PDA

View Full Version : Decaf DP in California

Terry K
08-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Is there any good reason that I can't find a decaf DP anywhere in the state of California? My local pepsi doesn't have it, and the coke guys who have DP outside my county don't either.

Suggestions? Anyone know where I can get just plain ol decaf DP in California?

teamtitan512
08-18-2003, 03:04 AM
I've found no one fools w/CF and CF Diet Dr Pepper except either strong Coke bottlers of DP (Swire I know does it, Consolidated does too), or 3rd tier bottlers.

Since most of CA is Coke controlled DP and the bottler being CCE, decaf Dr Pepper...forget it. CCE in its Dr Pepper markets seems to only fool w/regular, Diet, and until very recently..adding red fusion.

I'd say there's very little chance unless buying some over the internet you will find 3rd tier DP in CA, unless I don't know of a 3rd tier bottler producing or receiving DP in CA. I don't think CA is a strong Dr Pepper state, which also attributes to why I don't think CCE would add CF out there, just because it wouldn't be profitable.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-18-2003, 10:47 AM
hey terry you gotta go roll out to where the mormons are. that's why Swire has CF DP. Arizona, Utah, etc... heavy mormon areas where they can't have caffeine.

Gary C
08-18-2003, 01:39 PM
I noticed some decaf Diet Dr Pepper for the first time ever here in NJ. So, maybe there is hope to find it in other places now too. Now, if I could only find regular decaf Dr Pepper, I might actually buy it. I imagine if the store could get the diet stuff, they might also be able to order the regular.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-18-2003, 03:10 PM
decaf diet is becoming more popular. they have it across michigan regardless of who cans it, but there's still no regular. i might've seen regular on the west side of the state once, awhile back, made by american. your best bet would be to call dp's number. i think you can also order it from the original bottler down in texas in cases of cans!

i forget the website, someone in the know, please post it.

fusion
08-18-2003, 07:01 PM
CF Diet Pepper can be found in more markets than CF Pepper. Pepsi in Maryland bottles/cans CF diet, but no CF Pepper. Now the small indie Pepsi in eastern Maryland did bottle their own 2L CF Pepper, but since they've stopped bottling, the closest I can find CF is western Maryland, in RC Winchester territory.

It's about time CCE-NY started carrying CF Diet. People would ask me for it all the time. It sells really well in the Philadelphia area.

It's like Barq's Cream. It sells about 50%-75% less than the diet version. CCE Mid-Atlantic doesn't bother with either of them. I think Central only carries Red.

teamtitan512
08-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Central carries Barq's Root Beer and Red Creme.

Third-tier is pretty much the only way to find CF DP or CF DDP. PBG doesn't bother w/it here in Cumberland. Hagerstown it's pretty easy to find, but of course, it's RC Winchester.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-21-2003, 12:13 AM
american bottling produces decaf dp and it's available in michigan. you really gotta search but i asked a merch/sales guy and he said they have it.

Travel'n Jones
08-21-2003, 11:15 PM
I have never seen it up hear in the bay area. I need to check out that yumfoods place in SF though

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-22-2003, 11:01 PM
whoever has dp in your area, call them. they might have similar requests. it's what happened here. enough people requested diet dr p on the east side so coke started to make it in the metro detroit area. before, it was only available on the west side by abc.

Ron
09-12-2003, 08:15 PM
I have found diet decaf DP at Raley's Supermarket in El Sobrante, CA

DJ Brian
10-07-2003, 03:33 AM
in response to "It's like Barq's Cream. ... CCE Mid-Atlantic doesn't bother with either of them. I think Central only carries Red."

Coke of Northern New England runs Barqs French Vanilla Creme in 20 oz. and 2 liters. I have some here. Damn, it's sweet!

fusion
10-11-2003, 08:46 PM
CCE NY and Philadelphia Coke also sell Vanilla Creme, though I think only in 2L (Philly may have 6pk cans as well). Funny, the diet version always outsold the regular by 3 to 1.. Not unlike CF Pepper/CF Diet Pepper.

ben
03-24-2004, 04:39 AM
here in mami we only have dr.pepper and dr.pepper red fusion

Irishpepsi04
09-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
CCE NY and Philadelphia Coke also sell Vanilla Creme, though I think only in 2L (Philly may have 6pk cans as well). Funny, the diet version always outsold the regular by 3 to 1.. Not unlike CF Pepper/CF Diet Pepper. I like CF Dr Pepper. I occasionally drive out to Tri Cities just to buy a few 12-packs of CF Dr Pepper which is under Swire. Here in Western Washington, only Pepsi does CF diet Dr Pepper, diet Dr Pepper and Dr Pepper in all sizes. Brian