PDA

View Full Version : Your First Beer

Pete
01-24-2003, 09:03 PM
ok, lets hear about your first beer....what was it? where was it? and how old were you?

my first beer was at a small get together at a friends house. i was 14 and every time my friends would offer me a beer i told tham that i'm not into drinking. when i finally gave in and had one to shut them up. it was a curvey 12 oz michelob.hmmm not bad after all. 8 beers later i passed out at the kitchen table hunched over an acoustic guitar. needless to say i spent the night there,woke up in the middle of the night to piss and stepped in cat $h|T BAREFOOT!!

[ 01-24-2003, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

Ron Swedelson
01-25-2003, 02:38 PM
It wasnt untill I was 16 and a Jr. in High School. It was easter vacation, and my and my friend went to SF and decided to shoulder-tap for some beer. We got a 40 oz. Old English, and went to a park in the middle of China Town. So there me and my friend are, the only white guys in the whole place drinking beer. Actully my friend was drinking it untill I asked to try some. After abotu 3 big chugs I was laughing my ass off, already buzzed. That began a few summers of 40 oz.s for me, luckly I improved to St. Ides 40 oz.s.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-25-2003, 04:48 PM
at the store i worked at, we allowed people to break open sixpacks of bottles and cans. i took all those, saved them for a month and then took em home. i mustve had like 3 cases of the most random ass **** ever. it was nice because i got to try all sorts of stuff, bad because a lot was probably skunky as all hell

Ron
01-31-2003, 08:40 PM
Carta Blanca,, on a one day train excursion in Mexico, from Mexicali. GREAT taste! Vendors had it in ice buckets - I think for one Peso. I think I'd tasted some American beer before then, which then as now tastes like "something you don't want in your mouth".
Back in the 1960's you couldn't get good Meican beer in California stores , so you had to go there or smuggle it back.

sodasommelier
02-06-2003, 11:01 PM
It was a Coronita, in Tijuana Mexico when I was 18. In California you can't buy beer before you're 21, and I had tasted sips of my Dad's Coors and thought I hated beer (if that's all that were left I'd hate it still) but since I collect bottle caps and was with some friends in Mexico I wanted the cap on the Coronita so I bought it and decided I shouldn't let it go to waste. Wow, that was an improvement over what I had had before; had a few before returning to the US. Of course now I go for better stuff than that but I do have to give hats off to Coronita for being the first full bottle of beer I ever had! And Ron (Swedelson)... gee whiz 40oz malt liquors? That's like jumping into the pool on the deep end!! But those are still better than Coors; gotta give you that!!!

mickstafa
02-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Newcastle Brown Ale, in Newcastle, England on tap. It remains my favorite!

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-12-2003, 05:37 PM
i agree with mickstafa. fresh newcastle is a beautiful thing.

boilermaker
02-21-2003, 01:32 PM
My first taste of beer was a swig of mom's "Brew 102" ($.99 6-packs, remember those SS?) when I was around 10. Ugh. It was so bad, I didn't have another beer until I was in the Marines (19), and you only had to be 18 to drink beer on base.

Now, I was drinking rum and cokes at my dad's house when I was 12.

Returnables Rock
04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
My first beer was Natural Ice. It was pure crap but I was 15 and I didn't know what real beer tasted like. Back then, it was all about the price and for $8 a 24pack how could you go wrong?

Brennos
04-30-2003, 04:56 PM
My first taste of the golden nectar was a sip of Black Label when I was about four. I found my dad's can sitting on the back of the lawnmower, and thought it would be a good idea to taste it. After the intial gag, it was horrible. As I grew up, I always chalked up my initial reaction to being unaccustomed to beer. Then, as a part of an initiation ceremony, we had to chug Black Label. I discovered that it was just as horrible as the first taste. Had I known that, I would proably started drinking beer at an earlier age.