PDA

View Full Version : Virgil's Root beer

gregmech26
04-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Virgil's Root Beer had WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much licorice in it. Tasted like the liquid version of Good N Plenty licorice candy.

If you like Jagermeister, then you probably will like Virgil's. Would be a lot better if they reduced that heavy licorice taste.

The Nutmeg version was slightly better.

BottleBoss
04-18-2005, 12:47 AM
I agree. I didn't like it when I had it.

DPM
11-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Personally I find it to be my favorite rootbeer,
I do happen to like licorice,

My girlfriend's daughter that HATES licorice actually loved the Virgil's I gave her and we also campared it to Barqs and Mug,

Two cheers for Virgil's

Dean

BottleBoss
11-15-2005, 07:08 PM
I don't like the root beer at all but the cream soda is very good.

sodasommelier
11-26-2005, 01:04 PM
I think Virgil's is pretty good. I like the licorice taste; actually I notice 'anise' as well. But my all time favorite (in my opinion like a mouthful of those 'root beer barrel' candies) is Sparky's. That's the best of all the 52 brands of root beer I have. Another one which is really good and perhaps less "licorice" ish is the Capt'n Eli's from Portland, Maine. But of course there are lots of those foamy and less flavorful root beers like Thomas Kemper which a lot of people really like; root beer is much like beer that way... some people like it cold with less flavor and others like it just 'cool' with tons of flavor...

gregmech26
12-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Virgil needs to do some quality control on their cream soda. I stopped purchasing their cream sodas because more than likely their product is expired or tastes significantly different. I like to know I'm buying a fresh, consistent product.

Virgil's "Bavarain Nutmeg" root beer is very good; however, there is still too much licorice flavor.

[ 12-03-2005, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]