PDA

View Full Version : Passover Sprite

SplitLevelP
04-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Just found some right in my local wal-mart I'm shocked it came this late. Taste is smooth. ;)

Hacksaw
05-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Considering how weak tasting Sprite has been in this area lately I'm glad to hear that. Bubble Up varies bottle to bottle, but it still the best to me in the Lemon-Lime.

fusion
05-04-2003, 10:17 PM
After the Passover holiday, the warehouse will just send out whatever Passover soda is left to any account, just to clear it out.

teamtitan512
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I wonder why they even make Passover sodas. I found a website stating a long list of sodas, including both Coke and Sprite that were Kosher already. It makes no sense why Coke would then spend extra money to make a special product when that requirement has already been met.

bigrich
05-05-2003, 11:53 PM
What I have been told is that several plants make a Kosher quality product all the time (ie... sugar) or they once did. I remember seeing cans marked with a K from NYC and Philly, and LA. The passover product is specially inspected and blessed by a Rabbi.

Chefdavis
05-06-2003, 07:00 AM
I believe the difference is Kosher and Kosher for Passover. Kosher would be where the ingredients doesn't conflict with typical Jewish dietary laws. Kosher for Passover is more strict ie Corn is a product from the New World; therefore, corn would not be in the Torah (Kosher)

ben
03-24-2004, 04:59 AM
has annybody seen the new sprite graphics (good job coca-cola)

sodasommelier
03-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Yes I just got in a load of Dr. Brown's Kosher For Passover sodas. I met the rabbi at the bottling plant and I told him my little story of making the correction on the hebrew letters "Kosher L' Pesach" because the original proof from the South American bottle cap company had accidentally written "Kosher L' Pesat"!! Anyway yes they use sugar instead of HFCS so I'm stocking up big time because it tastes better!! And hey if it's kosher for Passover it has to be pretty darn good all year around!!

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-27-2004, 04:42 AM
do they have the black cherry SS? how much to ship!