PDA

View Full Version : Diet PiBB...Coke II?

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Does anybody know where in the country I could find Diet Mr. PiBB or Coke II? I really want to try both but I have yet to locate a place where they are available (together or apart). Please help me.

Clarke

karks88
07-25-2003, 04:38 PM
As far as I know Coke II is no longer made. I think it was in Chicago until last year and now nobody has it. Maybe it might be in a fountain somehwere?

Unforntunately I haven't seen Diet Pibb anywhere.

drpep
07-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Try www.misterpibb.com (http://www.misterpibb.com)

DietCokeEnthusiast
07-25-2003, 07:07 PM
That hasn't been updated since 9/10/02, so I was wondering if any of that had changed since then.

chrisok
07-25-2003, 07:48 PM
i saw some Diet Pibb about a year ago in Emporia, KS. That little town had lots of it. Not to mention I saw Surge, three flavors of Barq's, and several other Coke products not available in Oklahoma. No Coke II though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-31-2003, 09:24 PM
coke deux is available at the coca-cola museum on tap.

also, if you search the general discussion forum far back enough, you'll find that it is still produced in several countries.

read one of the old posts, there's a bottler in california that produces it for overseas only.

chicago was the last place you could buy it in the u.s. in the can form. that ended when herbco was bought out by cce.

SURGE
08-02-2003, 01:24 AM
Yeh in the Philipeans it is avalible I hear. As for Diet Pibb. Its rare but I know its out there.

FitzgeraldHead
08-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Coke Museum, as in the one in Atlanta, Ga? I must have missed it if it's there.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-05-2003, 10:03 PM
yeah it's in the first tap room where the coke, diet coke,c herry coke is. then you go into the world of flavors room.

fusion
08-05-2003, 11:17 PM
I didn't stop in that room when I was there 2 years ago, it seemed like it was just the mainstream brands on those taps. Guess I should have looked closer.

Terry K
08-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Diet Pibb...The Chesterman Co. of Sioux City still runs it (and I hear they have it in Fridge Packs too!)

Coke II. Its dead. You won't find a bottler who still runs it.

fusion
08-13-2003, 06:46 PM
Speaking of Pibb and Fridge Packs...

If you look at the Coca-Cola Ozarks (http://www.cocacolaozarks.com/) site, you'll see a page called "Dr Pepper promotions." They are now selling DP in FPs, but I swear the picture they have is a Pibb FP.

Check it out, let me know what you think.

Also, DPSU doesn't call them "Fridge Packs"..they call them "Cool Packs."

[ 08-13-2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

bigrich
08-13-2003, 11:54 PM
I betting they snaped a picture of PIBB EXTA Fridge Pack and substituted Dr Pepper. Fridge Packs I believe are a copyright of the Coca-Cola Company. Therefore, they violated a trademark of both companies. I think DPSU should argue that to end its contracts with Ozark's Coke. Coke should push Pibb Exta in that area.

the saint
08-14-2003, 10:47 PM
pepper is in fridge packs in okc, along with diet, cf and cf diet.

Terry K
08-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
I betting they snaped a picture of PIBB EXTA Fridge Pack and substituted Dr Pepper. Fridge Packs I believe are a copyright of the Coca-Cola Company. Therefore, they violated a trademark of both companies. I think DPSU should argue that to end its contracts with Ozark's Coke. Coke should push Pibb Exta in that area.(FYI, the DP version is called Cool 12 pack!)

Oh, that *IS* a Real Deal Mr. Pibb Fridge Pack . I took it several years ago and put it on the original STS site.

Here's the original and full pic:

http://www.nowbie.com/saluteold/MVC-003F.JPG

As a loyal customer of Ozarks Coke, I would say NO to Pibb Xtra. I really don't want my DP from someone other than Ed "Cookie" Rice. His products are too high quality to be associated with Pibb Xtra (bad). Besides, he's #1 in DP per-capita in Missouri 16 straight years!

And for the record, he pushes the heck out of Red Fusion (and gets it right!)

(And they didn't ask me for the pic, it has been there for a long time :D )

[ 08-16-2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

bigrich
08-16-2003, 10:24 PM
The picture has now vanished from their website, I wonder why?

Terry K
08-17-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
The picture has now vanished from their website, I wonder why?You mean this image?

http://www.cocacolaozarks.com/images/fridgepack.jpg

bigrich
08-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Opps, hit the wrong link.

ben
03-24-2004, 03:22 AM
i dont think there is a diet now that they have PIBB EXTRA (that is never been in my area so i never tried it)