PDA

View Full Version : Barq's Red Cream Soda

Darren
05-20-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm looking for Barq's Red Cream soda, can anyone help me? I've actually never had this drink, but I've heard good things and I love cream sodas. If someone can obtain this product, I'd happily pay you for it and give you some extra money for helping me out. Thanks in advance.

If you have had Barq's Red Cream soda, post your reviews, I'm curious...

bigrich
05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
You should be able to find it right there in Central Illinois. Most of your CCE Coca-Cola product in cans comes from (HO), Indianapolis. It is everywhere here. It has bigger displays than the Root Beer here. I know Champaign & Danville receive cans from Indianapolis. Bloomington & Peoria receive most of their cans from Alsip, IL. I am not sure if Alsip runs it but Niles, IL does.

[ 05-20-2005, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

SPLASTiK
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
It's just about everywhere here in Canada.

I'll mail you some if you mail me something... like Cool Mountain.

keith1024
05-20-2005, 02:09 PM
I can get it for you in either 20oz, 12oz, or 2 Liters. Let me know if you need any.

Darren
05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
That's weird, because I've never seen it anywhere in Illinois. I asked my Coca-Cola distributor about it and he couldn't get me any either.

Keith - I sent you an e-mail through this site. Thanks for helping me out.

redcremesoda
05-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Drive up to the Chicago area. I've seen it all around, particularly at Jewel grocery stores. IMO, well worth the trip to try it and then stock up.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
man that stuff is all over indiana. you can't excape from it. they even have the diet stuff too.

Darren
06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks to Keith I got my 12 pack of Barq's Red Creme Soda today! I just tried it for the first time - thumbs up! Has a slightly more creamy taste than Big Red, which I like too. Thanks again Keith!

Cheerwinelover
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Keith,
Hi. I would like to purchase some as well. Can you help me out? Thanks,
Jacob

Hacksaw
06-05-2005, 01:13 AM
You can order Barq's Red Cream at:
http://www.cincinnati-to-you.com/

The Interpreter
06-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, for just less than $30US a case plus shipping.

Sheesh.

whotony
06-05-2005, 09:46 PM
i'd love to have some red creme, but $30 plus shipping?

Look In The Tunk
06-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd love to order soda on the computer, but shipping is a problem every time.

It's just not worth it :( .

[ 06-05-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: TheConnieVandelayShow ]

whotony
11-23-2006, 01:02 AM
i was in altoona pa last week and ended up in a gas station grocery/conveniance store.

they had barq's red cream 20 oz bottles for 1.29

oh right the store was called SHEETZ

[ 11-23-2006, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: whotony ]

jerr2429
11-23-2006, 10:29 AM
the wegmans in scranton pa has barqs red cream in 12 packs.

whotony
06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
world of coke in atlanta has all the barq's red cream you can drink in one of the tasting fountains

amyers
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Really? At the new world of Coke? I didn't see it.

whotony
06-21-2007, 12:18 PM
yep just there last week was on the america or north america one after all the other countries

jwcbet
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know the closest place to find Barq's Red Creme Soda to the Washington DC area? I love Red Creme, and grew up on Fanta, and know it's no longer available, and the only substitute I've found so far has been Big Red and Arq's, but they are next to impossible to find in the DC area. Any help is appreciated!!

fusion
07-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Western Pennsylvania. I've seen it in Somerset, right off the turnpike - in a Sheetz, like someone else posted.

jbird
02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I was surprised to find Barq's Red Cream on tap and refillable at Pompeii Bakery in downtown Chicago. They have a few Chicagoland locations, some have waiters and some are fast food. The one I went to is on Dearborn. They have a website. Their pizza and salad is good. The Loop locations were only open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. but I would think other locations might serve dinner.

Tech_Guy
02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Barq's Red Cream is mostly available in Western Pennsylvania as is Big Red, Diet Big Red, and Dad's Red Cream. Coverage is spotty in some areas, so if you can't find it in one place, it is available in another. Barq's Red Cream (and Tab) is one of the only non-mainstream Coke products Western Pennsylvania has.

Sheetz Convenience Stores has it in 20oz
Some Walmarts have it in 12 packs and 2 Liters
Some grocery stores have it, as I said, coverage is spotty

Like every other red cream soda, Barq's has this "taste" to it. I can see how people can say it is bubblegum or citrus, but is that really it?

liquidlunch
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I've never even heard of Red Cream. Does it taste like Root beer?

Tech_Guy
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Far from it. Red Cream doesn't even taste like regular clear, caramel colored, or blue cream sodas.

Faygo has "Rock & Rye" which is a red cream of sorts. They call it a "Cream Cola" (I am sure I am misspelling Cream here). So that bubblegum/citrus "taste" present must be a cola taste (??) I am not sure. But it is different tasting. The best way I can describe the taste is a bubblegummish-citrus taste added to a vanilla cream soda.

Of all the red creams I have ever tried, Faygo's Rock & Rye seems to have the definitive red cream soda taste. Following that seems to be Barq's, Dad's, then Big Red. I find Big Red too bland to be even drinkable. This is just my opinion, everyone's tastes are different. This list is just my interpretation.

ilikesoda
03-09-2008, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know the closest place to find Barq's Red Creme Soda to the Washington DC area? I love Red Creme, and grew up on Fanta, and know it's no longer available, and the only substitute I've found so far has been Big Red and Arq's, but they are next to impossible to find in the DC area. Any help is appreciated!!

yeah, one place that had it in the past was in bethesda, md, its a woman's market that is on wisconsin and old georgetown that has a lunch line and one place in there sells it in cans. the next closet place would be to take rt 66 out towards front royal, va and there are a few supermarkets out there that carry it in fridgepacks - you can also get cheerwine and mello yello --last i did this drive was a year ago so id make some calls first

jwcbet
06-09-2008, 05:39 PM
yeah, one place that had it in the past was in bethesda, md, its a woman's market that is on wisconsin and old georgetown that has a lunch line and one place in there sells it in cans. the next closet place would be to take rt 66 out towards front royal, va and there are a few supermarkets out there that carry it in fridgepacks - you can also get cheerwine and mello yello --last i did this drive was a year ago so id make some calls first

If you can remember the names of any locations it would be appreciated. I'm willing to make the drive to get a few cases for the summer. :)

klikmaus
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I am a HUGE fan of Barq's-- it's the BEST root beer, and back in the mid-80's they had "Barq's Blue Creme Soda" which I still can not fathom why it was discontinued. No other blue cream soda has ever measured up to Braq's concoction.

whotony
08-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Anyone ever see Barqs red in Kissimmee florida?

fusion
08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Naah, you'd have to go west to find it. Maybe MS? LA?

whotony
08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Big Red is sold down here but that is bitter compared to Barqs

fusion
08-14-2013, 08:47 PM
What about Red Flash? Is that still around? I found it in the panhandle when I was there many years ago.