PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla or cherry coke in Glass

SplitLevelP
12-04-2002, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know where in ANY size I can find vanilla or cherry coke in glass?

Cokeologist
12-04-2002, 08:21 AM
Vanilla Coke is sold in Australia in glass bottles; I believe the size is 390ml.

SURGE
12-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Vanilla Coke has been introduced in Europe just recently so shouldnt have too much trouble finding it around there, but you might wanna check out the websites Coke and thier bottlers before you make a trip. As for Cherry i'm not quite sure call Coke or check the sites. In many places u will prolly see them with cane sugar too! :D

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-06-2002, 05:15 AM
i was reading a KO end of the year financial report once and they had the board each holding different 8oz glass bottles. one old guy had a cherry coke. it exists. i bet it's in alabama, ky or tenn because they have very diverse, local and mom and pop run coke dist not bought out by the bland giant cce.

CCEmerchandiser007
12-06-2002, 11:34 PM
No there ain't any Cherry or Dt. Cherry in glass bottles out here in Tennsseese We're about to stop Coke in glass bottles I think, That's what they said to me a while back at work but they still haven't anyways what the :mad: heck is wrong with cherry coke or dt cherry coke in an can? I don't like my sodas in an PET bottle cause they get warm and flat too fast! DRINK COKE!!!

SplitLevelP
12-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Cans are my second choice to glass bottles cce.The remarketing of diet cherry has not made it to utica area.

sodasommelier
12-21-2002, 05:23 PM
What's wrong with Cherry Coke in a can? Well, the answer to that just might hit you if you take a can of Cherry Coke and a Longneck Glass Bottle of Moxie Cherry Cola made with cane sugar and drink them side by side. The superiority of the bottle should help to illuminate what's wrong with the can. And in the case of the can, it will help to aluminate what's wrong; if you drink enough cans some day you'll forget that you even took this test!!

fusion
12-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Hey, SS.. how about a Mexi-Coke and some Torani cherry syrup? Think that would work?

XLS_02
12-22-2002, 07:30 AM
I'd like to see commemorative or at least some kind of packaging for cherry Coke, and Vanilla Coke in glass as well. But as I said before neither were ever sold in contour glass bottles in the U.S.
However there are 8oz. cans of cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke being produced, maybe that's Coke's idea of commemorative, who know's.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-24-2002, 10:59 PM
screw commemorative...it would just make sense that if coke is trying to get nostalgic with the introduction of vanilla coke as a flavor, then wouldn't they want to put it in the 8oz glass bottle? same with cherry! christ, who needs to think of these ideas? who? it's almost as if some nobrainer is saying "gee whiz its time to change the logo for the number one selling product again because it's really gonna help sales" when that doesn't matter, but they don't want to make a new package for fanta (a nice longneck would compete well with jones/crush/moxie etc...) or diversity in flavors.

fusion
12-25-2002, 02:21 AM
Face it, the masses don't want glass. They want their handy PET bottles or their aluminum cans.

When I had a route with an independent store, most of the glass 10oz Coke/Sprite/Diet/Seagram's were sold to elderly people. Kids stuck to the plastic.

I would love to see glass Vanilla Coke. Coke could do a retro thing with glass, and I bet it would sell. Wally sells 6pk 8oz glass for around $3, in the chain stores around here it's $3.59 to almost $5. They've relegated the package to a commemorative one, where they put silly logos, pictures and the like on them, mainly for collectors.

There is really nothing like a cold Mexi-Coke from a 12oz glass bottle. I'm not a big Coke drinker, but I enjoy one or two of these every so often.

I do think it was time for Coke to change the logo. Anything was better than that last one, it was really terrible. Why was red soda coming out of the bottle? lol.

Android
12-25-2002, 03:14 AM
I have a Cherry Coke in a glass bottle, but you probably wouldn't want to drink it, it's waaayy past it's expiration date! The bottler in Escanaba, Michigan used to bottle Cherry Coke in 16oz returnables... I've never heard of any other bottlers that did so. I bought a few 8-packs of them in the mid 90's. I drank most of them but saved a couple of them for my collection...

andy

SURGE
12-27-2002, 05:41 AM
Yeh that old Coke logo was awefull. I realyl wanna see some pictures of Vanilla Coke in 8oz or whatever, that would be cool. If anybody sees then i'd love to hear about it.

fusion
01-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Ok, I spoke with a Coke collector in Australia. They only have Vanilla in plastic down there.

SplitLevelP
01-04-2003, 04:46 AM
Fusion thanks for checking.

Cokeologist
03-01-2003, 07:32 AM
As indicated in my 04Dec reply above, Vanilla Coke is in fact available in glass in Australia. The bottle is 330ml in size with a screw top cap. I have attached a pic of the bottle.
http://baseballcards.home.att.net/eBayPics/vanillacoke.jpg

No Soda
03-01-2003, 03:22 PM
Hello Scott..

Sorry that this post is coming so late after your orginal question. You can find Vanilla Coke in 355ml bottles in the enlightened province of Prince Edward Island, Canada. PEI intelligently mandates that all sodas be sold in refillable glass bottles. I was there last summer and I can't say I missed the 20 oz bottles that have spread like a disease across North America. The bottle is rather plain, with paper labels, and the Coke bottler uses such bottles for Barq's and Mello Yello. (Coke and Diet Coke come in their own nicely painted contour bottles.) I didn't see Cherry Coke anywhere there, but it was sold in 500ml refillable bottles in Connecticut in the 1980's with paper lables (Coke and Pepsi actually went back to refillables in 1980 when the bottle bill passed, only to withdraw them by 1987.) I have saved one, and I have never seen such bottles on eBay or anywhere else.

SplitLevelP
03-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Nice pic of glass bottle v. coke to bad I can't drink it can anyone here get one shipped to me?

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-05-2003, 01:22 AM
i'm thinking road trip to PEI. tell us more jesse!

what do they have there???

XLS_03
03-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Not to change the subject but does cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke come in any other sizes other than 12oz. cans, 20oz bottles, and 2 liter bottles in the U.S.? I know some places have the 8oz. cans of both but are the 16oz. 6 packs available? or 1 liter bottles?

XLS_03
03-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Also what does the cherry Coke graphics look like outside of the U.S. and Canada? I noticed the Vanilla Coke graphics in the U.S. and Canada are the same but they look different everywhere else. Just wasn't sure if that was the same for cherry Coke as well.

fusion
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Both Cherry and Vanilla are available in 16.9oz 6 packs. In the Mid-Atlantic Division of CCE we previously had 8 packs of 16.9oz, but we switched to 6 packs a few weeks ago. We have:
Coke, Vanilla, Cherry, CF Coke, Diet, Diet w/ Lemon, CF Diet, Nestea, MM Lemonade, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and Seagram's Ale. I hear more flavors may be on their way in the next few months.

I've also previously seen MM Orange (in Florida), and Barq's and Sunkist in northeastern PA (this was Herbco/Chicago Coke). But they were both discontinued when I went back up after CCE acquired the territory. CCE dropped Sunkist for Fanta.

CCE NY also has Dr Pepper in 16.9oz, and they even have Canada Dry in some areas.

[ 03-12-2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-12-2003, 09:25 PM
in michigan we have 6pk 1/2 liters of the following: coke, diet coke, diet cf coke, sprite, squirt and dr pepper and vanilla coke too. they did have cherry coke and barq's but got rid of the them. they also hvae dasani, and the minutemaid fruit punch/lem.

when they first switched to 8packs, they only had coke/diet/sprite/cherry coke and barq's.

it's been very hard to deal with the pop companies in the last couple years with all of these size and package changes.

we have cherry coke and vanilla coke in the one liter size as well.

when we had 6pk 20oz, we had fresca and cherry coke six packs. they discontinued those about a year before the others.

we've only had diet CF and later CF coke in the 20oz for like three years.

we once had seagram's and red flash in 20oz (loose) but only for like 6months. they put it in and took it out of stores.i almost think it was a mistake shipment and they didn't know what to do with it.

my company got that once, when we got in a pallet of sam adams light 12pk's instead of regular boston lager 12pk's. we "weren't allowed" to sell them in stores so we send them to bars. they open from the top and were sturdy boxes so they didn't matter.

Cokeologist
03-31-2003, 10:52 AM
According to the Coke web sites for France and The Netherlands, Vanilla Coke is available in these countries in glass bottles. Coca-Cola Vanilla - The Netherlands (http://www.coca-cola.nl/) Coca-Cola Vanille - France (http://www.vanille.coca-cola.fr/)

ben
03-24-2004, 05:10 AM
i saw vanilla coke and cherry coke in fountain at 7-11

SplitLevelP
04-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Face it, the masses don't want glass. They want their handy PET bottles or their aluminum cans.

When I had a route with an independent store, most of the glass 10oz Coke/Sprite/Diet/Seagram's were sold to elderly people. Kids stuck to the plastic.Ok As I remember it sometime around 1990 that choice was made for us at store level.Back then when you walked into a store you found 16oz screw top glass with the rare "4 free ounces" making it 20 oz glass.To think even as a kid my thing was "I wish I could find longneck glass" now I would kill to have 16oz screw top.Since right around that time the 16oz plastic coke came and pepsi was right behind.Somewhere in the two years that folled that 20oz became a regular staple.So if you take away the choice what is gonna be sold most.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
sad really... one day i will go to PEI