PDA

View Full Version : BLAK

Ron
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Anyone know where this new Coke product will first be available?
Coke + coffee. Does that sound good?

qfonchey
12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
It will ship first in January in France, then roll out in other markets, including the US, after that. The current version tastes like, according to early testers, a cross between Coca Cola's C2 and fresh Peet's coffehouse coffee ice cold. It has a froth like real coffee but is light tasting like C2 and ships in a new aluminum bottle shaped like the old style glass coke bottles. Coke will change the formulation for local tastes so the one shipping in France may not taste like what finally ends up in the US.

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Localizing the taste... you mean... making it worse?

Just kidding, I'm just still bitter about Fanta's American localization. What else is new.

SEV redface.gif

Nick Laugher
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Think there's any way I could get a sample of this to review now instead of waiting 12 months for it to arrive here (if it even does) ?

[ 12-11-2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Nick Laugher ]

Mr Zabe
12-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Knowing Coca Cola's track record with rolling out new brands,I can guess that this new coffee soda does not get a national roll out for at least two years. IMO Coke will roll it out like Vault,do some extensive test marketing than make use wait until we cry wolf. LOL

qfonchey
12-11-2005, 08:55 PM
>Think there's any way I could get a sample of >this to review now instead of waiting 12 months >for it to arrive here (if it even does) ?

Actually, some of the testing samples have been popping up on E-bay over the past couple of weeks.