PDA

View Full Version : CT area, need soda store location

blackflare
08-02-2004, 11:28 PM
I've recently gotten very interested in buying all sorts of different sodas, but wherever I go the shipping is astronomical. I can't afford 20$ shipping or whatever.

I'm looking for a store in connecticut I can drive to so I won't have to pay s/h. Does anyone know of a place with a variety of unusual drinks? What im most interested in is bawls guarana, ramune (glass marble thing), and older colas and things like the dublin dr pepper on sodaking or the mexican coke.

PhillySteve
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
For Ramune and Mexican Coke I suggest you try local asian and hispanic food markets. Bawls.com has an online locator. It's a favorite at internet cafes, you might be in luck if there any around you. Dublin Dr Pepper I don't think you'll be able to find in CT. From what I've heard its distribution is very limited to the south and online.

blackflare
08-03-2004, 11:23 AM
thanks a lot, I'll try that. I already went to the bawl's locater and it doesn't look too far.

fusion
08-03-2004, 12:58 PM
How about this?

http://www.bawlsgaming.com/bgcn.php?state=CT

I just plugged Connecticut Bawls into Google and came back with that hit and some other ones that looked good.

There are two distributors in CT:

Connecticut Beverage
182 Route 32 Franklin, CT 06254
Ph: 860-887-9297
Fx: 860-642-6689

Beverage Network of Connecticut
201 Pine Street
Bristol, CT 06010
Phone: 860 582 6251

Shatter
08-07-2004, 10:12 PM
For Bawls, just call up your local CompUSA. That's where I buy it at. A lot of the CompUSA stores in my area carry it, because it's really popular with hardcore gamers.

For Dublin Dr Pepper, just order it from www.drpep.com (http://www.drpep.com) and you'll pay $15 per 24 bottle case, plus $5 shipping. (When I checked the site a few months back, the cases were only $13.99). It's a pretty good price for a case.

Like PhillySteve said, check Korean/Vietnamese supermarkets for Ramune. That's where I find mine. Or even better, look online and see if you have an Anime store nearby, a lot of them stock Japanese snacks and drinks.

glassbottlesrule
08-07-2004, 10:25 PM
from Dublin, it's 15 for the case 5 for packageing and then shipping on top. For me in Michigan it works out to about 32 bucks a case total. It's good stuff but there's just too much other great product I can buy locally and support the little independent grocers around me.

sodasommelier
08-23-2004, 10:23 AM
If you like all that stuff alot one way to do it is to get a bunch of friends together and order a mixed pallet from the sodaking; they'll direct you to where it can be shipped without all the packing etc. There's still freight but it is much cheaper that way. Another idea is to find a store owner there who is cool and interested in making his place fun and get him to set up a soda shop or section in his store (or even a cooler in a gaming hall) and he can order that pallet and sell you your stash by the case. Lots of people do this creative sort of thing to get great sodas to areas that otherwise just have cans and plastic.

drpep
08-23-2004, 09:44 PM
www.beveragesdirect.com. (http://www.beveragesdirect.com.) Just about $20 with shipping for 12 longnecks.

zipper
08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Also try organic food stores. I can usually find a surprising selection of quality sodas at local specialty grocers. Avoid the chains tho, Whole Fuds rarely varies their selection.