PDA

View Full Version : Henry Weinhard's Black Cherry Cream

redcremesoda
09-13-2004, 01:10 AM
On my recent trip to Michigan while looking for Faygo in the 16oz glass bottles (which BTW, I found at the Meijer gas stations for $.89 a piece + $.10 deposit per bottle), I made a wonderful discovery.

I found Henry Weinhard's Black Cherry Cream Soda (YUM!) in a party store (A & L Party Store, $.89 a bottle + $.10 deposit) and a grocery store (Foster's, $.79 a bottle + $.10 deposit) in Lake City Michigan. This was a bit odd because a reply from Henry Weinhard's online told me that it was very hard to come by east of the Mississippi since they are based out of Oregon. The closest they claimed I would find it was in Minnesota. And I find it by accident in freakin' Lake City Michigan while on vacation!!!

They told me they'd charge me less if I bought it by the case and that if I wanted to, they could place a special order for me!!! :D :D :D

Anyway, had to share this. If you are lucky enough to find this and enjoy cream sodas, this one is fantastic.

Anyone else stumble across other sodas like this outside their "normal" distribution areas?

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
you could be running in an area where there is a strong miller distributor. henry weinhard's is owned by miller brewing. while they let them basically do whatever htey want, it's carried by miller distributors.

redcremesoda
09-17-2004, 03:20 PM
If that's the case, my friend works for a Miller distributor around Chicago. I'll ask him if this is something they could get. Thanks for the tip! smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-19-2004, 09:15 AM
miller distributors are huge in chicago, so i bet they would carry it.

sodasommelier
09-20-2004, 11:04 PM
You can get all the Henry's on the soda king. They send it all over; very popular in places that don't have a distributor

redcremesoda
09-21-2004, 02:10 PM
I tried it the first time ordering it from Soda King. But paying roughly $2 a bottle after shipping is a little steep for me.

At this point, it's not the "getting" that's the problem, it's the $$$ to support my glass bottled pop habit.

sodasommelier
09-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Well, it's money well spent until... you open your own soda store and you have to taste all of what you sell so you can decide what to offer... so then it's a tax writeoff!

You know, if you have a really voracious desire for sodas you can set up a pallet shipment and save a ton of money on freight. But even if you buy it retail in CA you will pay over $1 per bottle when you buy it by the 6pk in the supermarket. So it's not so bad when you consider it's not ever costing the can or 2L plastic type price in the first place smile.gif