PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fanta in Virginia/Rhode Island

T.I.A.
06-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Here in VA, I have regular access to Orange, Grape and Strawberry Fanta. I am looking for any other Fanta flavors in Virginia.

I will be moving to Rhode Island in August, so if there are any sources in the Providence area, please let me know.

teamtitan512
06-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I doubt in Virginia you'd find any Fanta that isn't those 3. That's all Roanoke Coke (Consolidated) produces to my knowledge. Central may be bringing it back in the Northwestern part of the state, but only Orange and Grape. That's all you might find in CCE Mid-Atlantic territory, if that. I'd say your chances don't look good of finding Pineapple, Peach, or Berry (It appears Lemon and Pink Grapefruit have disappeared).

I'd say Rhode Island....good luck. Anything north of Consolidated becomes nearly impossible to find Fanta, Minute Maid is the fruit soda brand. All I've seen is some 2 liters at Super Kmart in Uniontown, PA in orange and grape (appearing to be replaced by MM Orange and Grape). North of the Mason-Dixon line, Fanta vanishes. I doubt if you'll ever see Fanta up there.

XLS_03
06-30-2003, 10:45 AM
In Rhode Island Fanta orange and grape are available. The other flavors seemed to have vanished here as well.

Minute Maid is the choice brand here and Fanta is only available in 2 liters.

fusion
06-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Consolidated territory would be your best bet.. for peach and pineapple Fanta. I know they have territory in the Lexington area.. and Roanoke.

sundrop
06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Consolidated territory from what I have read on the bevnet forum is one of the few Coke bottlers to still push fanta with minute maid drinks steadily growing.
Packages available:
20oz-orange,grape,peach and pineapple(strawberry and berry are gone)
2lt-orange,grape and strawberry
fridgepack-orange,grape,strawberry and pineapple

teamtitan512
07-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Roanoke to my knowledge only produces Orange, Grape, and Strawberry that I've seen in 20 oz., 2 liters, and Fridge Packs.

Minute Maid is taking over though, I think we'll see Fanta leave America soon actually, and more expansion on Minute Maid Fruit Sodas. I'd like to see some more choices offered beyond orange and grape.

Terry K
07-01-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Roanoke to my knowledge only produces Orange, Grape, and Strawberry that I've seen in 20 oz., 2 liters, and Fridge Packs.

Minute Maid is taking over though, I think we'll see Fanta leave America soon actually, and more expansion on Minute Maid Fruit Sodas. I'd like to see some more choices offered beyond orange and grape.There's a MM Mango Passion sold in Consolidated territory, among other minute maid flavours spotted.

My contacts at OZ tell me to expect more minute maid flavours in the near future

teamtitan512
07-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Consolidated has the MM lights, seen Guava Citrus and Mango Passion.

Central has replace Fruitopia w/Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade, Berry Kiwi, Strawberry Passion, and another one. All bottlers, including CCE, are getting involved in this process. For once, Central isn't the last bottler to see something released LOL.

I'd like to see some more Fruit Sodas come, like a Strawberry, Peach, and maybe some stuff we haven't seen before, like a sugared version of Diet Rite Red Raspberry.

sundrop
07-01-2003, 04:05 PM
In consolidated territory Roanoke, Bishopville(south atlantic canners) and snyder all work to together. For instance our plant carries all of the fanta flavors listed above but some of them come from different canners. Snyder produces orange, peach and pineapple. The grape and strawberry we sell in western North Carolina come from roanoke. Snyder produces our vanilla and cherry coke but the diet versions of both(20oz,2ltr,fridgepack) are produced by bishopville.
I hear that diet Valencia orange and a tropical berry or fruit flavor minute maid soda are coming sometime. I believe the MM mango you are referring to are the MM lights. We have mango, rasberry, light lemonade, berry kiwi and guava citrus.

fusion
07-01-2003, 11:24 PM
There are four new MMs to replace Fruitopia. The fourth is a citrus flavor, I wish I could remember the name. I swear it's similar to the citrus flavor they had after Tangerine Wavelength disappeared, but before Orange Outburst, or whatever that crap was called.

CCE already produces Valencia Light, although I didn't see it outside of the Mid-Atlantic Division during my travels. 2 liters from AX, 12 packs from BT. Philadelphia Coke also produces it in 2 liters.

The other two fruit sodas are Mixed Berry something and Tropical Medley. They've been on the point of sale since the reformulation of the mm line, but I've never seen those two flavors in production. I guess they're finally just now starting to produce them.

[ 07-02-2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

teamtitan512
07-02-2003, 01:09 PM
I want to say Citrus Blast is the other one, but I'm not sure.

All I know is that in WV, you can only buy Fanta in Orange, Grape, and Strawberry in 2L, 20 oz. and Fridge Packs, but I saw 20 oz. getting unloaded for .50 at Kroger, and Minute Maid taking over most of the shelf space, making me think Fanta will vanish.

teamtitan512
07-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Here's the Fanta flavors available:

Orange (available for the most part, unless you have Central Coke or CCE Eastern Great Lakes, neither of which seem to have it)
Grape (same as orange)
Strawberry (Consolidated has it)
Pineapple (Consolidated)
Lemon (Is it gone?)
Berry (Possibly gone, heard in Chicago and Miami)
Pink Grapefruit (has it vanished too?)
Peach (Consolidated - new)
Black Cherry (Consolidated - new)

Watch out for similar concoctions in the Minute Maid line....I think some more flavors will appear in that one too, as some bottlers appear they want Minute Maid over Fanta.

Hacksaw
07-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Too bad Minte Maid has more name recognition. I feel the Fanta flavors are better. I can only get Grape, Orange, Pineapple, & Strawberry Fanta around here. I can get Fanta Banana in Slurpees around here.

fusion
07-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Philadelphia has Black Cherry. Weren't there also a ginger ale and a apple? Or am I mistaken?

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-03-2003, 12:11 AM
All we have in RI is orange and grape. Occasionaly you will run into pineapple or strawberry, but you are pretty much limited to orange and grape. You will also run into a lot of Minute Maid soda's (Valencia Orange [normal and diet] and Whatevertheycallit Grape [just normal, I believe]) in replacement of Fanta. A lot of walmart's carry excessive amounts of Fanta...try there.

teamtitan512
07-03-2003, 01:46 AM
The apple may be being marketed in CA as Manzana Mia. There's a Fanta Apple too I think.

In the old days, Fanta was offered in Ginger Ale, Root Beer, and Red Creme. These were before such acquisitions as Barq's, Seagram's and the like, and the formation of Barq's Red Creme and Red Flash.

In the past, Coke would take basically anything they wanted to make and put the Fanta name on it. Now they've seemed to try to find anyway to not put Fanta's name on products.

Terry K
07-04-2003, 01:57 PM
The apple may be being marketed in CA as Manzana Mia. There's a Fanta Apple too I think.

In the old days, Fanta was offered in Ginger Ale, Root Beer, and Red Creme. These were before such acquisitions as Barq's, Seagram's and the like, and the formation of Barq's Red Creme and Red Flash.

In the past, Coke would take basically anything they wanted to make and put the Fanta name on it. Now they've seemed to try to find anyway to not put Fanta's name on products.There *was* a Fanta Apple. It was last spotted in Arkansas/Oklahoma prior to the Fridge Pack launch. I've got my sources trying to track it down.

Fanta Apple was VERY good.

FYI, Coke-Ozarks is holding ANY new product launches until after the FP conversion is done.

in MM Light, btw, Consolidated is offering the Mango Passion. Its *really* good :D

teamtitan512
07-04-2003, 05:46 PM
I believe Fanta Apple was also sold around Dallas as well for a short time.

I'm curious as to what happened to the Pink Grapefruit one. That one sounds interesting to me, and I've seen pictures, but it seems like the flavors keep getting scaled back. In the Mid-Atlantic, Orange and Grape are nearly impossible to find from CCE or Central.

teamtitan512
07-04-2003, 05:49 PM
The MM lights are Mango Passion and Guava Citrus that Consolidated has. One is only in Fridge Packs, one only in 20 oz. I forget which one is which there.

sundrop
07-04-2003, 08:33 PM
I believe each division of consolidated carries a few different items. The Central division has these MM lights.
20oz:light lemonade, rasberry, mango, guava citrus and berry kiwi
fridgepack:light lemonade, rasberry and mango

sundrop
07-04-2003, 08:37 PM
raspberry not rasberry. I was in a hurry

teamtitan512
07-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Central division? What is that?

sundrop
07-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Consolidated has three divisions
Northwest,Central and South

cokeconsolidated.com/map.html

Terry K
07-05-2003, 07:18 AM
I believe Fanta Apple was also sold around Dallas as well for a short time.

I'm curious as to what happened to the Pink Grapefruit one. That one sounds interesting to me, and I've seen pictures, but it seems like the flavors keep getting scaled back. In the Mid-Atlantic, Orange and Grape are nearly impossible to find from CCE or Central.Pink GrapeFruit was sold in 2002 in Missouri, LX ran it. I acquired some of it and it was a darn find drink. When Fanta was relaunched, they had the 6 core flavours, and there have been the four extensions (Peach, Apple, Black Cherry, and Berry), and we hear there may be another one or two on the market, but haven't confirmed that yet.

Coke really blew it with Fanta as far as that goes. They never got it into fountain accounts again, where people really sample stuff :D

teamtitan512
07-05-2003, 10:53 PM
I found Orange in Fountain at a Sam's Club in Altoona, PA....along w/Vanilla Coke...first time I'd seen either in fountain.

teamtitan512
07-05-2003, 10:54 PM
I thought the divisions of Consolidated were the 6 production centers

Roanoke
Charlotte
Bishopville
Mobile
Nashville

....and the other one.

Shatter
07-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Fanta Apple is still for sale in Dallas. No Fridge Packs, just 2-liters and 20 oz. bottles. And we lost Pink Grapefruit not too long after they phased out Fanta Lemon. In fact, I still have a can of Pink Grapefruit Fanta in my pantry.

teamtitan512
07-06-2003, 04:29 PM
What Fantas are still available in Dallas?

Sorry...I had in my head a Consolidated production center that didn't exist. There are only those 5.

Shatter
07-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Just the regular Fantas here. Pineapple, Orange, Grape, Strawberry, and Apple. A couple of years ago, we had about 9 or 10 different flavors. Pink Lemonade, Pink Grapefruit, Lemon, and one or possibly two other flavors.

teamtitan512
07-07-2003, 04:13 AM
Must have had Berry. It's the only one you didn't list that existed then. Peach didn't come until later.