PDA

View Full Version : dnL

Gary C
11-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Has anyone found dnL yet? I know it is supposed to be available in some areas this month, so I am on the lookout for it.

turtleboy
11-04-2002, 11:19 PM
We have it in Michigan. I bought my first one today.

Shatter
11-05-2002, 12:41 AM
It's supposed to be out here too, but i've been working non-stop and haven't had the time to check out the c-stores to see if it's in.

So, what's the verdict? What'd you think of it?

turtleboy
11-05-2002, 04:01 PM
I like it. It tastes more like a lime flavored Mountain Dew than 7up.

bigrich
11-05-2002, 05:25 PM
It was introduced in Indianapolis about a week ago. It is really pretty good, sort of like a lime mello yello. It is as close to melon mello yello that I have tasted. Also I have seen Melon Mello Yello in more places. CCE Plant CV (Cleveland, TN) produces it. I have bought some in the Louisville area and southern Indiana.

[ 11-05-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

mello yello
11-05-2002, 06:05 PM
wow, i really got to try dnl! i've been looking all around the past 2 days here in philly, since i thought it was supposed to come out yesterday, but i haven't found it yet. i hope this does not mean we are not one of the test markets. hopefully it will be here soon. . .
and that is great news about the mello yello melon! perhaps the rumors of its departure are not true after all!?

bigrich
11-05-2002, 06:14 PM
I wonder if dnL will be introduced in the areas that Pepsi still distributes 7-UP? I bet those areas will not see the new dnL until after the first of next year.

bigrich
11-05-2002, 06:29 PM
On dnL's website it lists five major test market areas: LA, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, and Cleveland. We have it in Indianapolis, but we receive 7-UP product from the Chicagoland area.

chrisok
11-07-2002, 01:39 PM
we now have dnl in Oklahoma city. Tried it for the first time today. All in all I found it to be pretty good. My first reaction was "This is Surge!" After a few more drinks, the lime flavor really came through. It probably won't become my favorite drink, but I will drink it again. Especially since all 7up/RC products in the OKC area usually much cheaper than Coke or Pepsi.

karks88
11-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Cool! I'm going to have to check it out.

Gary C
11-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Anyone find it yet in the New York / New Jersey area yet? I haven't seen it.

BottleBoss
11-08-2002, 06:34 PM
No 7 Upsidedown in maryland yet. Too bad for me.

Terry K
11-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
I wonder if dnL will be introduced in the areas that Pepsi still distributes 7-UP? I bet those areas will not see the new dnL until after the first of next year.Correct. dnL was designed to give a reward to bottlers who decided to keep 7up on first.

mello yello
11-13-2002, 02:16 PM
just when i had almost given up my search for dnl until january, i went to a convenience store today here (in philly) and they had it! a sticker was up, but they hadn't even stocked it yet, as they just got it in, but they guy went in the back and got me one anyway. good stuff indeed.

Android
11-13-2002, 10:36 PM
I went to a C-store tonight, and they had it. Good deal on it, too, 3 for a dollar(if you bought 3 that is, so guess how many I bought?) Anyway, It's not bad, I like it better than Phlemsi Blue and dREaD FUSION...

I was kinda surprised to see it, as it's bottled by Pepsi here, and they actually used a "splash" bottle instead of Pepsi's swirly.

andy

Terry K
11-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Android:
I went to a C-store tonight, and they had it. Good deal on it, too, 3 for a dollar(if you bought 3 that is, so guess how many I bought?) Anyway, It's not bad, I like it better than Phlemsi Blue and dREaD FUSION...

I was kinda surprised to see it, as it's bottled by Pepsi here, and they actually used a "splash" bottle instead of Pepsi's swirly.

andyI believe that's one of the few bottlers that planned to keep 7up (Admiral of Worland is an indie so they can!)

Chefdavis
11-18-2002, 04:19 AM
dnL has made it to LA.....Not bad, similar in taste to Surge. smells very similar to Orange Tang (I'm not kidding)

xlogold
11-19-2002, 05:24 PM
no dnL in Rhode Island yet.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-20-2002, 07:52 AM
i still only see dnl in some stores and it's been over a week since it's launch. no ads or anything yet. some people really seem to like it. i wonder why it isn't reaching all stores yet. things like 7-11s and so forth.

karks88
11-20-2002, 08:40 AM
A friend of mine picked me up a bottle of dnL at a local Sheetz last week. It's pretty decent. I'd heard some rumors that it tastes like SURGE so I had people send in their dnL opinions for our site:

http://karks.com/surge/nl31.html

Gary C
12-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Finally found some dnL in Northern New Jersey, at a CVS. It was similar to Mountain Dew, but with a lime taste and not as sweet. Although I am not a big fan of the Dew type of sodas, I did like dnL, and better than Mountain Dew. I would rather see non-cola drinks without the caffeine, though, but I guess that is part of the appeal for the Dew sodas.

mickstafa
12-16-2002, 12:19 PM
Anybody seen it in Atlanta yet?

SplitLevelP
01-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Had my first DNL yesterday and my second,third,forth today and i'm fixing to go get more! i love it it tastes like a lightened surge and I loved surge.so DNL gets a thumbs up. :D

SplitLevelP
01-13-2003, 11:01 PM
forgot to add it is in a nice splash bottle and i'm enjoying one now!

dlhancock
01-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Well, Southeast Atlantic took over the 7Up franchise in this area the first of the year...they've already put Cherry 7Up back on the shelves although I've not seen dnL or Diet Cherry 7Up yet. I guess we will see.