PDA

View Full Version : Road trip Through Tennessee

glassbottlesrule
06-05-2005, 09:03 PM
This is probably a question for Cheerwined. Headed through Tenn. in the next couple of weeks. Going to do most of the state and was wondering whereabouts I can pick up Double Cola in the 16 ounce refillable bottles? Is it like other bottlers where I have to exchange empties to get them. I want to pick up a couple case as well as some glass Cheerwine if I get lucky.

bigrich
06-06-2005, 12:14 AM
There is no more Double Cola in Kentucky or Tenn. The Greenburg bottler went out of business last year. You might see different things from some different Coke bottlers. I believe CCE, Consolidated, & United serve various parts of the state.

[ 06-05-2005, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

OSpencerO
06-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I've never seen Double Cola in TN. and that is sad since it started in Chattanooga and I love Double Cola. The last time I had A Double Cola was many years ago when I was in Alabama.

You could ask Double Cola here is the email address.
info@double-cola.com
I'm going to email them and find out, A Double Cola sounds good. smile.gif

Spencer

wonkapete
06-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Those are some good sodas
http://photos14.flickr.com/17831718_3125835381.jpg?v=0

The Interpreter
06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
I never liked Double Cola...the proposition was that you got eight bottles in a carton for the price that everyone else sold six. To my tastebuds, those eight bottles had the same amount of syrup that everyone else's six did! Can you say watered down?

BottleBoss
06-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I get them from Catawissa Bottling. It sounds like a dieing brand though. I hope not. I think they taste great.

glassbottlesrule
06-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I can still pick up Double Cola in cans around Chattanooga right? I settle for cans if I cannot get the refillables. I love this stuff it's much drier abd not as sweet as the big two.

Cheer-wined
06-15-2005, 12:28 AM
I bought some Double Cola at the Bi-Lo in Ooltewah (north of Chattanooga) last October. Cans (maybe PET too, don't remember) from Cardinal Bevs. (Cott) of Elizabethtown KY. Haven't seen glass DC in TN in many years.

I have also seen it in 12packs in Food Lion stores in Chattanooga (the one off Hwy 58 going towards Harrison has it).

It's not easy to find ... the nearest grocery store to Double Cola's HQ doesn't even carry it. There is a small deli on the ground floor of their office building that sells cans of all their brands including Jumbo and Ski.

[ 06-14-2005, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]