PDA

View Full Version : best SUMMER beer!

toby1
04-30-2004, 08:44 PM
wondering if any of you guys/gals (not heard from you in a while HEIDI) have a favorite "SUMMER" beer?

mine is (in order)
(1)GEARYS
(2)TROUT RIVER (whitewater ale)
(3)BERKSHIRE
(4)GRITTYS

Look forward to everyones response

Ron Swedelson
05-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Lost Coast White Shark (hefe)
Marin Brewing Company IPA
Laganitas D.U.I.P.A.

The hefe is a great beer to drink durring the hot day...The heavy in hops, IPA's are great at night

toby1
05-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Ron you sound like you might like a hoppy beer, have you ever had "HAZED and INFUSED" from Rockies Brewery? its a dry hopped ale.

Ron Swedelson
05-01-2004, 02:10 PM
no, but I will definatly keep an eye open when I am out at the local Beverages and More, or travel out that way.

toby1
05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
wow four post between two members!

I guess that folks would rather comment on edudes STUPID remarks than engage in some meaningful posts/discussions!

bwallach
05-05-2004, 05:05 PM
topic hyjack

toby can you give the edude jabs a rest ;) If you don't like him don't give him reason to respond. Don't take this as siding with anyone I'm just tired of the whole thing . We all know you don't like edude.

the bickering between people is getting old.

Now back the topic at hand.

Summer beer I haven't had a summer beer really. I like gritty's and gearys american ale. I don't drink all the much beer anymore. I'm so out of the scene smile.gif

toby1
05-05-2004, 05:35 PM
point takin bwall

Tahts-a-dats-ago
05-05-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't have a favorite summer beer: I tend to buy/drink whichever beer I'm in the mood for (at the time).

Summer time is the only time that I'll puchase canned beer. I fish with several people and we always purchase canned beer for those outings (don't want broken glass in the boat).

That said, nothing beats a cold beer on a hot summer's day. Just about any brand of beer will quench my thirst better than any other beverage choice.

I live in the woods (in a secluded area), so sitting on the deck, listening to the radio while smoking a cigar and drinking an ice cold beer is among my favorite means for enjoying the summer nights. Throw in some steaks on the grill and my definition of heaven is almost complete.

MikeRa
04-02-2008, 01:50 AM
One of my favorite summer beer is Farmhouse Summer Ale, from Flying Fish Brewing, based in New Jersey.

francoenergy99
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Miller Chill its niiiiiiccceeee.

greg
04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I use to get into the microbrews years ago. One of my favoirtes was from a the " 2nd largest brewer in Golden, CO. " Just about 4-5 blocks from the main gate of the Coors Brewing facility in Golden was this guy that made home brews out of an old house. You could take an empty Milk jug up there and he would fil it up for you. Thinking back I'm not sure the beer was the best part.....maybe it was just the atmosphere and the guys "sak" for setting up shop that close to Coors.

I still enjoy an Ice Cold Miller Lite in the summer as well as winter and whatever seasons are in between.

I liked the Pete's Summer brew...a lite lemon taste that was great for cook outs.
Abita " Purple Haze" is always a favorite. Although some would suggest that its rasberry flavor is more for the females I like it just the same. It is a simple wheat beer with rasperry pulp.

The Hefeweizen's aren't bad but I have to be in the right mood. A little too much mouth feel from these beers.

And of course alltime favorites are form places in Ski Towns. The Breckenridge Brewery in Downtown Breck, the Wasatch Brew Pub located on top of the hill between Park City and Deer Valley, and out in the Colorado Rockies located in Estes Park, CO. is the Estes Park Brewery. Another one that I think one enjoys more for the atmosphere than anything else.

francoenergy99
04-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Coors Lights cold and nice!!!

scum1
04-14-2008, 03:08 AM
I always enjoy a nice unfiltered wheat beer in the summer. Like a shiner hefeweizen or a pyamid summer wheat. In a pinch I can always grab a Blue moon which is a Belgian white ale made by Coors so it is easy to find. I also have been enjoying Shiners annual beers and this years is Shiner 99 which is a Munich Style Helles Lager that is limited.

francoenergy99
04-14-2008, 03:47 AM
smirnoff ice light its new its cold as hell and I'm gonna buy a case when I go on vacation

JasonCH18
04-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Shiner Bock always hits the spot for me.

Nick Laugher
04-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Nothing beats an ice cold Corona with Lime on a hot summer day! Mmmm.
I'm also partial to a nice Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale or Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager.

francoenergy99
04-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I can respect that Nick

JasonCH18
05-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Nothing beats an ice cold Corona with Lime on a hot summer day! Mmmm.
I'm also partial to a nice Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale or Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager.

I have never been a big Corona Drinker.

francoenergy99
05-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Sam Adams Summer Ale omg can't wait for it it's sooooo good and sooooo clutch in the summmerr!!!! And It's on sale 2$ a glass at my local bar in the summer soooooooo goooood!

CareerNetwork
05-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Has anyone tried the new Bud Light with Lime? Is it good? It looks like a good summer drink.

francoenergy99
05-15-2008, 03:53 AM
It seems like a wanna be Miller Chill way to copy bud light, it probably taste the same just less calories!

skylark68
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
You can call me southern white trash but....

Spring - Lone Star
Summer - Lone Star
Fall - Lone Star
Winter - Lone Star/occasionally PBR...

;)

francoenergy99
05-16-2008, 03:54 AM
I wanna try LoneStar so bad I heard it's great!

Yuma
05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Shock Top Belgian White (Anheuser-Busch)
Sun Dog Amber Wheat (Anheuser-Busch)

francoenergy99
05-20-2008, 03:15 AM
Shock-tops awesome!

scum1
06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Shiner Hefeweizen
blanche de brussels (my current fave)
Blue Moon

Shiner also has a new limited called shiner 99 it is a Helles lager and pretty good.

I want to try the Leinenkugels sunset wheat also. anyone tried it?