PDA

View Full Version : Deli Bottles(glass) in any size what is in your market?

SplitLevelP
11-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Which ones do you have and what size?

in our local store we have canada dry and polar.
if I drive about 40 min east Pepsi,Diet Pepsi and mist or ginger ale rotate as the third.about 1 1/2 away there is pop the soda shop soda.

drpep
11-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Earlier this year Sierra Mist was all over the Southern Tier of NY in deli bottles.

teamtitan512
11-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Here locally we only have Schweppes, Canada Dry and 7Up.

Yesterday I saw Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew ones.

XLS_03
11-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Here in RI we have Coke, diet Coke, and Sprite in the 10oz. glass bottles.

Also Canada Dry giner ale and tonic water too in the 10oz. glass bottles.

Terry K
11-11-2003, 05:41 AM
Other than the well known Mexican sodas (coke, pepsi, squirt, etc..), Outside of Canada Dry in 10 oz chubby glass bottles, I can get Vernors in Longnecks.

That's about all I Can find so far.

fusion
11-11-2003, 10:54 AM
I assume a deli bottle is a chubby 10ozer?

mixers -- Schweppes from Pepsi, Canada Dry from Canada Dry, Seagram's from Coke.

other -- Coke/Sprite/Diet Coke, 7-Up, Pepsi & Dew.

If you go down into central VA, they have coolers filled with 10oz. I remember seeing Mist, Dr Pepper, and others. I also bought Mello Yello in Kentucky.

I've also seen Dr Brown's here and there.

Chefdavis
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Two way to find where deli bottles are purchased.

1. Contact a bar supply store

2. Large hotels with banquet facilities generally use these bottles. Find out who their distributor is.

Cheer-wined
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
a topic worth reviving ....

Sundrop of Rocky Mount has Sundrop, Canada Dry ginger ale/tonic/soda

Durham Coca-Cola has Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Schweppes, Dr Pepper

Pepsi-Cola of Charlottesville (ZV) supplies local distributors with Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Sunkist orange, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, Schweppes

Also there is a 4th tier distributor who carries White Rock ginger ale/tonic/soda

Consolidated dropped the 10oz bottles last year when they introduced the 13.2 PET.

DJ Brian
02-05-2004, 04:04 PM
LE Farrell from Burlington VT runs Mt Dew, Pepsi, Sierra Mist, and depending on market 7up in 10oz deli glass.

teamtitan512
02-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Charlottesville? as in VA? I've never seen anything in their territory that has Sierra Mist, only 7Up still. Slice is their Orange as well as far as I've seen, and they don't have any Sunkist.

fusion
02-05-2004, 11:07 PM
I can't remember exactly where I was, but I do recall it was near Charlottesville, and I did see deli Mist. The Food Lions had lots of deli bottles, as did a convenience store I stopped at. I was in Central Coke territory, because I remember one of their trucks passing me on the road (I like to take in the scenery, so I drive slower).

[ 02-05-2004, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Cheer-wined
02-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Charlottesville? as in VA? I've never seen anything in their territory that has Sierra Mist, only 7Up still. Slice is their Orange as well as far as I've seen, and they don't have any Sunkist. I don't know what's distributed in Charlottesville, I was saying that Pepsi-Charlottesville (aka Pepsi of Central VA) bottles the 10oz that Pepsi distributors carry in NC. For example, the deli bottles in PBV and Pepsi-Charlotte territory are coded ZV which is Pepsi of Central VA.

teamtitan512
02-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Couldn't have been Charlottesville. Sierra Mist isn't even sold there. Pepsi of Central VA has 7Up. Staunton has Sierra Mist, but from Blue Ridge Bottling, bought from PBG.

Cheer-wined
02-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Couldn't have been Charlottesville. Sierra Mist isn't even sold there. Some bottlers make products that they don't distribute locally, but they sell it to other distributors. For example Independent makes Hires but Piedmont Cheerwine Distributing (both are part of Carolina Beverage) doesn't carry it. They sell Hires to a 4th tier distributor. I'd checked with the Charlottesville plant and they told me their code was ZV, so I believe those deli bottles are their products.

fusion
02-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Pepsi in Wilmington DE produced Dr Pepper, but doesn't sell it. Coke in Needham Heights produces Seagram's but doesn't sell it -- they ship it to the NY division, Philadelphia, and others.

golee1
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I thought Sierra Mist was distributed in Staunton by Dr Pepper (Halmor corp)? Anytime I see it it's in the Dr Pepper section. Here in Staunton we still have 10 ounze pepsi products. Central dropped the 10 ounce glass years ago.

teamtitan512
02-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I figured Charlottesville produced it, what I meant was it couldn't have been found around Charlottesville, because Pepsi sells 7Up anywhere near Charlottesville. I don't know what pepsi has downstate toward Lynchburg and Roanoke, which might receive product from Charlottesville. They might have SM, but I haven't been there in forever.

Hacksaw
02-11-2004, 06:56 PM
I still see the 10oz. glass at Hotels. There are also variuos size glass bottles in Mexican Food Stores, as well as Beverages & More, Cost Plus, and the Fry's in Fremont.

fusion
02-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Speaking of Halmor, do you know if they ever ordered any more Dublin Dr Pepper (the stuff made with real cane sugar!)? I was in the Staunton Super Wally about two years ago, and they had 3 rows of it on the shelf (the 8oz angle glass bottle 6pks). Subsequent trips by myself and others have had resulted in not finding any more of this fine soda.

golee1
02-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I haven't seen any.