PDA

View Full Version : diet orange sodas

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-18-2003, 11:34 PM
diet minute maid orange used to be in varied supply. never in michigan.

diet sunkist was released and then reformulated and now rereleased. it tastes good.

i love diet orange cream stewarts. heavenly. my store moves 10 cases a week of that stuff. people snatch it by the case.

diet orange slice?

every time i find a listing for diet orange crush, it was from a distributor that used to carry it before american commandeered it. it sounds as if american has halted production of this in favor of diet sunkist.

i usually only find diet orange products (save stewarts) in 2-Liter bottles.

once i found 12pk cans of diet sunkist. once. and that was in a american bottling/dpsu heavy area

teamtitan512
05-19-2003, 05:27 PM
The only place I've ever heard of having Diet Minute Maid Orange was Philly Coke territory. Not in CCE, Central, Consolidated territories.

I saw Diet Sunkist in Northcentral WV, of course, that area is a strong DPSU place as well, w/Dr Pepper, RC, A&W, Canada Dry, Big Red, and now 7-Up from Pepsi. Didn't see any in the Winchester area where RC is #2, if not #1.

Diet Slice appears here in Western MD from PBG, and only appears in 2 liters. I didn't think we had it here, then found it that night at Giant Eagle. Never seen Diet Crush, but then again, we never see Crush here unless we get the 12 oz. glass bottles through the Wal-Mart distribution center, not from an RC or DPSU bottler.

chrisok
05-19-2003, 11:28 PM
Diet Sunkist in 12-packs are everywhere in Oklahoma City. I think it is very good. It's the best diet orange around here.

fusion
06-04-2003, 09:24 PM
There is a diet orange Crush, I have seen it around here, produced by Polar Beverages (MA).

CCE Mid Atlantic does sell diet Valencia Orange. They never had diet orange before this new formulation. It's sold in 12 packs and 2 liters. Philadelphia just sells it in 2 liters.

I have seen diet orange Slice, but I think only two liters, maybe 6 packs. Same with diet Sunkist.

There are just so many different distributors within a few hours of where I live.

Philadelphia Coke
CCE New York
CCE Mid Atlantic
CCE Eastern Great Lakes
Abarta Coatesville/Lehigh Valley
Central Coke York/Hagerstown

PBG Philadelphia/Wilmington/Baltimore
Pepsi Salisbury
Pepsi Havre De Grace
Pepsi Pennsauken (also owns Canada Dry DV/NC)
Some other Pepsi distributors, may be PBG or indie.. I am not too familar with the Pepsi system, and besides, they all use the same caps.

Davis Beverages (3rd)
Superior Beverages (4th)
Canada Dry Delaware Valley/New Castle (3rd)
Atlantic Beverages (4th)

I'm sure there are others.. There's a Red Bull distributor, and probably a few other guys as well... including some pretty big Snapple distributors in northern New Jersey.

Inko
06-05-2003, 01:20 PM
The Best diet orange soda for my money is Stewarts Orange Creamsickle.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-08-2003, 12:05 PM
amen.

teamtitan512
06-08-2003, 02:18 PM
I've noticed in this region where we have Diet Rite Tangerine that there is no Diet Sunkist. You must have to choose between them or something.

fusion
06-09-2003, 08:58 PM
Canada Dry Potomac really loves the 20oz 6 pack. They have a ton of flavors, and I can confirm that they do sell Diet Sunkist in that package. They also sell at least three or four of the Diet Rite flavors. 6 packs of those go for $2.99, while the other brands tend to be $3.99 or $4.49.

Terry K
06-10-2003, 03:37 AM
I can tell you that ABC still run Diet Orange Crush, sold in Pekin, IL.

Pepsi Marion/Mid-America still runs it as well.

teamtitan512
06-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Thing is I think production is being reduced down at Winchester, as a lot of our product now is coming from Northlake American Bottling. We have 6 pack .5 liters from them, and 20 oz. 6 packs only in just Canada Dry. 3rd tier is confusing in Western MD, as now they have to establish something that they have 7Up rights. Before it was RC, whatever Central dumped when they quit bottling stuff locally, and Canada Dry.

When they used to bottle stuff here, we had A&W Root Beer, Sunkist Orange, and both Seagram's and Schweppes ginger ales I believe. Squirt was around too for Coke, then they shipped all the rights to Valley Beverages who has always done RC here, and picked up Barq's, Minute Maid, Surge and such like that in the mid 90's. I can sometimes find some old Coke machines w/the old labels around, there's one here in the Cumberland City Hall, and one in one of the middle schools.

fusion
06-13-2003, 11:01 PM
I am suprised that American hasn't muscled in on any of these powerful Canada Dry franchisees in the Mid-Atlantic.. Davis, Winchester, Potomac.

I'm sure Delaware Valley isn't selling, that guy owns stuff from here to kingdom come (beer franchises, pepsi franchises, canada dry, snapple production, and so on).

teamtitan512
06-13-2003, 11:21 PM
I wish third-tier would make up what they want, from one day to the next we get plastic-bound 20 oz. products from Winchester. The next we get cardboard-wrapped 1/2 liters from American. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS! I can find both regularly in a display here, Valley Beverages is why 7Up will die in Western MD.