PDA

View Full Version : Coke Slammers

humming
08-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Does anyone carry Coke Slammers?
Can anyone tell me how they are selling?

here are photos of Coke Slammers.

http://hfs.washington.edu/dining/form.aspx?id=573
http://hfs.washington.edu/dining/default.aspx?id=514

Thank you.

the saint
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I have never heard of them. Either they are a fairly new brand or the local coke distr doesn't carry ...yet.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
i have seen them a while back in some random gas station... cant remember where...

also, 500th post! hooray!

[ 08-05-2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

Mr Zabe
08-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Gee Rob,
I feels like your 5,000th post.
Congrads on your posting. You always have good
insights to share. smile.gif
Zabe

David J.
08-05-2006, 10:37 PM
I've seen them in a few places in NY, but VERY few places, it's like they do not exist.

cokepa
08-05-2006, 10:53 PM
They're sold in a lot of places here in central PA, and we'll probably be seeing more of them. Seems like everyone's getting into the milk business now. They sell okay here, and hopefully it will pick up. I enjoy the Milky Way and Three Musketeers occasionally. Peach Smoothie is very good. The Strawberry Smoothie tasted a bit artificial to me. I haven't tried any other flavors.

fusion
08-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Due to limited production capacity, they were mainly sold in schools, and directly through some stores' warehouses (Giant-Carlisle, 7-11, for example). But they are now being sold in more stores.

Bravo! is the company that owns the brands.

http://www.bravobrands.com/

humming
08-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Thank you for your replies. Cokepa, please let us know if you see any trend developing in terms of Coke Slammers sales. I know they are on school campuses but I would like to know how popular they will be off campus with kids or adults. The following is a reply from the vending manager at University of Washington.

"Coca Cola Enterprises distributes the product. Because of the packaging, it is only dispensed out of the Dixie Narco glass front machines. It has been a great addition to the entire line of products Coke carries on campus, which includes the Dasani water and Minute Maid juice line. The Slammers have a very good shelf life which make it a good fit in locations where the volume flucuates during the academic and non academic periods."

CStoreCatMan
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I have had several accounts in my area carry them and get rid of them because they don't seem to be selling enough to warrant the shelf space.

NRGSLLR@
08-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't guite understand the concept of a milk based product being considered refreshment. I think people have an expectation of thirst quenching when they consume a beverage. Milk beverages are IMO a meal replacement. Or definitely skewed to the morning daypart.

Mr Zabe
08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
IMO...with the introduction and acceptance of skim/low fat milk into the American diet; a new market of milk consumers was formed.

I remember as a kid in the 70's, I used to ride my bike all day. I would stop off at home to get a drink and 50% of the time I would choose ice cold skim milk as I found it cold and refreshing. Granted if I could grab a cold bottle of soda pop there would be not doubt what I would go for. LOL

When I started to drive to high school. Ice cold Kayo and a Hostess brownie was my drug of choice. Many times if money was short, I would just drink two Yahoo's as they were some damn good.

[ 08-09-2006, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rackitup
08-09-2006, 02:37 AM
I find the sobe and jones drinks with milk served over ice refreshing, but not slammers, or ben and jerry.

David J.
08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
There's a store that typically sells short-dated products at very cheap prices, and they had one Slammer.

It's like a sodapop lover's dream if you drink your soda right after you get it, or don't mind short-dated products. smile.gif

Mr Zabe
08-10-2006, 12:29 PM
David,
Prey tell, name of the store and the general location (state and town). Thanks

David J.
08-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I knew you where going to ask, LOL. Anyway...

Griff's 5 1 2 Cent Redemtion Center
315-782-2197
419 Factory St
Watertown NY 13601-2729

Yes, they deal with beverages, and redemption. I'd say a good 95% of their stock is short-dated, and if that doesn't bother you, you'll love it. A few weeks ago the street was repaved and thank god, my car almost fell thru a pothole! So now I'm going their more often. smile.gif

humming
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
David J, Thank you for letting us know.
Do you recall which slammer (flavor) it was? Was it Starbust?

David J.
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I think it was 3 Musketters?

Again, maybe they only got a limited supply or have sold well? All schools have Pepsi products, FWIF.

humming
08-13-2006, 12:50 AM
David J, I thought all schools have Coke products. Are schools in NY have pretty much all Pepsi products and no Coke products in their vending machines?

David J.
08-13-2006, 01:28 AM
My town is a Pepsi town, and a wierd one at that. LOL

Well, I graduated from high school a year ago, and I can tell you that the high school in my town has Pepsi machines in the caffeterias, and I think the teachers lounge has a Coke machine -- I never paid much attention.

Now that I am in College, the community college in my town has pepsi machines and a fountain for pepsi drinks. There is a pepsi warehouse in my town -- or is it a bottler? I don't know. I do find it funny that the Wendy's are still selling Pepsi -- because coke is too expensive and wendys has an exclusive contract with Coke -- go figure.

And I've heard that the Nice 'N Easy (a north east c-store chain) stores get their Pepsi products from Sams Club (well the ones in my area) because it is so expensive to buy directly from Pepsi or some other distributor.

So I guess I live in a Pepsi stronghold. Zabe would love it here, LOL.

Mr Zabe
08-13-2006, 08:33 AM
David,
It would be a pleasure to live in a Pepsi town such as yours. Gosh a good fountain Pepsi is worth a million YUMs. smile.gif

David J.
08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh I'm not complaning or anything, but I find everything a little different. smile.gif

cokepa
08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
8 oz. Slammers are coming. Looks like they are primarily for vending in schools and other cafeterias.

humming
08-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Cokepa, I wonder how popular 8oz bottles are going to be in schools. Please let us know if you hear of anything. Thanks!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-15-2006, 11:23 PM
theese popped up at our local woodmans, 99 cents each with a 50 cent coupon to make em 49 cents... i got milkyway and 3 musketeers. havent tried 'em yet

humming
08-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Has anyone found out how they are selling on
school campuses? Do you think they are popuplar among young kids?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-27-2006, 03:54 AM
i dunno, but it looks like two new flavors have been made. havent seen them in person, but an ad here on the board shows Trix and Cocoa Puffs cereal flavors.

humming
08-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Rob, That sounds interesting. I guess their products (tastes) are not really geared for adults. But as long as they are popular among kids they've got the futre and that's what I am interested in finding out. Will they catch on? Please let me know what you think and what you see.

juniorjin
08-31-2006, 03:36 AM
judging from the popularity of the nesquik shakes and with the imminent competition with Ben & Jerry's, I think Slammers will become a much larger brand than it is now.
I've seen them all over the place (mostly in gas stations) and some major stores (Albertson's in Vegas, Safeway in Seattle, speedway and bp in michigan and in gas stations in IL and IN).

I think the target for these kinds of drinks are usually males4-30 and females 4-16.

I know slammers have been around for a while, but there seems to be more visibilty as of late due to the fact that ccb has taken over distribution.

humming
09-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Juniorjin, thank you for your observation.
I am actually looking forward to tasting Cocoa puffs , Wheaties, Trix flavored milks.

Monster addict
09-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Cokepa, Did you receive any 8oz Slammers yet? If so, when will they be delivered to schools? Any word on when we will start seeing the new Trix flavored milks? Thanks in advance.

cokepa
09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I haven't seen any 8 oz. Slammers yet. And I haven't heard a thing about the Trix flavor yet, other than on Bevnet. I'll let you know any new developments.

David J.
09-08-2006, 12:33 AM
I bought one at a Gas Station... for like a $1.79 and it was pretty darn good, but VERY expensive.

David J.
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
OK. I've had both milkyway and 3 musketeers and I really like them, but paying $1.69 is a bit too much for me. So they are a treat for me every once in a while.

humming
09-18-2006, 01:33 AM
Has anyone seen Breakfast Blenders by BRAVO yet? Has anyone seen them in New York?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Here in Aguascalientes there's 9-pack boxes of Milky Way Slammers for $75 pesos ($7.5 bucks) available only at Sam's Club... Does that Milky Way slammers taste good? Cause I want to buy a box...

[ 09-18-2006, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

cokepa
09-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Yes the Milky Way Slammers are very good, in my opinion. I have bought some of the 9 packs at our local Sam's Club sometimes too. They don't always have them though and it seems they have to mark down the price quite a bit to get rid of them. So I have my doubts I'll see them there again.

For those of you wondering about the 8 0z. Slammers... We don't have them in our warehouse yet. I don't know what is going on. I have nothing new to report.

David J.
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I think they are very good, but I'd buy more milk in general... if it wasn't so darned expensive before sales tax.

Slammers are only sold at a few c-stores around here, and I love 'em. The milk that was (still is?) sold at the high school is a by a local company (Byrne Dairy).

humming
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Ramón, are they selling Milky Way Slammers well at Sam's club in Aguascalientes, Mexico?
Is a $75 pesos ($7.5 bucks) 9-pack box considered expensive over there? Please let us know if you like the taste.

cokepa
11-11-2006, 09:57 PM
8 oz. Slammers have finally arrived in our warehouse and will be going out on trucks on Monday. They're primarily for school cafeterias and meet the new ABA guidelines. We have them in five flavors: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, 3 Muskateers, and an organic milk, which I don't think has any flavoring, but I could be wrong on that. I hadn't heard of the organic version before, just saw it sitting in the warehouse. We'll see what happens. A sales flier I saw on them has a suggested retail of $1.25. Seems pretty expensive to me for 8 oz. of milk. Slammers are a good product in my opinion, but I am usually unwilling to pay the price for them, and I know some others feel the same way. If I had a choice between a $1.59 Milky Way Slammers and a $.89 chocolate milk, I'd take the latter.

Mr Zabe
11-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Call me stupid..LOL..They are going to sell 3 Musketeers slammers to school kids? LOL Gee speak about candy bar torture. They can drink a 3 Musketeers slammer but they can't buy the candy bar from food service. LOL

This kind of insanity has to stop. LMAO!!!!

David J.
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I live in NY, and Byrne Dairy is a huge staple so they sell lots of flavored and reg. milk, and at the high school, a 14oz bottle was $1.

Not too bad of a deal, considering that it was more at the local byrne dairy and at other stores.

turbojames
11-13-2006, 06:15 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=brvo.ob

humming
11-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi Cokepa,

How was the sale for the 8 oz. Slammers for the first week?

cokepa
11-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Humming, It's too soon for me to tell about sales yet, as I haven't got back to see how they have sold yet. I personally only delivered them to one school so far. I'll let you how things develop but I really don't forsee anything too great happening.