PDA

View Full Version : Unusual sodas in DFW

jdavidb
11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Okay, nobody knew of a place for me to get Cheerwine in DFW. How about other unusual sodas? I know that before Dublin Dr Pepper really took off there was a convenience store in Dallas that supposedly specialized in providing those ... is there a place somewhere in DFW that would have a lot of these things I don't ordinarily see?

the saint
11-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Don't know about a specific c-store but you can try Central Market (if they still exist there) I have bought some soda there before that was "not of the region". Also you might try Albertsons. They will ask the bottler to bring some and "sometimes" you may be able to convince a manager to get some shipped from an albertsons in another state, it is a long shot but the Albertsons you go into may have "that guy" who would be willing to try to have it shipped for you. Then again I may just be talking out the back basement window.. :D

[ 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Fixx
11-17-2006, 06:16 PM
There is an independent retailer in Arlington area that sells "off the wall" sodas. They, if I remember correctly, will sell Dr Pepper but only in glass bottles in order to keep the "boutique" aura of the store.

I wish I could recall the name...but I am at a loss right now.

Maybe check online at Yellowpages.com for soda retailers?
Later

drpep
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
www.ifsand*****.com?? (http://www.ifsand*****.com??) I think they are gone.