PDA

View Full Version : Kosher Coke in the Wilmington, DE area

Doug
04-02-2006, 03:05 AM
I'll also branch out to middle Delaware and Philadelphia because I travel there occasionally

Doug
04-05-2006, 12:57 AM
anyone?

DudeMan
04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Coke is Kosher, everywhere. For Passover, they just add "kosher for Passover" stickers on the caps but they are all from the same production.

whotony
02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
any this year.

ilikesoda
02-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Coke is Kosher, everywhere. For Passover, they just add "kosher for Passover" stickers on the caps but they are all from the same production.

dudeman -- while yes you are right that coke is always kosher, you are wrong that all they do for passover is change the sticker and its all of a sudden kosher for passover and from the same run. During passover, Coke (notated by the yellow caps) and pepsi (usually a while cap that has the letters ORB on it) change the formulation and make their product with sugar (or sucrose) instead of HFCS. It is a far superior product than the garbage we are forced to drink the rest of the year. I believe cleveland is the only market that uses sucrose year round in all coke products. lucky them!! :( but no -- i don't think its out yet, prob about mid march -- maybe a bit sooner. stock up while you can. and if anyone is interested, let me know and i can explain the silly reasons as to why no HFCS is allowed on passover. I just figured this post was long enough.

Mr Zabe
02-12-2008, 02:43 AM
dudeman -- while yes you are right that coke is always kosher, you are wrong that all they do for passover is change the sticker and its all of a sudden kosher for passover and from the same run. During passover, Coke (notated by the yellow caps) and pepsi (usually a while cap that has the letters ORB on it) change the formulation and make their product with sugar (or sucrose) instead of HFCS. It is a far superior product than the garbage we are forced to drink the rest of the year. I believe cleveland is the only market that uses sucrose year round in all coke products. lucky them!! :( but no -- i don't think its out yet, prob about mid march -- maybe a bit sooner. stock up while you can. and if anyone is interested, let me know and i can explain the silly reasons as to why no HFCS is allowed on passover. I just figured this post was long enough.
Well said. I'm a member of the tribe too.:)

fusion
02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Abarta Coke also uses sucrose in colas in their Bethlehem PA production facility. But not 100% of the time, so you have to check the packaging to make sure.

liquidlunch
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Very interesting. But I will say there's something special about the taste of coke and if that means the HFCS is part of the magic, then so be it. Does the sucrose kind really taste better? Again, I like the original flavor, even if it some HFCS is involved.

Mr Zabe
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I guess it's a matter of one's age. LOL
Cane sugar Coca Cola is the holy bench mark of
ALL carbonated soda pops. :) I love Peps HFCS but
Coca Cola cane sugar rocks my socks. YUM

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
When does KFP coke/pepsi start appearing in the chicago area? I plan on being in chicago on march 15th..

Mr Zabe
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
It usually appears a week before Passover.
To be safe I would try a few days before Passover.
Supplies tend to sell out fast.

liquidlunch
02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
So glad you're with me on the yumminess of an HFCS-containing Pepsi, Mr Zabe. Mmm, want some right now.

rollntider
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
i think cane sugar tastes better, i do like the HFCS sodas, but if I had a choice i would get the sucrose ones over HFCS because i like it.

Bigjon9981
02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
When is passover this year??

fusion
02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
When is Passover in 2008? - When-Is.com (http://www.when-is.com/passover-2008.asp)

According to that site, April 20th.

UncleBob
02-22-2008, 12:29 AM
So, the best time to start looking for real Coke/Pepsi is gonna be around the 2nd week of April?

Hmm... I want some now.

liquidlunch
02-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Hah, I love that "When Is" site. They should consider a new chapter called "When Is it everyone's birthday that I forget."

Eh, I hear ya rollntider. But it can't be that bad to have one or two every now and again, eh?

jodoco
03-25-2008, 06:02 AM
We can only get 2 liters and only at one store. I usually call my local distributor and ask them when they'll be delivering. I found that the 2 liters don't keep well (I was trying to stock up the for year). Last year I was determined to find kosher cans. We drove 3 hours to northern Chicago to buy from Osco. Just finished up the last of the stock. :D Time to replenish!

amyers
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Found yellow-capped Coke and Diet Coke at one of the Krogers that was listed on the "Kosher Eating in Atlanta" website, looks like I bought the last of them too.

All the stock behind it was about 20 days later as far a expire date, so I bought all 5 or 6 they had.

whotony
04-26-2008, 02:21 AM
so i was speaking with a coke sales rep the other day and he told me only a few stores
in the philly area ordered any kosher coke.
a couple of shop rites in jersey and one or 2 store in philly.

he did tell me that mexican coke is easy to find and he was right.
Exxon has it.

i found it at the exxon on 5 points in Aston.