PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Blue... Gone since when????

ozone_GTX
05-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Im new here and i was reading a post and read that Pepsi Blue is gone. It was one of my favorite "weird" sodas (Blue, Remix, and the best, Vanilla Coke) I dont live in the states but the last time i was there in December i think i saw some. What gives?

mickstafa
05-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Well, because sadly enough, it didn't sell too well. I really liked the stuff, as it reminded me of Crystal Pepsi. I've got a 12 pack and 4 12 oz bottles left....

Shatter
05-06-2004, 05:11 AM
It was pulled off store shelves the day that Vanilla Pepsi was introduced. But some small stores who didn't have regular accounts with Pepsi would have had it for a while after. The store I stocked up at was a grocery closeout store that bought up all Pepsi's discontinued stock. And right after the Pepsi Blue went out of date and the stores got rid of them, the local store chain closed down. They were only open for a little over a year. It's almost as if the stores were open just so I could get my Pepsi Blue.

ozone_GTX
05-07-2004, 12:21 AM
And what's with the "Not So Vanilla" campaign? I mean, if you drink Vanilla Pepsi, wouldn't you want it to be vanilla? I wish Pepsi Blue stayed cause i already have Vanilla Coke on my list. Oh well...

mickstafa
05-07-2004, 11:07 AM
I think I actually like Vanilla Pepsi more than Vanilla Coke, which is suprising. One thing that people weren't to thrilled about when Vanilla Coke came out was that it was a weak vanilla taste, compared to a real vanilla coke (mixing vanilla flavoring with coke classic). Vanilla Pepsi, however has a very strong vanilla flavor to it.

I have no idea why they say "the not so vanilla" cola. I mean obviously it means that Pepsi isn't plain, but come on, if I want a vanilla pepsi, I want it so vanilla!!

Slogans on a whole are usually dumb. Remember Apple's "Think Different?" It should have been "Think Differently." Little things like that really irk me... lol ok...