PDA

View Full Version : Where are these private labels on East coast?

drpep
11-26-2003, 12:01 AM
I need help finding stores that carry the following private label Dr Pepper copies. I have been in supermarkets that had these private labels in all departments but beverage aisle.
Parade
Hytop
Red and White
Marquee Dr Thirst- This may be history with Fleming going bankrupt.
Have these been seen in the beverage aisle in NY,PA,MD,WV(eastern),VA,NC,SC,GA,FL,MA,CT?
I know they exist or existed because several Dr Pepper clone sites list them. I also think all but Marquee are from the same company, Federated.
How about others I may not know about?
I do have all or know of most from NY state and Pennsylvania and major retailers such as Wal Mart, Kroger, Food Lion etc that have outlets along the I-95 corridor. I'm looking more for regional independents and convenience store chains that have a Dr Pepper copy such as The Pantry's Dr Celeste.

Shatter
11-27-2003, 02:12 AM
I've seen Parade and HyTop sodas locally, but off the top of my head I can't remember the stores names. I'll check the area next day I have off.

Hey Dr Pepperman, can you give us a list of the Doctors you have? I've got a few odd ones around here, like Dr Stripes, Dr. Kist, Lotsa Dr Pop, and Dr. Bold. We can help you fill out your collection.

Cheer-wined
11-27-2003, 06:48 PM
You’re right, Parade, Hy-Top and Red & White are all Federated brands (http://www.fedgroup.com/about.htm )
Those brands used to be produced for various Federated divisions (National brands, Hy-Top, Red & White, etc.) out of Park Ridge, IL - maybe it’s still the same.

Our local equivalent of Fleming (except they’re not bankrupt…) around here is MDI based in Hickory, NC. They distribute Hy-Top brands in some of the Galaxy retail stores but I’ve never seen Hy-Top soft drinks. I’ll send them an e-mail to find out.

There are still a few Red & White-affiliated supermarkets in NC, mostly down east. In the past they carried Red & White branded products, don’t remember exactly about the drinks though. I should pass by a couple of those stores near Raleigh next week and I will check.

fusion
11-27-2003, 07:39 PM
All the Federated stores that I know of in Maryland are bankrupt (Valu Foods).. They carried at least 2 or 3 private label lines at all times from Federated.

Cheer-wined
12-01-2003, 12:49 AM
No luck, the Red & White only had "Our Family" brand, not their signature brand.

Cheer-wined
12-03-2003, 06:49 PM
came across this page
http://www.bacra.com/warehousebyregion.html

it has some distributor information re: Red&White and Marquee in NY.

drpep
12-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Shatter:
I've seen Parade and HyTop sodas locally, but off the top of my head I can't remember the stores names. I'll check the area next day I have off.

Hey Dr Pepperman, can you give us a list of the Doctors you have? I've got a few odd ones around here, like Dr Stripes, Dr. Kist, Lotsa Dr Pop, and Dr. Bold. We can help you fill out your collection. Geez, I don't think I could list them all. I do have Lotsa and Dr Bold. If it is a national chain with an East Coast presence than I should have it. As far as anything in Texas I'm sure I could use it. Stuff from Randalls or Minyards. H.E. *****, stores supplied by United.The best stuff you have is the glass Dr Pepper commemorative bottles. I like to find and pick the stuff up myself but going to Texas is just a dream now and even if I do get there who knows what stores may have gone out of business or changed the can design between now and if and when I get there. Someone with a board name of Dr Pepperman has to get to Waco and Dublin someday.

drpep
12-10-2003, 11:15 PM
I suppose Ass would get displayed.

drpep
12-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Why can ass be shown but not *****?

drpep
12-10-2003, 11:16 PM
how about butt?

drpep
12-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Okay. Ass is acceptable, butt is acceptable but not a store with the name B u t t s?
Whoops I guess the name is H E Butt not H E *****

[ 12-10-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

Mickeysquid
12-30-2003, 03:14 AM
In Southern NJ Dr POP is sold at Save-a-Lot stores

Mickeysquid
12-30-2003, 03:18 AM
Sorry to make double entry, but you also may wish to check with
Superior Beverage
One Main Street
Phoenixville , PA 19460
610-933-5881
610-983-0150

They are distributors in Pa, NJ, De and NY

I also remember a "Dr. Thunder" clone one chain grocer. Sorry I can't remember which, but this might catch the eye of someone who does know.