PDA

View Full Version : Moxie Cherry, Bubble Up in Minnesota?

Silencio
05-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Help please! Can anyone kindly tell me where I can buy Moxie Cherry Cola, Bubble Up with real sugar and Boylan's Kane Cola in Minnesota, preferably the Twin Cities area? Thanks so much.

Dr. Galaga
05-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Try Marcel's, 8301 Grand Ave. South, Bloomington, MN. They have tons of soda there with sugar and in glass! smile.gif

Dr. Galaga
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Here's a shot of Marcel's that Markito sent me:
http://home.comcast.net/~dr.galaga/images/marcels.jpg

[ 05-21-2006, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Galaga ]

Silencio
05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Thank you SO much for the information and the beautiful picture!

ithastabeshasta
05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Galaga:
Try Marcel's, 8301 Grand Ave. South, Bloomington, MN. They have tons of soda there with sugar and in glass! smile.gif WOW! I have never heard of them before. I guess I will have to get there. Bubble Up, Kickapoo Joy Juice and Mexican Squirt w/sugar are available at a small coffee shop and Boylans Cane Cola is available at the Conoco station in Cambridge.

[ 05-21-2006, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: ithastabeshasta ]

Dr. Galaga
05-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
Bubble Up, Kickapoo Joy Juice and Mexican Squirt w/sugar are available at a small coffee shop and Boylans Cane Cola is available at the Conoco station in Cambridge. By the way that 'Kito described it this place distributes things to coffee houses and C-stores all around the Twin-Cities. When he walked in he said that he felt like a little kid in a candy store! :rolleyes:
I think he said that things were around a buck a bottle (and cheaper by the case). Plus they have Mexican sodas too. :eek: :D

ithastabeshasta
05-21-2006, 11:29 PM
I hope when I get there they still have some of that RC in bottles I see in the picture!

Dr. Galaga
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Here's some Mexican stuff:
http://home.comcast.net/~dr.galaga/images/mexican.jpg

Dr. Galaga
05-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
I hope when I get there they still have some of that RC in bottles I see in the picture! Maybe if you are lucky they will still have the 100th anniversary bottles! They are blue and white instead of red and yellow, but they are still cool!

I think I may have to stop by there when I'm up your way this summer and get some Mexican Squirt. I am starting to salivate! tongue.gif

[ 05-21-2006, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Galaga ]

Silencio
05-22-2006, 06:30 AM
This is just too Fantastic. I will be stopping there today or tomorrow. If this is a dream I never want to wake up.

Dr. Galaga
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Let us know how it goes and could you check and how much the Mexican stuff is?

Cheer-wined
05-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Does Marcel's have all the local sodas like Buddy's, Iron Horse, Killebrew, etc.? I was just thinking about going to the twin cities later this year - great post!

[ 05-22-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Silencio
05-23-2006, 07:02 AM
I am planning on going there today or tomorrow at the latest. I will check on the price of the Mexican stuff, and try to keep in mind the availability of the local stuff there.

There is a big grocery chain here called Cub, huge stores and that is where I get Mexican Coke, it's $1.35 a bottle. I will certainly check the price at Marcels and update you all soon!

Silencio
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I just got back from Marcel's. Sorry about the caps, but...IT IS HEAVEN ON EARTH. I cannot possibly list everything they have. I picked up bottles of the following: Boylans Kane Cola, both regular and natural, Mexican Squirt, Little bottles of Coke from HOLLAND, Moxie Cherry Cola, a couple Cola's made from real sugar that I had not seen or heard of before, I can't recall what they are, they are in my van. I bought a RC Cola with sugar. Sun Drop!

They have everything, but were temporarly out of Bubble Up and Dr. Pepper, but they do get them and sellout pretty quickly. It's a big warehouse full of pleasure, just like the pictures show. You can buy cases, or individual.

The people that work there are possibly the friendliest and most helpful folks you will find on earth, and they are really into it. They had a samples stand up for this new brand, and they had cold bottles and poured samples for me to drink. Awesome.

I assure you if I lived outside of Minnesota, I would drive here just to go to Marcels. The individual bottles varied in price from $1 to $1.50 for Mexican, however when I checked out, I had 20 bottles, the nice lady counted to 20 and charged me $20.

I told my buddy I was with that Marcels was the greatest store I ever stepped foot in, and I meant it.

I will write later to share the other things I got there that I cannot recall. Oh.. I did get a Kickapoo or whatever that's called. I had never seen it before.

Silencio
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
The other brands I picked out were Cricket Cola, real sugar and a bottle is now in the freezer getting nice and chilled. I am excited to try it. The display they had set up and were giving free samples of was Filbert's, I think known for their root beer. They had all kinds of Filbert's flavors, I tasted their Cola which was awesome I thought. I picked out a Raspberry flavor, Pineapple and Black Cherry, all made with real sugar and in nice bottles. They had a few more flavors other than those, pretty sure they had a watermelon version!

Thanks for the heads up about Marcel's, my life has improved overnight!

ithastabeshasta
05-27-2006, 05:03 PM
I stopped at Marcel's today what a store, had to have 150+ different glass bottle soda's. I picked up 2 cases, did cost me $54 but if I would have bought straight cases instead of mixed it would have been less. Here's what I picked up. http://www.canconnection.com/newauctions.jpg

Dr. Galaga
05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
So, is this basically like a supermarket? You just walk down the isles and pick a few of this and a few of that? :cool:

ithastabeshasta
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
It is similar to a supermarket but it is actually a wholesale distributer which has a retail area. They have singles on shelves as you walk in then farther into the store they have the cases. You can open the cases if they don't have any singles out. They also sell coffee and other hot beverage condiments

ithastabeshasta
05-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I just had a chilled Nesbitt's Orange and I now have a new favorite Orange Soda. Yum! :D

Mr Zabe
05-27-2006, 09:01 PM
That bottle of Dad's root beer is calling my name. LOL It looks so good. YUM!!!!!

Silencio
05-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I am having a Boylans Cane Cola as I write this, and my daughter is enjoying for the first time a beautiful cold bottle of Sun Drop that we bought from Marcels! The store is a legit paradise on earth.

ithastabeshasta
05-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I will warn anyone who wants to pick up something specific, they don't always have every flavor available, like they didn't have Bubble Up or Mountain Dew when I went. They are at the bottlers mercy so if your looking for something specific call ahead to see if they have it.

Hacksaw
05-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Around here Real Soda mentioned that Bubble Up is their hottest seller. Considering I just finished up one a few minutes ago I can see why. Dad's in glass is also a frequent beverage of mine.

Nesbitt's & Moxie Cherry Cola are the only 2 of those in that bottle picture I can't get around here. But I can't get Filbert's or Sun Drop.

A good find there. I thought there was more than just Jungle Jim's in Ohio out there. :cool:

[ 05-28-2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Hacksaw ]

bardsny
06-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have a phone number for Marcels so I can call for whats in stock before I take a ride.

Dr. Galaga
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
952-888-5000

moxie_hunter
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
It looks like Marcel's is no longer is business. I know this thread has been dead for a few years, but does anyone know where else in Minnesota to buy Moxie Cherry. It is a tradition to get my son a case every Christmas.