PDA

View Full Version : Cherry 7-UP

drpep
01-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Cherry 7-UP is here in upstate NY and northern PA. Mostly 2 litre bottles.

Gators fan
01-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Cherry 7-up has been around in the detroit area for years and is not distributed by pepsi. It is distributed by the American Bottling Co.

SplitLevelP
01-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Just got word today from 7up guy that cherry has indeed been added to the product line as of 1/1/03 when pepsi gave up 7up.

dlhancock
01-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Well, Southeast Atlantic took over the 7Up franchise in this area the first of the year...they've already put Cherry 7Up back on the shelves although I've not seen dnL or Diet Cherry 7Up yet. I guess we will see.

teamtitan512
05-18-2003, 01:14 AM
When Sierra Mist became the lemon lime of choice here instead of Pepsi, Cherry, Diet Cherry, and dnL appeared then here.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-19-2003, 12:28 AM
all you people that were in areas where pbg carried 7up were starved from a delicious regular/diet soda combination. cherry 7up is heavenly and diet cherry is a great diet.

don't expect to see diet cherry in 20oz or half liter six packs but american bot has recently gone the opposite way of CCE and Pepsi, producing every flavor except for a couple diets in plastic multipacks. the vibrant paper packaging (by mead i believe) is eye catching but doesn't hold together for long.

in 6pack half liters, american makes (to my knowledge)

7up
diet 7up
cherry 7up
DNL
a&w
sunkist
welch's grape
hawaiian punch
canada dry g.a.
r.c. cola
sun drop
big red
diet rite cola

possibly:
orange crush
other welch's flavors

teamtitan512
05-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Sunny Delight is here in 1/2 liters as well, and not some of the others however.

What is interesting is in Winchester where Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, and 7-Up are DPSU products, they all come in 24 oz. bottles from Pepsi, not in 1/2 liters.....very weird.

SURGE
05-19-2003, 07:55 PM
I usually don't like cherry sodas but Cherry 7up really kicks ass!

Shatter
05-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Huh. I always thought that Cherry 7up was on the bland side.

I guess that Dr Pepper products made in Plano, TX are just lousy. Cherry 7up, dnL, Red Fusion, they all taste weak. The only dnL i've tried had virtually no flavor at all. It took about five seconds after drinking it for my taste buds to register anything.

SURGE
05-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Well Shatter it may not be your local bottler. Cherry 7up is pretty weak. But thts why I like it. I hate the overpowering of Code Red and even Cherry Coke can be a bit much sometimes. Cherry 7up is just nice and refreshing.

Shatter
05-21-2003, 02:35 AM
I guess i'm just different. I want a really powerful flavor in my sodas. Like pushing your cup lightly against the trigger under a soda fountain dispenser to make it pour out mostly syrup, and make the drink extra strong. Older soda fountains used to work that way. But the newer ones don't seem to work that way anymore.