PDA

View Full Version : outlets for sugar-only drinks and Squirt in NYC area

RBCRM
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi all,

I found this board yesterday and I'm enjoying reading all the threads. Not too long ago, I discovered Dublin Dr Pepper (there's a long story behind this that has nothing to do with soft drinks, so contact me if you want to know) and the difference between sugar and HFCS.

Since last summer, I've been ordering a case of soda every month or two on average from Dublin Dr Pepper, retrosoda.com, and now I just placed my first order with vintageford.com. I haven't actually completed an order with sodaking.com, but it's not for lack of trying. I love the full line of West Jefferson products, but it gets expensive to have everything shipped to New York.

It seems nearly impossible to find decent soda in stores here in the suburbs. Ironically, one of the places I'd least expect to find something good has become a pretty reliable source for decent products. Target carries Jones flavors that I like (despite using HFCS) and Goose Island Root Beer with real sugar.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction to find a wider selection of soda in my area, I'd really appreciate it. I don't mind going into the city, but I'd need a specific location. I'm not going to drive into New York just to look around and possibly go home disappointed.

Specifically, I like to try any and all kinds of Root Beer and Cream, Dr Pepper, Squirt, and Mountain Dew. I also love all the Moxie flavors. For Squirt, I'd even settle for the modern HFCS version, because no distributor in my area delivers it. We can get Fresca, but not Squirt. It's a travesty.

Thanks for your help.

SplitLevelP
01-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Well if u are in the NYC metro You can find Coke in longneck glass with sugar in the mexican grocery shoppes in Yonkers.

fusion
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Any international food stores would probably be a good start.

doug1885
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
>I love the full line of West Jefferson products, but it gets expensive to have everything shipped to New York.

I've found the best way to get West Jefferson products is via beveragesdirect.com. Considerably lower shipping costs.

(Welcome to the club!)

-Doug