PDA

View Full Version : Captain Morgan's Gold Malt Beverage

mrjunkman7
06-18-2004, 11:34 AM
It know- I know.. a million cases were destroyed by Guiness - rather than let us lovers enjoy it.

So much for taking care of your customers.

I will remember this when I order beer tonight

One last desperate search for anyone who knows where some small stash .. or even a six pack, might be found, I would be sincerely greatful.

There has to be of this somewhere in the world.

Thanks,

Mark in Berlin, MA

toby1
06-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Mark ..... c'mon dude. Your embarassing yourself as well as the REAL beer drinkers out here.

This product and posting should never be on this thread. maybe in the product location thread ....not in the "Beer Discussion".

Good luck in finding it. As an alternative to your malternative .... (lol) try Woodys or Margarita Ice. you can find those everywhere.

Robot
06-18-2004, 05:39 PM
yah dude, I was so pissed to hear they destroyed it too..

the first time i had it, i hated it.. was too sweet, didnt taste like captain + coke at all... but then i realized, it wasnt supposed to be captain and coke!! it was its own thing!

and then I loved it, it was really different and really amazingly good..

and then i heard they destroyed so much of it.. it really ****ing pisses me off! if you find any, let me know! jaorobot@yahoo.com!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-19-2004, 09:55 AM
here's the deal
guiness destroyed some, but not all. the rest of it, they sold to broker/exporters who, with license, could sell it overseas in any country where the captain morgan's name wouldn't be tarnished. i think the cost of a case was like three dollars. but the kicker is you had to take like two, maybe three shipping containers full of it.

that's a whole lotta skanky brew.

Robot
06-19-2004, 01:01 PM
anyone know where this stuff went then? i wonder if it would be possible to import some...

tallflip
06-20-2004, 01:48 AM
I can find it here in Los Angeles at some discount stores. If anyone wants some let me know.

Robot
06-20-2004, 02:18 AM
yes, please let me know where you found it and if you could get some for me!

what store is it in? how much was it selling for?!

thanks!

tallflip
06-21-2004, 12:34 AM
i think it was a BIG LOTS store. I'll double check and see where it was. How many do you want and how much would you pay for them? Let me know and I'll start stocking up on it.

Robot
06-21-2004, 07:01 PM
they sell liquor at big lots?

email me at jaorobot81@hotmail.com, and i'll get your address and contact info.

how much do you think it would be to ship 6 bottles, 12 bottles?

Robot
06-25-2004, 04:17 PM
cant wait to have me some captain morgans gold!

Robot
06-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Well my Captain Morgan's Gold is here!

Got a few in the fridge, will be interesting to see how skanky if at all the brew got.

I sipped a few sips from a warm one, and it actually tasted good, same as I remembered..

Good sign... I was hoping that since its such a high sugar content malt beverage, the flavor wouldnt have changed much like a regular beer would have. we'lls ee tongiht when i pop open a cold one to drink while watching tv.

Robot
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
damn, this stuff is amazing..

am conserving it now; dont want to run out immediately..

Robot
08-09-2004, 12:42 AM
well... the UPS guy lost my package of captain morgan gold I had shipped to me.. :( and theres none left out there.

will cherish the remaining 8 or so bottles I have... and I guess save them for special occasions.. i had gotten used to drinking them lately.. and wasted them!!!!!

amazing drink, the more I drink of it, the more I love it... wish they'd re-release it at some point, but I know there is no chance of that..

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-16-2004, 07:32 PM
i met the president of guiness-diageo the other day. there's absolutely, positively...no plans to ever bring back captain morgan's gold. it went through two reformulations and still stalled. sorry man.

Robot
08-16-2004, 09:22 PM
hmm, any word on what the 3 different flavors were like?

i remember having it one time and hating it, but the bottles i am drinking right now are delicious.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-18-2004, 09:00 AM
they were all horrid simulations of the original. they just kept trying to get it to taste well, and america said hell no.

now smirnoff twisted is coming out with a strawberry and a black cherry soon.

zipper
08-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Twisted strawberry you say? I might actually have to break down and buy more flavored booze.

Is the Twisted line sweet?

Syntax
10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
I just got back from a short road trip, walked into a gas station to buy some sodas, and there on the shelf of single beers, was a single bottle of Captain Morgan Gold. After digging I found 1 more..

Amazed to see it I had been looking for it now for over a year.. I asked if they had more, they searched the fridge.. no luck.. Or Id drive back for more..

Robot
10-04-2004, 09:57 AM
god you are a lucky guy, wish i could randomly find some like that!

Robot
01-25-2005, 11:23 PM
thanks to a friend i met thru this bevboard, I am now the proud owner of 18-20 bottles of captain morgan gold..

hoorrrrayyy!!!

longsean
03-17-2005, 03:13 AM
hey man what ever floats your boat. i am a big fan of most alcoholic drinks but this one was pretty bad. to each is their own.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by longsean:
hey man what ever floats your boat. i am a big fan of most alcoholic drinks but this one was pretty bad. to each is their own. copy that. jimbo, you're a nice guy but this stuff was discontinued twice for a reason. it's gross!

Robot
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
i would have to disagree wtih you guys.. delicioso!

Robot
03-17-2005, 07:03 PM
well, i'll give you guys one thing.. the first time i tried it, i only had it because it was a cheaper option than a mixed captain+copke drink, as it was the special.

and i didnt finish it.. i thought it was gross, but i was also just told right before i opened it that it was a captain+coke in a bottle..

once i realized it was supposed to be its own thing, i started to appreciate it.