PDA

View Full Version : how are soft drinks made?

donf3lipe
06-14-2005, 02:11 AM
anyone here knows how soft drinks are made. im really curious to know specifically BAWLS or SOBE or your average soft drink.

thanks

The Interpreter
06-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Google is your friend. Websites are out there everywhere. Anything not public is a trade secret you won't find discussed here.

Happy hunting!

NRGChick
06-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Carefully! ;)

donf3lipe
06-14-2005, 05:25 PM
haha, yeah thats the hard part. i have google...but finding the right site is a royal pain in the ass

Mr Zabe
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
From what I have seen and read, soft drinks and or other drinks are made in batches in order to maintain quality control.

I do not fully understand how pop gets the carbonation added or if certain ingredients need to be heated. In general ingredients are added to a large vat (container) of water which is stirred and brought to a certain pressure.

Then when the batch is fully mixed,brought to the right pressure and carbination,....a test sample is analyzed and taste tested in a lab. If the sample meets all standards the batch is then bottled or canned.

This is a rather basic explanation of the process of making pop and or other drinks.

[ 06-14-2005, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Outsane
07-28-2005, 11:37 AM
VEEEERRRRYYYY Carefully. I own a company in MI that makes sodas, energy drinks, beer, and liqours. With anything else you start with a recipe. Weigh out ingredients and get them ready. Use water (preferably hot) to mix the ingredients such as, color, flavor, extracts (energy), and so on. Once that is mixed you cut it with the proper amount of water per recipe. Chill the mixture and begin carbonation. There are a few ways to carbonate, but im not getting into that. Once the proper carbonation level is reached, its tested to make sure it meets the standards. Then its sent to our filler. We will empy 100 BBL of product into 12 oz bottles (which we label ourself), case and seal them in about 4 and a 1/2 hours (160 BPM). Pretty neat process actually.

Peter