (karks88) would be more than willing to give ya a few pointers!

fusion
01-22-2003, 03:12 AM
I seriously, seriously doubt you'll see it in Maryland. Most of Maryland is CCE territory, except the western 3 counties, which is Central Coke. Neither of them sell a lot of Mello Yello.

What about West Virginia? Minus the panhandle, and the northern part (not sure what that's called), and Preston County (which are also all Central Coke territory), Coke Consolidated sells to the rest of the state. I know they are a big Mello Yello bottler. Maybe they have it.

I haven't travelled in WV beyond Morgantown, Keyser, and Martinsburg to really know what is available in the rest of the state.

drpep
01-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by fusion:

I haven't travelled in WV beyond Morgantown, Keyser, and Martinsburg to really know what is available in the rest of the state.Hillbillies :D

mello yello
01-23-2003, 10:29 AM
it wasn't looking very good. i was on my virginia to florida road trip looking for mello yello melon (among other things) and there were no signs of it anywhere. it wasn't at the savannah amaco any more. i had found some mello yello cherry at a lynchburg, sc gas station. but i assumed melon was just too hard to find. but on the way back, stopped for lunch in ridgeland, sc (1-95, exit 21) and saw a food lion there. so i ran in to check it out, and came out with (all)4 cases of mello yello melon!!
more on my overall trip findings in another post. . .

Terry K
04-08-2003, 04:35 PM
We have confirmed another bottler who is still selling MY-Melon! Black Hills Coke of Rapid City, SD has it in 20 oz only (word is they're getting cans!)

I'll try to snare some soon :D :D

bigrich
04-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Last time I was in Rapid City they bought their cans from Chesterman in Sioux City, IA.

sundrop
04-08-2003, 06:44 PM
MY-Melon is carried by consolidated in most of their areas
they have 20oz, 2liters, and fridge pks

Terry K
04-09-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Last time I was in Rapid City they bought their cans from Chesterman in Sioux City, IA.They reportedly have at least one can line. They've definately gone Fridge Pack.

teamtitan512
04-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Martinsburg and Morgantown have Mello Yello. The only place up north I've ever seen Cherry Mello Yello was at the Super Kmart in Morgantown. The Super Wally in Keyser carries no Mello Yello, just has a small section for Coke, Diet Coke, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, and Sprite. Their arrangement, same as in Cumberland 20 miles north, has as much focus on 7Up/RC as it does Coke in that store. Very weird.

teamtitan512
04-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Never seen Mello Yello Melon. I figure something like this might be seen in East Tennessee. Anyone looked around....say Knoxville?

bigrich
04-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Cleveland,TN, Tullahoma,TN, Huntsville, AL are some places that still produce MY Melon.

ben
03-24-2004, 05:08 AM
i wish i had some mello yello cherry (its in my top 15 right after tropical sprite remix)

melloyellowneeded
07-07-2008, 11:58 AM
im taking a road trip from delaware to where ever i can find mellow yellow.Can anyone help me out here willing to go to west virginia, Virginia and Penn. thanks for any help

ThePieHole
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Mellow Yellow,

I can do you one better. Not sure where you live in Delaware, but I believe I may have found the most northern outpost of it. Sadly you can't bring it home, but if you need a fix it's readily available. It's on tap--of all places-- at Chuck E. Cheese! As is Mr. Pibb, a personal favorite of my wife and I. We live in Newark, and can get Pibb at the Walmart in Elkton, MD, but I haven't seen Mellow Yellow there. However, the Chuck E. Cheese in Wilmington, right off Concord Pike, has it on tap, and when you're there it's free refills so you can go there and drink to your heart's delight without ever making a road trip. The cups are even to go cups so you could at least take a few home with you. Good luck!

Tech_Guy
08-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Mello Yello can be found in 2 Liters, 12 packs, and 20 ounce all over Morgantown, WV. Visit a Kroger there and you will get your fix. Mello Yello in Morgantown has just as much, if not more, shelf space than Vault.

I also notice that Cracker Barrel restaurants have Mello Yello on tap. This is true for: New Stanton, PA; Altoona, PA; Newport News, VA; and Hampton, VA.

fusion
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Another Delaware poster, wow.

Tech_guy has given you the right info - Morgantown is the closest you'll find it. Otherwise you'd have to go to southern Virginia, around Emporia.

fusion
08-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Mellow Yellow,
We live in Newark, and can get Pibb at the Walmart in Elkton, MD, but I haven't seen Mellow Yellow there.

Mello Yello in cans disappeared right after Vault came out in our area.

Five Guys also has Mello Yello in their fountains. There is one in Bear in Governor's Square II (behind Chick-fil-a), Fairfax (up from the Acme) and Hockessin (Lantana Square).