PDA

View Full Version : 12 oz. Dew glass bottles

Dr. Galaga
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
I have been looking for Mountain Dew in glass bottles for my old Vendo Coke machine. I have heard that the glass bottles of Pepsi and Dew that you find in the US are from Mexico. Well I picked up some from a place that sells glass bottle drinks and it has the usual US deposit information (ME, VT, CT, MI, etc).
Does anyone know where it is sold in the US at the regular retail level? The code under the freshness date is: 1337WJ10114

Android
11-14-2004, 07:29 PM
What was the name of the bottler listed on the bottle cap? That WJ code on the side indicates West Jefferson, which happens to be a non-Pepsi Mountain Dew bottler, as they held the franchise before Pepsi bought Mountain Dew in 1964. That's West Jefferson, North Carolina.

By the way, decoding the rest of that code, reveals a fresh soda - bottled a little over a month ago, on October 11th 2004 at 1:37PM.

andy

Dr. Galaga
11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Yep, you're right. I looked everywhere BUT the bottle cap. "Bottled by Dr. Pepper Bottling Co., West Jefferson, NC."

DJ Brian
11-23-2004, 09:15 PM
the only other NON pepsi bottler who has Mt. Dew is RC Winchester, Virginia, conveniently off I-81 just south of PA/MD/WV. smile.gif