PDA

View Full Version : Coke with sugar in Charlotte?

ByronicQuest
12-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Anybody know where I could get Coke without High Fructose Corn Syrup in Charlotte, NC? Please? tongue.gif

Mr Zabe
12-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Try going to a local Mexican food & fruit market.
I'll bet good money that these stores if there are any by you will have some great tasty glass coke from Mexico made with 100% cain sugar. You might find Coke for +/- $1.25 a bottle.

[ 12-23-2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ByronicQuest
12-23-2005, 02:49 PM
OMG! smile.gif Just found real sugar Cheerwine at a local grocery! Forget real sugar Coke, this is Nirvana!

I figured non-HFCS Cheerwine was a total no-go, but there's even a message on the side of the bottle that says "real sugar"! I think I did a happy dance right there in the refrigerated drinks aisle of Reid's!

And Mr Zabe, even though it was Cheerwine, you were dead on about the price. $1.25!

drpep
12-23-2005, 07:02 PM
You should have no trouble finding Cheerwine with real sugar in any gas station in Concord or Salisbury.

Cokeologist
12-24-2005, 05:32 AM
There is a Mexican grocery in the small shopping center on Monroe Road just off Pineville-Matthews Road (same shopping center with the Tsing Tao Chinese restaurant). I get Mexican Coke all the time there, both 350ml and 500ml sizes.

ByronicQuest
12-24-2005, 10:22 AM
General question, then. Is the Mexican Coke still all non-HFCS?

I've seen a lot of info on this board and at other places online that makes me wonder if it is, since NAFTA has apparently made it cheaper for the Mexican bottlers to use HFCS too. So I'm confused ...

Also, drpep, the Cheerwine with sugar in the Salisbury/Concord area - is it just the stuff in glass bottles that I should look for?

[ 12-24-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: ByronicQuest ]

drpep
12-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes, just the glass bottles. There is a BP in Salisbury off 85, I forget the exit number, it's the one after exit 74 for Rt 52 east if you are heading north. Go east after exiting and the BP is about a 1/4 mile on the left just after the road splits. They have a bunch of bottles from West Jefferson Dr Pepper including Nehi, RC with cane sugar and Sundrop, but no Dr Pepper in bottles. Stacks and stacks of 12 pack sodas too. Also behind the store is the Spee Dee Mart with a selection of soda that may be of interest.
Concord has the Checker Mart. I can drive there but don't know how to give directions. It is on Church Street. They have a nice selection of WJ product, but again no Dr Pepper.
Anyways, Cheerwine in glass with pure cane sugar should be easy to find in most c-stores in Cabarrus County, Walmart even has 6 packs.

stonedwookie
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
i would try to avoid mexican food and drink produce not becuase im racist.
just ive heard there water quality isnt really at the best standards so i have health conerns about drinking or eating any products from there.

01GTB
01-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't think you have to worry about that. The Coke bottler isn't pumping the water out of the local drainage ditch :D

Mr Zabe
01-27-2006, 07:08 PM
LMAO!

bigrich
01-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Mexico has tougher Pure Food & Beverage Laws than the US. If it is packaged, it is safe. (Unless it is outdated). That does not make it safe to eat a local establishments in Mexico.

[ 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

ramonazo
01-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Stonedwookie... you don't have to worry, I've tried the mexican Coke all my life and I didn't had a problem, and if you come to Mexico, a lot of restaurants, specially big chains like Sanborn's, Vips, Los Bisquets Obregon, and of course McDonalds, Burger King, Domino's, etc. fulfill the healthy department requirements.. and bigrich is right, avoid eating food in little dirty restaurants or in establishments of tacos in the street... like this one:

http://blogs.ya.com/sobrevivir-en-mexico/files/puesto_de_tacos.jpg

[ 01-28-2006, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]