PDA

View Full Version : Root Beer in Chicago

JoeO
07-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm headed from Minneapolis to Northbrook on Monday and will be on the hunt for some Root Beers I haven't had; anything from grocery store brands to regional to microbrews.

I've had any national brand I can find in the Minneapolis area and some regional, 106 in all.

Gales, Blummers, Point, Sprecher, Bergoff come immediately to mind as brand's I've had. Is there a Dog N' Suds in the Chicago area? Any other brands and where I can get them would be great. I'll be ther for work and obviously I can't spend all the time in the car hunting these down, so the closer to Northbrook the better.

I'll be heading down through Madison, Rockfor in on 90 to Carpentersville, Palatine and on to Northbrook. On the flip side, I'll go north from Northbrook either through Milwaukee, Madison and home, or north through Lake Geneva, Madison and home.

Mr Zabe
07-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi Joe,
Northbrook has several nice grocery stores that you might find some root beers. Check out Sunset Foods,Jewel and Dominicks. These stores are easy to get to.

Good Luck
Zabe

Rob The SURGE Drinker
07-16-2006, 02:08 PM
so your going through madison, and rockford then... janesville is in the middle of both cities... at the east side Woodmans in madison, they have dog n suds in a 32 oz glass bottle made with hfcs, i had some last night... and if you stop off in janesville, at some gas stations, (kwik trips for sure) you can find a localy brewed soda called Gray's. they have many flavors, including rootbeer, so if you are here, give them a try... (i live in janesville) anything else i can help with, make sure to let me know

JoeO
07-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey...thanks for the lead on Dog n' Suds....I'll drop in there. Now, Grey's I've had but would like some more, so I'll stop there too.

Here was some someone from Madison who posted the following as available there.

-Sprecher (and its diet counterpart)
-Berghoff (and diet)
-Goose Island
-Houdini's (made by Alder Brau)
-Blumer's (good stuff)
-Point (also good)
-Ol' Bob Millers (not sure if this is sold regionally or nationally)
-JD's Old-Fashioned (Viking Brewery)
-Baumeister's
-Jumpin' Johnny's
-Gray's
-Fitz's (this might be national)
-Cool Mountain (this one might be too)
-Seymour

If I could find a place to pick up these off the list above I'd much appreciate it:

Fitz's,
Seymour
JD's
Houdini's (made by Alder Brau
Jumpin Johnny's
Ol' Bob Millers (not sure if this is sold regionally or nationally)
Baumeister's

Rob The SURGE Drinker
07-17-2006, 02:28 AM
ya the same general area as the dod n suds i think has a couple of those as well too. woodmans is a great store, lol... also, not sure, but if you are looking for a general rare soda, they carry cheerwine too, in 20 oz and 12 packs... just wanted to let you know, because i know its generaly rare in this area.