PDA

View Full Version : Mello Yello Melon

MYM
07-17-2005, 01:21 AM
I am desperately looking for some Mello Yello Melon. Does anyone know how I can find some? Please?

MYM

SURGE
07-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Mello Yello Melon was unfortunatly discontinued awhile back.

Mello Yello Luver
10-31-2005, 10:24 AM
It looks like Melon is officialy gone. All the soda-sites have run out. Hopefully it returns someday. It was a great soda.

[ 11-02-2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

MISTICman
10-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I wish you could get that through the thick heads of my store's corporate office. Each time we change the price of Coke Products, we get Mello Yello Melon AND Cherry tags.

Speaking of Mello Yello, I think it's weird that in the Wilmington, NC area that Coke carries BOTH Sun Drop AND Mello Yello. In one brand new store, Sun Drop 2L bottles had more shelf space than 2L Coke Classic! INTERESTING....lol

iluvsurge220
10-31-2005, 03:31 PM
I wish they still had Mello Yello Cherry and Afterglow. I didn't care too much for Melon as I am not a big fan of melon flavored things.

craz22
02-08-2006, 12:54 PM
BIG mistake in distribution...Mello Yello and their flavor extension were never given a chance. I swear i never saw a bottle of Cherry Melon or after glow west of the Mississippi. After Glow ROCKED!

bigrich
02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
It appears Coke left the Mello Flavors up to the local bottlers and it was hit or miss who had them. I stocked up when ever I spotted some. I remember seeing product from Coke United, Huntsville Coke, CCE Indianapolis, CCE Eagan, CCE St. Louis, & CCE Cleveland, TN. I heard Consolidated had it. CCE Indianapolis made the flavors but never sold any in their own territory. That is the kind of stupid things Coke does to get a product to fail.

fusion
02-09-2006, 03:39 AM
CCE Cincinnati produced them as well, from what I remember.

I guess time will tell if they attempt any Vault extensions.

Cheer-wined
02-10-2006, 08:50 PM
CCE Cleveland TN was the last one making it that I remember. Theirs ran out about 2 years ago.

imawalkingcorpse
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
It appears Coke left the Mello Flavors up to the local bottlers and it was hit or miss who had them. I stocked up when ever I spotted some. I remember seeing product from Coke United, Huntsville Coke, CCE Indianapolis, CCE Eagan, CCE St. Louis, & CCE Cleveland, TN. I heard Consolidated had it. CCE Indianapolis made the flavors but never sold any in their own territory. That is the kind of stupid things Coke does to get a product to fail. EXACTLY I was so **** dissapointed to see that stuff was out but never available here in KC.

SURGE
03-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I think the problem with these extensions was that they simply launched too many of them too quickly. Yello as a brand is simply to weak to make it worth having spots in store for reg, mellon, cherry, afterglow, and maybe diet. They also canabalized the hell out of eacho ther and regular MY- and since they had no advertising they took litter share from the competition. It seems kinda bizzare that Coke put all the money into the formulation and packagining and then choose to let them die a slow death. Perhaps a yearly flavor would have been a better idea.

Either way this serves as a perfect example for the folks who say that Coke has no idea how to launch a new product. IMHO Pepsi would have done a far better job.

It would be great to see a mellon Vault though so lets hope it happens.

Mr Zabe
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Well said. smile.gif