PDA

View Full Version : retro glass bottle distributors?

apdato
02-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Is there a distributor of national sodas like Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Frostie, Moxie, Dublin Dr. Pepper in retro glass bottles around Chicago? I've looked at www.retrosoda.com (http://www.retrosoda.com) but their prices are too expensive for resale and they don't have a great selection.

Dr. Galaga
02-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry, I think that is the best you are going to get unless you buy a few pallets from the bottlers and have it trucked (or you pick it up). After you price that you'll see why it is so expensive!

bardsny
02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Dear apdato: I am retrosoda.com and I believe we have a good selection of sodas to offer since we carry all the ones you list except Pepsi which is not bottled any longer in glass in the USA. We pride ourselves in selling soda made in the USA and do our best to find those old retro soda flavors of yesteryear made with pure cane sugar. We also carry Chicago favorites such as Filberts, Stewarts and Green River. As far as pricing we are competively priced and pay greatly for freight into Chicago.We have bottlers from coast to coast bottling for us and weight and distance plays a big factor in costs. We do wholesale pricing on quantity purchases but you would have to pick up to save the freight costs or wind up paying double shipping costs.