PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine 2 Liters dissapearing in my area

BRH
09-13-2006, 11:43 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew what was up with the Cheerwine distribution in my area? I live in the Knoxville/East Tennessee area and it is served by All American Bottling (now DPSU/Cadbury Schweppes, I believe).
I noticed recently that they are no longer stocking the 2 Liter size of Cheerwine in the local grocery stores. (12 pack cans are still there for now). I was wondering if they are planning on dropping distribution of Cheerwine all together in the Knoxville area? I sure hope not. I love Cheerwine and I hope it remains available in the East Tennessee area. I've e-mailed both Cheerwine and Cadbury Schweppes(DPSU), and asked about it but haven't received a reply yet.
Does anyone know what's up? If they drop it, I guess I'll be making trips over the hills to North Carolina to stock up.
I've always loved Cheerwine. We had it back in the mid 80's (anyone remember the goofy rap type song and jingles they had back then. I loved those). Then it went away for several years and came back to the East Tennessee area a few years ago. I hope they don't drop it again. Behind Pepsi and Wild Cherry Pepsi, Cheerwine is my next favorite.

Cheer-wined
09-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with All-American becoming part of the C-S bottling group. Carolina Beverage never had much success with DPSUBG - I have seen it distributed by ABC in WV but not in other DPSUBG territories. Outside of the southeast, it's usually distributed through the Pepsi system.

If you head up I-81 to the Tri-Cities area, it is still being bottled & distributed by Tri-City Beverages in Johnson City.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-19-2006, 10:04 PM
all-american was bought up eh?

Cheer-wined
09-19-2006, 10:42 PM
C-S bought out Carlyle's share in DPSUBG, then turned around and bought All-American. It's like a horror movie for product quality. Just think, All-American product could end up tasting just like ABC's ...