PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Find Dr Slice or other Slice flavors

jbundy
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm trying to find Dr Slice and any other slice flavors, if anyone knows where and if possible what chain of stores is carrying it.
Thanks

ithastabeshasta
12-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Dr Slice is available in western minnesota. I have been told it is also available in some St Louis locations but cannot verify this. I have some available email me. Slice Peach, Strawberry, Pineapple and Fruit Punch are (or were in Feb 2004) available in Texarkana Arkansas/Texas. I have been told that the brand will be killed by April 2005, but I have not confirmed this.

bigrich
12-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Pepsi-Cola in Davenport, IA did have DR Slice and a couple of other flavors bought from co-op WIS-PAK. WIS-PAK serves something like 33 independant Pepsi Bottlers. Their headquarters is in Watertown, WI. WIS-PAK may be able to tell you what flavors they can or bottle and which bottlers buy it. I know that Refreshment Services in Quincy, Decatur, & Terre Haute also buy from WIS-PAK.

[ 12-24-2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

DPDude
12-24-2004, 08:33 PM
I found Dr. Slice at Dillon's stores in Topeka, KS back in June. Dr. Slice is pretty rare.

teamtitan512
12-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Dr. Slice I believed was phased out by Mr. Green, Pepsi/Sobe's joint marketing ploy at a Pepper-clone that failed miserably. I know it replaced Dr. Slice in almost every market, but did Dr. Slice return?

Anything know anything about Mirinda? I once heard it was coming to tackle Fanta and replace Slice, but then never heard anything more. Anyone have any info?

Android
12-30-2004, 05:25 AM
I don't think Dr Slice returned - I was bopping around Pepsi's website the other day to see what spin they were putting on the new wild cherry stuff and the only Slice they mentioned was a re-formulated Orange, (which I've not seen anywhere) They also had something about Mirinda but I didn't look at it as I can't stand anything orange flavored.

jbundy
12-30-2004, 10:50 PM
http://www.canconnection.com/drslice.htm
Well I found this so it should be around somewhere and I know its sold in all the Subway's in Western Illinois out of the soda dispenser. So any help on any stores that might be carrying this product.
Thanks
Joe

Shatter
12-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Strawberry, Orange, Grape, and Strawberry Slice are available in southeastern Louisiana. I found it in Thibidoux and Houma earlier this year.

Mirinda is still here in the Dallas area, but just barely. When it first came out, it was in all the convenience stores, but now hardly any of them carry it, and when they do, it's usually just a couple flavors, not all four.

Coke tried something in this area early in the year called Mifruta (from Minute Maid). It was a non-carbonated drink line aimed at the large hispanic population here. Kind of like a Mexican Fruitopia line. But it looks like they only made one batch of 20 oz. bottles. Once the first batch expired, they were gone forever. I believe there were only three or four flavors. It looks like we were a test market for it, and it obviously didn't do too well. We were also a test market a couple years ago for Kuat, a South American quarana style drink, that also came and went without hardly anyone noticing.

ithastabeshasta
12-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Dr Slice is alive and well in western Minnesota in and around the town of Willmar. I purchase 12 cases in December 2004. www.canconnection.com (http://www.canconnection.com) is my website I do offer it for sale there or I will trade can for can for odd/interesting sodas from areas other than Minnesota.

teamtitan512
01-01-2005, 01:44 AM
We have Orange and Diet Orange Slice locally. Grape has appeared in 20 oz. in Central Pennsylvania, but other than that, Pepsi has nothing here. Our Pepper-less Pepsi zones just have nothing now, they all had Mr. Green before that. Dr. Slice has never been sold in the Mid-Atlantic at any point that I'm aware of.

SplitLevelP
01-03-2005, 01:35 PM
orange slice is in Utica,NY area

jbundy
01-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Grape Slice is now being sold in Metro East St Louis Area (Illinois) at convenience stores in bottles and at local grocery in 12 pack fridge mates. Still haven't found any others and I'm still looking for a good source for Dr. Slice.
Also, orange slice is all over the place, but I'm not really looking for it.

Red Fusion RoX
02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
There is NO Slice in Utah whatsoever. I don't think I have ever even seen something Slice other than Orange, and that was a while ago. I wonder why they're not making Dr Slice anymore?

ithastabeshasta
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I wonder why they're not making Dr Slice anymore? [/QB]Dr Slice is still available in a few areas one of them is west central Minnesota and I belive somewhere in Iowa.

teamtitan512
02-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Does Pepsi bottle Crush or Sunkist? If so, that's why there's no Slice in UT.

ardecila
03-27-2005, 01:54 AM
I've found Dr Slice in St Louis, at Crown Candy. Rather crowded at times, but they do sell the stuff, and I love it.

gregmech26
03-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Strawberry slice sounds interesting!

Shatter
04-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I know that Pepsi bottles Crush in certain areas (Southern Louisiana), and that they don't bottle any Slice there. It's an area that Pepsi distributes Dr Pepper. But not too far north (Lafayette), Coke bottles Sunkist Pineapple, Grape, and Strawberry.

ithastabeshasta
04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
It appears that Cheerwine will be the replacement for Dr Slice in the Minnesota market. I just purchased Cheerwine in my local grocery store which was packed by Wis-Pak, which was the bottler for Dr Slice. My local Pepsi distributer has several divisions and one of them still ran Dr Slice earlier this year but I fear that the Dr has been killed off. Up until today I had never seen Cheerwine anywhere in Minnesota, funny thing is it tasted different than the Cheerwine I have had in the past, much more pronounced cherry? flavor.

TashaR
06-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I live in SW Illinois (outside of St. Louis) and here is where we have been able to find Dr. Slice -
Belleville - Imos Pizza, Subway
Edwardsville - Imos Pizza, Subway
Collinsville - Imos Pizza
Granite City - Vin Hoa

TashaR
06-14-2005, 11:25 AM
my husband also said that he found the fountain Dr. Slice at the Swansea Schuncks and at the Mobil gas station between 159 and 161. lol!

Darren
07-12-2005, 01:29 AM
If anyone can send me a 12 pack or some other form of Dr. Slice, please e-mail me at: nunofreak@gmail.com Thank you!

Look In The Tunk
07-12-2005, 01:42 AM
sodafinder.com has Dr. Slice still...although its getting harder and harder for Brian [the guy who runs the site] to get it ('cause aren't they discontinuing it?) , so it might cost you a pretty penny.

mjb1124
07-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Maybe they'll come out with Dr Twister now. Or perhaps Dr Dew. smile.gif

[ 07-12-2005, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

Dewman1979
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I Love orange slice, and was never fortunate enough to try other slice flavors

Stacey
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I remember Apple Slice when I was a teen. There was a gas station that had a slice pop machine, had a lot of the varieties like orange, strawberry, grape, regular, apple. I never recalled Dr Slice but I never liked Dr Pepper type pop so maybe I pushed it out of my mind. smile.gif

Anyways, I remember Apple Slice was great!

fusion
10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I found Strawberry and Peach Slice in Paragould Arkansas. But the store only had a few of each left, produced by PepsiAmericas in Collierville TN.

sirslash
10-17-2005, 03:16 AM
about 4 months ago slice was totally wiped out of most of michigan with Tropicana Twister Soda... its not nearly as good as slice and hasnt sold as well either!