PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Mello Yello Trip

melloyelloluver
06-28-2004, 05:34 PM
My main goal in this family vacation to Southeast was to look for any other Mello Yello flavor besides regular. But while I could find plenty of the regular Mello Yello I couldn't find any Melon, Afterglow, and not even a trace of Cherry. Man I can't belive coke would just drop all of these flavors. I think they are very stupid. If anybody has any of these flavors - or knows how to get them I would really appreciate it.

teamtitan512
06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Where were you in the Southeast exactly? Melon is gone from all of NC, and most of SC. The little stretch along I-95 in SC near the Coke border is United Coke, and they should still have Cherry and Melon. As for GA, I think it should still be there. It was last time someone was down that way. As for FL, I don't think any of the flavors were there to begin with from CCE.

melloyelloluver
06-28-2004, 06:55 PM
I went down from PA through North Carolina on I95 to Myrtle Beach S.C. I was just on the northern part of I95 in S.C. so I probably missed the part that had Cherry and Melon. Thanks for letting me know that they still make these flavors. I was getting worried.

drpep
06-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
The little stretch along I-95 in SC near the Coke border is United Coke, Where is this?
I went from Roanoke, VA (first place I ever saw the MY flavs) to Fort Lauderdale, FL with overnite stops in Concord, NC and Brunswick, GA, plus many stops in between, last month and never saw any MY flavors.

melloyelloluver
06-29-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm sad - maby coke did drop these Mello Yello flavors. I talked to a coke guy in Myrtle Beach and he said that coke doesn't make these flavors anymore. He said that coke is know consentrating on the Sprite Remix stuff. And I know somebody who tried to buy the stuff online and he said that they don't sell it anymore on the web. Dam shame - that Melon stuff was awesome - and I never even got a chance to try Afterglow. :(

teamtitan512
06-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Roanoke is Consolidated territory. They could still have Cherry and maybe Afterglow, but Consolidated is done w/Melon.

You might want to try CCE Tri-States in Columbus and Indianapolis, I know they had it before. I heard it was in Elizabethtown, TN as well. Knoxville, TN I've heard has them all, and the I-75 corridor from Knoxville to Chattanooga should. I've heard they're from Big Springs Coke out of Huntsville, AL. Coke United is most of the rest of Alabama, so they should be there. CCE in Atlanta does them I think too.

I don't think it's gone yet, I just think these flavors might be retreating a bit.

fusion
06-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Brunswick is United territory. I've looked around for a webpage for them, I guess they don't run one. Their phone number is 1-800-526-0390.

Maybe Tullahoma still has it. I emailed someone who lives near there to see if they had seen it lately, but they haven't seen it.

TT, you're probably thinking of Elizabethtown KY.. which is also part of Ennis Coke (Tullahoma).

[ 06-29-2004, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

manykats
07-08-2004, 07:11 PM
anybody know where i can find mello yello in pennsylvania im going there in about a month i'll be around the pittsburgh area

imawalkingcorpse
07-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know if this can be ordered from anywhere to be shipped?? Any info would help me immensely. Thanks Chris

melloyelloluver
07-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey manykats! I don't know about the Pittsburg area, but I do know they have plenty of Mello Yello here in the York PA area. They have it in all of the Rutters farm stores - which is the big convienence store in this area. I even know a few locations around York that have it there fountains - If you want to know. - Matt

melloyelloluver
07-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Chris, I myself have been having some problems getting the other Mello Yello flavors. I guess they don't carry it too much on the internet anymore. But I think Coke still makes some of it. Your best bet of finding the Mello Yello flavors would be by calling coke. But I dono, I havent called Coke yet.

teamtitan512
07-09-2004, 02:03 AM
CCE Eastern Great Lakes has Mello Yello in Fridge Packs, but not that many. York is Central Coke territory, and they have more of it than anywhere near Pittsburgh.

If you'll be near Pittsburgh, go south on I-79 into Consolidated territory. Greene County will have a lot of Mello Yello in 20 oz., 2L, and Fridge Packs, and I've seen 6 pack .5 liters. If you go down to Clarksburg (about 1 1/2 hours S of Pittsburgh), you might be able to wrestle up Cherry. That's the last place I saw it.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-09-2004, 06:42 PM
it's in most standard sets in michigan. not relaly so much pushed as just...sold. i dunno, i haven't had one in years. don't like citrus drinks like mountain dew or mellayella

manykats
07-10-2004, 01:55 AM
how about around the greensburg pennsylvania area do you know where they would sell mello yello around there?
where is york pa is that anywhere near greensburg?

teamtitan512
07-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Greensburg and York are far apart. They are both on US Rt. 30, but about 4 hours apart on 30.

Greensburg is in Westmoreland County, the county beside Pittsburgh. It's there, but only in Fridge Packs, maybe in 20 oz. in some spots. I know Giant Eagle next to Target in Greensburg does have it.

Mello Yello California
07-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey, count your blessings. While you guys are looking for obscure flavors, I would be happy with any Mello Yello. California's definitely not the place for it. I've never seen Cherry, Melon or Afterglow in my life. How's regular Mello Yello doing? It's slowly disappearing, I can't get it in Denver, anymore. What states have it?

Mello Yello California
07-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh, one more thing. You can buy Original, Cherry and Melon by 20 oz bottles and Fridge Packs of 12 at pwclub.com.

drpep
07-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Mello Yello California:
Oh, one more thing. You can buy Original, Cherry and Melon by 20 oz bottles and Fridge Packs of 12 at pwclub.com. Not according to several members who have tried.

manykats
07-15-2004, 07:28 PM
thanks team titan i'll try the giant eagle when im in pennsylvania maybe i'll find some and i can ship it home smile.gif

mello yello california you cant buy mello yello at pwclub anymore i've tried

manykats
07-18-2004, 01:26 AM
anybody know if you can buy mello yello in virginia?

fusion
07-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, it depends on what part of Virginia you're talking about. But I believe it is available in most of the state.

Virginia is mostly controlled by CCE, Coke Central, and Coke Consolidated. CCE has southeastern VA, and northern VA. Central's in the middle, and Consolidated has the southwest (roughly).

mellopepsiaw
07-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I was just at www.pwclub.com (http://www.pwclub.com) and went through the checkout to purchase a 12 pack of 12oz. Mello Yello. I didn't buy it though since my parents live in the Midwest and I'm having them ship me a 12 pack of Mello Yello to see how it compares with Piggly Wiggly's cost to ship the same.

mellopepsiaw
07-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Forgot to mention that shipping a 12 pack of Mello Yello can be pricey as you probably know already. It would have cost $9.07 total to ship one 12 pack to me.

MelloYelloo
08-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Went down to Georgia to visit family and also tried getting all flavors of Mello Yello. The good news was able to find plenty of the orginal Mello Yello everywhere. The bad news was that the other flavors (melon.cherry) are non existent. Tried everywhere from a large Walmart,to grocery stores,gas stations.
Was finally able to find a few bottles of Mello Yello Afterglow in one store that had misplaced a few bottles and took them all.
http://www.geocities.com/jadedxdx/melloyello.jpg

[ 08-22-2004, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: MelloYelloo ]

melloyelloluver
08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Good first post MelloYelloo. Wow! you were so lucky to find that Afterglow. On my trip to South Carolina this summer I coudn't even find a trace of Cherry, Melon, or Afterglow. Hopefully Coke will bring these flavors back to the southeast sometime soon.