PDA

View Full Version : Cherry RC in Maryland, Virginia or PA

Sean McVeigh
01-04-2003, 12:26 PM
I live in Maryland, a little nortth of Washington DC and I am looking for Cherry RC. I have contaced the DPSU but they don't seem to be able to find a bottler that produces it.

Anyone have any specific grocery stores or locations in Maryland, Virginia, DC, PA or nearby state where I can buy Cherry RC?

Is there a way to buy it online?

Thanks!

SURGE
01-04-2003, 03:35 PM
I would kill for that stuff! I have heard some great reviews but never actually tried it.

FitzgeraldHead
01-05-2003, 01:42 AM
They used to sell it here in the Atlanta area, and I loved it. It seemed to go when EDGE went.

Sean McVeigh
01-05-2003, 09:59 AM
Is Cheerwine any good?

FitzgeraldHead
01-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Cheerwine is outstanding. Next time you get a chance to go to the Carolinas, you should try it. If you check out the website, it shows where they distribute Cheerwine. The site says that VA carries it. I don't remember seeing it in Virginia, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

bigrich
01-06-2003, 01:15 AM
All American Bottling Company, in Louisville, KY cans Cherry RC. Also, RC Cola Company Main Office, Chicago, IL cans it.

chrisok
01-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Cherry RC is all over Oklahoma City.

BottleBoss
01-06-2003, 12:23 PM
I know a guy down in D.C. that stocks Cheerwine. Here also has a few other things, like Boylans. Check your telephone book under Beverages and look for "Shurfire Distributors". It should be in the D.C. area phone book. Cheerwine is very good.

fusion
01-06-2003, 09:58 PM
The RC bottlers in Maryland are as follows:

Western 3 counties. RC Winchester. Winchester, Virginia.

Central Maryland, DC Metro, etc. Canada Dry Potomac. Springfield, Virginia

Eastern Maryland. Canada Dry New Castle. New Castle, Delaware.

I am almost 100% sure that neither Potomac or New Castle make Cherry RC. Winchester might, since they push RC a lot more than the other two. I used to see Cherry RC when I was in the Philadelphia area, but I haven't seen it recently.

[ 01-07-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

FIZZMAN
01-11-2003, 09:21 PM
I know that ABC had it in MN a couple of years ago, but it sold poorly so it was discountinued as was RC EDGE.

Terry K
01-12-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by FIZZMAN:
I know that ABC had it in MN a couple of years ago, but it sold poorly so it was discountinued as was RC EDGE.One of my ABC contacts tells me that Jim Turner likes Cherry RC and wants to put back in. *shrug*

teamtitan512
04-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Winchester doesn't make it that I have seen. Makes me wonder considering Winchester controls DP, SU, and MD, why these were all in Pepsi's control in such a close proximity to Winchester (in Garrett and Allegany Counties, the western 2). Washington County DP and SU are DPSU products, MD is Pepsi.

I saw Cherry RC around Uniontown, PA less than a hour south of Pittsburgh a few years ago, but haven't seen it since.

teamtitan512
04-11-2003, 10:42 PM
The western 4 counties are supplied by Winchester. Frederick County I'm almost positive is.