PDA

View Full Version : Special K20 Protein Waters

DP81
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Thought this would be pertinent for this board. I work for Special K and there is a new drink line that will be available in November called The Special K20 Protein Waters. The flavors include Strawberry Kiwi, Lemon Twist and Tropical Blend. The protein enriched drinks are aimed at helping curb hunger throughout the day.

greg
10-31-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey DP81,
What does the "20" stand for? Is that 20g of protein?
Are your protein drinks heat processed?

DP81
10-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Greg

The "2 O" is actually a play on H2O(chemical symbol for water). The protein waters will contain 5 grams of protein. Does that clear it up?

[ 10-31-2006, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: DP81 ]

greg
10-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks

DP81
12-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Has anyone had the chance to try out Special K20 Protein Waters? If so...what did you think?

CStoreCatMan
12-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Haven't seen them. Where are they being sold? Which accounts are carrying them?

greg
12-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Are they "Still" in the market????
Seriously??? How can 5g of protein be considered a way to ward off hunger?

Save your money and just drink plain ole water. It has the same effect. We all should be getting in at least 64oz a day anyway.

SumPoosieCat
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I am drinking a Sour Apple Stacker 2 Protein Water with 20 grams of protein. It has 80 calories in 19.44 ounces and taste pretty good.

DP81
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
They are available nationwide. They are located in the in Diet and Nutrition sections of grocery and drug stores. Are you still having trouble finding them?

SumPoosieCat
12-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Buy it at Big Lots in a few months.

the saint
12-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
Buy it at Big Lots in a few months. never mind, have a good day everyone

[ 12-27-2006, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

SumPoosieCat
01-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Gee... you don't agree ? Imagine that Saint...
I have tried it... it's pretty bad.

deepnenergy
01-04-2007, 06:44 PM
I just seen a TV ad for Spec K and they had the beverages on the shelf with all their products pushing healthy living. NOT bad, since the US Health Dept. just launched a BIG program to fight the over weight problem in America and putting up millions to do so.

I wonder how many will jump on that. Looks like they hit the mark to me....IMO

PS....SPC, RB taste like crap IMO and its not in big Lots.....R U Bitter about something??? and I've seen good tasting EDs in Big Lots too.

SumPoosieCat
01-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Lol... tell me who K2O is for ? Who is going to buy it ? Men ?? Check the packaging... Women? They drink protein... I don't see it. 5 grams of protein is nothing for those looking for protein.
IMO... :D

greg
01-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Lol... tell me who K2O is for ? Who is going to buy it ? Men ?? Check the packaging... Women? They drink protein... I don't see it. 5 grams of protein is nothing for those looking for protein.
IMO... :D WOW! I just drank a K20...I am so full feeling and my muscle are exploding from all that protein! I probably won't eat again until dinner! LOL ;)

Mr Zabe
01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
ROTFL
I just drank a K20 and now I can finally see my feet. LOL

deepnenergy
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I guess the answer comes with who laughs on the way to the bank. I guess PPL like to bash what they are scared of but it seems that way.

I just think if you encourage others when they pull ahead most will take you with them. What is it "you catch more flies with sugar then with vinegar". "Treat PPL like you want to be treated". and all that good stuff...

deepnenergy
01-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I will say one thing, I do know that DSD and other big companies look at this and I wouldn't want someone to say that "that guy from RL or SP (you know who) likes to talk trash". A lot of DSD are friends with those your talking about.

It's like someone running for office, PPL don't like to vote on the ones that are negative and talk all the trash, at least that is the way it is in my neck of the woods, maybe all over since the trash talker never made it to the BIG Office.....LOL to that.

SumPoosieCat
01-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Deepenergy what are you talking about ??? No one is talking TRASH I am expressing my opinion. I bought the product ... I tried the product and I don't get it. Who is it for ??? That is a simple question. Because of the packaging I don't see men buying it and to be honest I don't see women buying it for 5 grams of protein.

Be bold be brave take a side. If you think its great state your case ... otherwise your just @#$#ing in the wind.

greg
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
deepnenergy,
I know that of which I talk about. My disciplne is based in the nutrition field. You can not take 5g of protein and expect to ward off hunger.
Drinking water alone can help you curb hunger but the good thing about that is you don't have to pay $1.49 for it, just use tap water.

fusion
01-05-2007, 09:17 PM
50ยข a bottle at the local supercenter.

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by greg:
deepnenergy,
I know that of which I talk about. My disciplne is based in the nutrition field. You can not take 5g of protein and expect to ward off hunger.
Drinking water alone can help you curb hunger but the good thing about that is you don't have to pay $1.49 for it, just use tap water. I guess its my time to say sorry, I just think that no matter what is going on we should look to the positive even when its hard to find. I do think it's going to hit a market as a water alternative for some ladies (not men) unless the wife packs the lunch, LOL.
You said it your self, you can curve hunger with water well , now they have it with 5mg of protein just like another water alternative V-water sells like crazy but you would have to drink 10 per day to get the full measure out of it, BUT they sell...... smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

deepnenergy
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
and by the way I watched 4 ads last night on 2 stations....they are going to hit it hard...

greg
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
and by the way I watched 4 ads last night on 2 stations....they are going to hit it hard... The ones I saw really pushed the whole Kellogs new diet brands along with their standard Special K cereal promotions. Nice job of bundling them together.

deepnenergy
01-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by deepnenergy:
and by the way I watched 4 ads last night on 2 stations....they are going to hit it hard... The ones I saw really pushed the whole Kellogs new diet brands along with their standard Special K cereal promotions. Nice job of bundling them together. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes i thought that was a great way to combine products to complete the whole Healthy life style.

SumPoosieCat
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I don't see women taking on 50 calories from their WATER for a measley 5 grams of protein.

IMO.

David J.
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
As I was going on break at work, some lady came up to me and asked me if we sold these... the coupons said in the diet/nutritional isle, and I don't think we have one at the store I work at.

CStoreCatMan
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't see women taking on 50 calories from their WATER for a measley 5 grams of protein.

IMO. Vitamin Water also has 50 cals per serving and people drink that all day long!

Two things about this product - when I first saw the packaging I wasn't thinking it was a "water." It seemed like another nutritional beverage...but branded by Special K. It looks like a packaged protein drink to me.

Secondly, I don't know how successful cross promos will be. What kind of consumer buys Special K cereal? Probably the soccer moms and women trying to maintain or lose a little weight. IMO, this product will appeal to the same group of consumers. I don't think this will do much for men...

Mr Zabe
01-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Special K (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=special+k)

Speak about cross promotion. LOL

SumPoosieCat
01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I saw it Costco... manager said they cannot give it away. Nobody knows what it is according to him.

deepnenergy
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I saw it Costco... manager said they cannot give it away. Nobody knows what it is according to him. See, the key word is that you seen it there. what do you not see there?

greg
01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by deepnenergy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
I saw it Costco... manager said they cannot give it away. Nobody knows what it is according to him. See, the key word is that you seen it there. what do you not see there? </font>[/QUOTE]Ive seen plenty of items in Costco, Sams Club, BJ's, any mass market account. That really doesn't mean that much for a company such as Kellogs. They have the power and the resources to push product into large mass accounts.
I remember seeing AB 180 energy drink all over the place when it was first introduced. Anywhere Bud was sold there was 180...Now, I am told by AB guys, they can't give the stuff away.
Costco will soon realize that the real estate dedicated for K20 is not a good ROI and tell Kellogs to stop shipping product.

Mr Zabe
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Well said Greg and right on target. smile.gif