PDA

View Full Version : Citra takes final bow in Mohawk Valley NY

SplitLevelP
03-06-2003, 02:26 AM
As of 3/6/03 there is just three cans of citra in the Herkimer area since Jan 03 plug pulling. The fact is it is sad to see a citrus drink go the way of SURGE.so much for selection huh. it seems if you are not a 24oz pepsi,diet or dew or a 16.9 coke, diet or vanilla no place on the flooded drink shelfs for you. so glad you decided my selections for me *******s ,,I,, nothing like being forced online to find what you want as the people of this forum know all to well. then they wonder why the dannys & strange brews of the world pop up and make a killin. Yet the messege is not recieved so the big 2 will end up with me in the north east doing just what I have to for assurance of a bev choice and ya know what guys we already have seen where that leads so to the all those in west and mid west already laying the bev smack down on the big 2 cheers. :D

karks88
03-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear that :( Our batch of cans expires on 3/10/03 and I hope they aren't the last I'll see of it. Citra is a drink that they never even promoted. I mean, how successful could something be if nobody knows about it?

I hope Coke somehow re-dedicates itself to the citrus category, because if Citra & SURGE are both gone, what's left? Sprite definitely isn't citrus, Fresca tastes like cat piss & Mello Yello tastes like pledge (no offense, MY fans).

Tim Kelly
03-06-2003, 01:39 PM
There's a considerable amount of Citra left in a deli near my job here in Manhattan. Where are you located? I've had people mail me cans of Surge before (LOTS of it), so I wouldn't be against mailing the remaining Citra to you. Of course, you'd have to send me some money! ;)

fusion
03-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Actually, they did half-ass promote Citra. I remember some gangster-looking ads on tv when it first came out.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2003, 02:40 AM
i have a ghettto citra shirt that they put inside of a can. very cool. but citra got caught up in the battles over flavor extensions, a berry citra was probably never worked out (IE ruby red squirt).

i think citra is good, less harsher than squirt on the whole.

it's not in michigan any more.

sorrow.

Tim Kelly
03-10-2003, 10:57 AM
I have a Citra T-shirt that I won on ebay. I think the back of it says "No thirst is safe." smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-10-2003, 07:11 PM
yeah that's the shirt. i feel really invincable when i wear that shirt. a buddy of mine gave it to me.

he turned in the can for ten cents.

Tim Kelly
03-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Maybe I'll pick up those cans this afternoon.
At least, some of them. I don't see them anywhere else!

bigrich
03-13-2003, 05:51 PM
I really hate to see Citra go. Coke never gave it a chance and never distributed it nationwide. Herbco never distributed the product and when CCE took over their area, they never introduced it. That was the same situation with Surge. I used to be able to drive 60 miles and fill up the trunk, but the only bottler I know that still widely distributes it is CCE South Florida. Coke has a better product then Citra, its called Limca. It is only produced in India. It reminds me of Citra but instead of Grapefruit, it is Lime. I have been buying it by the case from Jungle Jims since Citra went almost totally away.

[ 03-13-2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

fusion
03-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Someone's gonna have to clue me in on this Jungle Jim's place (and Shawn's place, too). It looks like I'll be making a road trip to Michigan this summer (June or July), and I'd love to stop at these places. ;)

karks88
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Me too Fusion! I definitely want to check out Jungle Jims. www.junglejims.com (http://www.junglejims.com)

Seems like a very interesting store.

bigrich
03-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Some good new from Coke, I traveled through the area served by CCE Louisville today and had a pleasant surprise. Melon & Cherry Mello Yello is still alive. Also, they had plenty of Red Flash. 20 oz Mellos and Red Flash were from plant (CV), Cleveland, TN. Cans of Red Flash were from (DT), Detroit. Red Flash has a new logo, but I only saw it on the 20 ounce.

[ 03-14-2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-17-2003, 04:28 AM
fusion. lemme know when you're comin to michigan. if you go by the detroit area or whatnot.

anyway, good to hear that news bigrich, weird that detroit makes red flash cans and i haven't seen the stuff in months here.

i just learned that on the west side (where i'm at school) the two liters are from plant FL and not GR like the 20oz, cans etc... so all 1L in the state are FL and the 2L in areas serviced by plant GR (grand rapids, michigan) are FL as well. did we ever decide where FL is?

Tim Kelly
03-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Some good new from Coke, I traveled through the area served by CCE Louisville today and had a pleasant surprise. Melon & Cherry Mello Yello is still alive. Also, they had plenty of Red Flash. 20 oz Mellos and Red Flash were from plant (CV), Cleveland, TN. Cans of Red Flash were from (DT), Detroit. Red Flash has a new logo, but I only saw it on the 20 ounce.Damn! I've never even SEEN Melon & Cherry Mello Yello, nor have I had the pleasure of tasting a Red Flash.
Are they good? :confused:

fusion
03-17-2003, 06:43 PM
MY Melon is awesome. MY Cherry is pretty good. Red Flash tastes like bubble gum.

Tim Kelly
03-18-2003, 11:17 AM
Send me some? ;)

fusion
03-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Sorry, we don't have any of them in Maryland. I had to go to southern Virginia to get MY Cherry..haven't seen RF since I was in Florida a year and a half ago.

Tim Kelly
03-19-2003, 11:00 AM
And that deli sent all their Citra back. Damn. :(